Digital Film Academy, Manhattan:
Digital Film Academy (DFA) is a New York state-licensed school that specializes in digital filmmaking and media education. Conveniently located just one block from the world famous Times Square entertainment district in Manhattan, DFA provides the training and skills that are vital for the independent filmmaker. We provide hands-on digital filmmaking certificate programs and workshops that are taught by experienced industry professionals in a progressive, challenging, and supportive small class environment. With unlimited lab time and a membership to the facility upon graduation, DFA provides the student with the creative learning environment needed to become a truly independent filmmaker.
DFA is the only film school in New York that specializes in 100% digital film and media education. Why is that important? Because unlike other film schools, DFA puts all of its resources and focus into digital film and media programs. If you are interested in digital film or media training, Digital Film Academy is the place to be.
DFA leads the way in digital film education – often copied, but never equaled! The ongoing digital evolution in the entertainment industry has dramatically changed the course of filmmaking by reducing the cost of production. The independent filmmaker can now write, shoot, and edit a film digitally without relinquishing hands-on control.
This welcome development in the filmmaking process absolutely necessitates that the student master the craft of visual storytelling and the many technical skills required to fully realize his or her creative vision and become an essential member of any production. In short: the technology has arrived – the skilled people have not. Until now…
Our digital filmmaking programs and workshops are a harmonious blend of instruction, hands-on labs, review and feedback from faculty and DFA staff, and direct production experience that puts your skills to the test and makes everything you learn come together. Our instructors are both educators and working professionals in the film industry. Students have ample opportunities to work with equipment and to advance their skills by completing digital film projects. Only DFA has unlimited use of equipment and edit/computer labs during courses.
Digital Filmmaking Programs:
- One-Year Digital Filmmaking Certificate
- One-Year Advanced Digital Filmmaking Certificate
- 12-Week Digital Filmmaking Workshop
DFA’s mission is to provide state-of-the-industry higher education and advanced training in digital film and media to prepare students for career entry or advancement in their chosen occupations.To achieve this mission, DFA operates by following these objectives:
- Offer professional certificate programs to U.S. citizens and international students within the context of a well-designed framework of digital media arts and design.
- Prepare students with the educational foundation for advanced study.
- Offer programs including both theoretical and practical components, as appropriate, to prepare graduates to advance in their chosen careers.
- Continue to update and improve curricula of existing programs and courses to reflect changes and improvements in technology and the industry to properly prepare students for careers in the digital media industry.
- Provide an educational environment that imparts the attitudes and skills that will enable students to continue learning throughout their lives and career.
- Maintain a presence in and support the local and global film and media community and industry.
- Provide post-graduate support of students’ professional projects and career efforts.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 9th ave between 44th and 45th, Manhattan, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.