Summer art schools in Italy: Interior design summer course in Italy, classes in photography, fashion design taught in English for international students, Americans, Canadians, UK citizens. Short art courses in Europe, intensive summer art programs abroad.
Florence Design School: Located close to the center of Florence, one of the fashion and design capitals of Europe, Florence Design School provides intensive art and design summer courses taught in English. As a school of Italian artistic and creative arts we provide a polyhedral environment where students from around the globe can be full immersed in theoretical and practical activities.
• Florence Design School was founded as an entrepreneurial project of the founding members of LABA (Liberal Academy of Fine Arts of Florence), a reality in constant and progressive growth for the last fifteen years in Florence.
Our Philosophy: • We offer an amazing experience to our students having an unconventional view of Florence but applied to a specific artistic and creative theme.
• Our lessons are taken inside and outside the institute with visits to companies, factories, institutions, studios and museums of Florence.
Our Goal: • Our goal is to create classes of students to share and transmit Italian knowledge and sensibility in the Visual Arts and Design world.
Intensive Summer Art & Design Courses:
Our basic courses are addressed to students and professionals who have an interest in fashion, design and visual arts world.
- Courses are taught in English. Subjects include:
• Interior Design
• Visual Arts – Drawing & Painting
• Basic Italian language classes are included as part of all courses
State-of-the-Art Facilities: The institute offers high-tech laboratories with professional Imac workstations for 2D and 3D modelling, professional sewing machines for fashion design, a dark room for camera development and printing, a wide room for painting activities, and more.
Study art, design or culinary arts abroad in Italy this summer with Accademia Riaci! Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic city of Florence, Accademia Riaci is a leading art and design academy that provides short-term summer art courses, design courses, and culinary art programs.
Course options include Painting, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Shoe Design, Jewelry Making, Interior Design and Ceramics.
Private lessons are also available. In addition, we offer a fully-inclusive summer program, which includes accommodation and cultural excursions.
Summer courses are taught in English or Italian. You have the option to study for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks.
If you attend for 2 weeks or more, you may have the opportunity to earn college credit.
The student-teacher ratio is kept small to maintain the school's policy that values each students' originality and learning styles.
You will receive tailored, hands-on instruction and extensive career development. Training for effective presentation skills are provided in order to develop each learning artist as a whole.
In addition to our summer courses, Accademia Riaci provides short-term spring courses in culinary arts or jewelry-making, year-round short courses (ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks), semester programs, 1-year courses, 2-year diploma program (taught in Italian only) and 1-year master courses.
Intensive Summer Art, Craft & Design Courses Study for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 weeks
- Art History
- Art Management
- Bag Design
- Bag Making
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Design
- Glass Art
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Jewelry Design
- Jewelry Making
- Painting & Drawing
- Product Design
- Shoe Design
- Shoe Making
- Textile Design
- Restoration of Paintings
- Italian Home Cooking
- Italian Language
- Enjoy Italy Course
- English Language
You can combine different courses. Private lessons and intensive courses are also available.
Located in the heart of the historic city of Florence, The Florence Art Studio provides intensive art programs taught in English to international students from around the world. We offer customized courses that aim to teach the fundamentals of drawing and painting from life.
Choose to study for 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks or longer.
Our programs can be divided into six discrete and sequentially progressive modules, each of which can be studied from one week to one month or longer. Alternatively, each module can be taken as a stand-alone course.
The majority of our students are adult professionals of all backgrounds and levels - from complete beginner to advanced - who are passionate about Florence, Renaissance, Painting and Drawing.
Students work within a structured environment, under the guidance of an instructor who personally monitors their progress and development for three hours a day, and the remaining time is structured with other activity.
The Studio is situated on Via Ghibellina, only a few steps from the main historic and artistic places of interest in the center of the city.
• John Cabot University (JCU) is an American institution of higher education in Rome, Italy offering summer study abroad programs to college students from the US and over 60 other countries worldwide.
• Our mission is to provide an educational experience that is both firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation.
• JCU’s summer study abroad program is the premier and most affordable study abroad experience in Rome. There are two summer sessions available, please contact us for information on the exact dates.
• Students can choose from a fascinating range of three-credit courses that will allow you to grow intellectually under the guidance of first-rate international professors who bring the sites, sounds, and culture of Rome into their teaching.
• In addition to courses in Art History and Studio Art, JCU also offers courses in Business Administration, History & Humanities, English Language & Literature, Political & Social Science, and more. Credits from JCU easily transfer, allowing you to stay on track for graduation.
Categories include: • Art History & Studio Art
• Business Administration
• Business, Management, and Marketing
• English Language & Literature
• History & Humanities
• Italian Language and Cultural Studies:
• Mathematics, Natural Science & Computer Science
• Modern Languages & Literature
• Philosophy and Religion
• Political & Social Sciences...
Located in the heart of Florence, Italy, Web Technology Academy (WTA) is a fast-paced, 4-week study-abroad summer program designed to help students learn the art of eCommerce. All classes are taught in English. WTA offers three main course topics over four intensive weeks; Choosing products and services to sell online, Build your own e-commerce business from start to finish, and Advertising your website and making money online.
At Web Tech Bootcamp, we believe students learn better when they have real world projects and a limited amount of time to complete them. At the end of four weeks, hard-working students will have the knowledge to take the first step toward financial independence through their own eCommerce business.
Topics / modules include:
- Selling on Ebay
- Importing and exporting products
- Inventing and manufacturing your own products
- Social Media for the web
- Internet marketing techniques
- Photo and video production techniques
- Graphics design
- Creating Viral Video Marketing Campaigns
- Crowd Funding
Haute Future Fashion Academy (HFFA) - Summer Courses
Courses / Programs
• Conveniently located in the heart of Milan, Haute Future Fashion Academy (HFFA) provides a range of high-level fashion programs, including short summer courses in design, fashion, communication and marketing.
• Our summer courses are three weeks long and are available to students from around the world. Classes are held in Italian with simultaneous translation into English.
• The summer courses offered by HFFA provide an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in a career in the Fashion and Design fields.
• The courses on offer during the summer period give you the opportunity to have a unique experience in one of the most dynamic cities of Europe and spend a summer in Milan based on creativity.
Based in the historic Colosseum area of Rome, Kappa Language School provides basic beginner to advanced level Italian language courses to students and professionals from around the world.
We offer summer Italian courses, a specialized spring program, year-round general Italian courses, intensive courses, PLIDA Italian language certification classes, private Italian lessons. A Homestay option with an Italian family is also available as part of your studies.
Kappa is a member of the Dante Alighieri Society network, and was created to promote Italian language and culture among international students, expats and professionals in Rome. In addition to our language courses, we also arrange cultural events and guided tours of the city.
Kappa Language School is a Certified Learning Center of Dante Alighieri, meeting quality standards in teaching Italian as a foreign language, recognized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and authorized to issue certificates and host exam sessions.
Basic Beginner to Advanced Italian Language Courses:
- Summer Italian courses
- General / Regular Italian course (A1-B2 level)
- Intensive Italian course
- Super-intensive Italian classes
- Advanced Italian courses (3-months)
- One-on-One / Private tutoring
- "Spring Break" course
- PLIDA (Dante Alighieri Italian Language Project) Certificate Course (exam preparation)
- Combine your course with a Homestay with an Italian family