Summer art schools in Italy: Interior design summer course in Italy, classes in photography, fashion design taught in English for international students, Americans, Canadians, UK citizens. Short art courses in Tuscany, Europe, intensive summer art programs abroad.
Florence Design School: Located close to the center of Florence, one of the fashion and design capitals of Europe, Florence Design School provides intensive summer courses (taught in English) in Car Design, Interior Design, Photography, and Fashion Design to students from around the globe.
As a school of Italian design, artistic and creative arts we provide a polyhedral environment where students can be full immersed in theoretical and practical activities about the Italian creativity.
Our school is located and shared in an elegant building with the Libera Accademia di Belle Arti ( The Liberal Academy of Fine Arts of Florence).
Located in the heart of Florence, Italy, Web Technology Academy (WTA) is a fast-paced, 4-week study-abroad summer program designed to help students learn the art of eCommerce. All classes are taught in English. WTA offers three main course topics over four intensive weeks; Choosing products and services to sell online, Build your own e-commerce business from start to finish, and Advertising your website and making money online.
At Web Tech Bootcamp, we believe students learn better when they have real world projects and a limited amount of time to complete them. At the end of four weeks, hard-working students will have the knowledge to take the first step toward financial independence through their own eCommerce business.
Topics / modules include:
- Selling on Ebay
- Importing and exporting products
- Inventing and manufacturing your own products
- Social Media for the web
- Internet marketing techniques
- Photo and video production techniques
- Graphics design
- Creating Viral Video Marketing Campaigns
- Crowd Funding
Study art, design or culinary arts abroad in Italy this summer with Accademia Riaci! Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic city of Florence, Accademia Riaci is a leading art and design academy that provides short-term summer art courses, design courses, and culinary art programs.
Course options include Painting, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Shoe Design, Jewelry Making, Interior Design and Ceramics.
Private lessons are also available. In addition, we offer a fully-inclusive summer program, which includes accommodation and cultural excursions.
Summer courses are taught in English or Italian. You have the option to study for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks.
If you attend for 2 weeks or more, you may have the opportunity to earn college credit.
The student-teacher ratio is kept small to maintain the school's policy that values each students' originality and learning styles.
You will receive tailored, hands-on instruction and extensive career development. Training for effective presentation skills are provided in order to develop each learning artist as a whole.
In addition to our summer courses, Accademia Riaci provides short-term spring courses in culinary arts or jewelry-making, year-round short courses (ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks), semester programs, 1-year courses, 2-year diploma program (taught in Italian only) and 1-year master courses.
Intensive Summer Art, Craft & Design Courses Study for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 weeks
- Art History
- Art Management
- Bag Design
- Bag Making
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Design
- Glass Art
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Jewelry Design
- Jewelry Making
- Painting & Drawing
- Product Design
- Shoe Design
- Shoe Making
- Textile Design
- Restoration of Paintings
- Italian Home Cooking
- Italian Language
- Enjoy Italy Course
- English Language
You can combine different courses. Private lessons and intensive courses are also available.
3rd June – 1st September 2020
The School for Curatorial Studies is an ambitious and challenging project promoted since 2004 and conceived as a school committed to experimentation and interdisciplinary thinking. The main goals are to spread the knowledge in the field of visual arts and to introduce the students to the professions related to the art world, focusing on contemporary curatorial theory and practice and contemporary museology. The School’s activities are meant for all those interested and passionate in art, graduated students or professionals who want to deepen their knowledge and improve their practical skills.
The School’s teaching staff is formed by Italian and international professionals, scholars, historians and art critics of recognized experience. Among them: Matt Williams (curator), Filippo Lotti (Sotheby’s), Chiara Barbieri (Peggy Guggenheim Collection), Francesca Colasante (Pinault Collection), Andrea Goffo (Found. Prada), Nicola Lees (Serpentine London).
The Summer School in Curatorial Practice will take place during the International Biennale Venice. With an interdisciplinary approach, the course provides practical training and experience within museums and exhibition settings. Its international faculty includes curators and museum professionals, artists and critics.
Alchimia Contemporary Jewellery School in Florence
Courses / Programs
• Alchimia is a private contemporary jewellery school located in Florence, Tuscany, Italy. We provide a wide range of academic, short-term intensive jewellery courses - including our innovative summer workshops and one-on-one courses in contemporary jewellery.
• We offer short 3-day workshops to a maximum of one week. Summer courses are taught by experienced jewellery design expert.
• Our intensive jewellery courses are an excellent solution for those who have limited time to study and experiment in the area of contemporary jewellery. Available in summer and year-round, these courses are taught on a one-to-one basis.
• Each student is guided individually to ensure that lessons meet their specific need. Two different types of programmes are offered: technical and conceptual.
• Our short-term courses are aimed at beginners, jewellers wishing to learn specific techniques, teachers, professionals and students who want to have new stimulating experiences in a new environment.
• In addition to our short-term courses, we also provide Bachelor's (BFA) degree and Masters (MFA) degree courses in Jewellery Design.
• Study fashion in Milan this summer with Accademia del Lusso! Conveniently situated in the heart of Milan's fashion district, Accademia del Lusso is a leading provider of year-round and summer fashion-related courses. Subjects include Fashion Styling, Fashion Design, and Visual Merchandising.
• We welcome students from around the world to participate in our 6-week courses. You can choose to study in English or Italian. Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 12 students to ensure that everyone gets the individual attention they need.
• Our 4-week fashion courses are designed for those who already work in the fashion industry, and wish to get advanced, specialist training in a specific area. Our courses aim to develop their skills and enhance their professional profile so that they can progress in their career.
• John Cabot University (JCU) is an American institution of higher education in Rome, Italy offering summer study abroad programs to college students from the US and over 60 other countries worldwide.
• Our mission is to provide an educational experience that is both firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation.
• JCU’s summer study abroad program is the premier and most affordable study abroad experience in Rome. There are two summer sessions available, please contact us for information on the exact dates.
• Students can choose from a fascinating range of three-credit courses that will allow you to grow intellectually under the guidance of first-rate international professors who bring the sites, sounds, and culture of Rome into their teaching.
• In addition to courses in Art History and Studio Art, JCU also offers courses in Business Administration, History & Humanities, English Language & Literature, Political & Social Science, and more. Credits from JCU easily transfer, allowing you to stay on track for graduation.
Categories include: • Art History & Studio Art
• Business Administration
• Business, Management, and Marketing
• English Language & Literature
• History & Humanities
• Italian Language and Cultural Studies:
• Mathematics, Natural Science & Computer Science
• Modern Languages & Literature
• Philosophy and Religion
• Political & Social Sciences...