NorthTec is a New Zealand Government (ITP) owned Institute of Technology. NorthTec is the Northland region's largest provider of tertiary education, with campuses and learning centres in Whangarei city and Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands, and Learning Centres in Rawene, Dargaville, Kaikohe and our northernmost site in Kaitaia. Our courses are available to New Zealand and international students. NorthTec is the only tertiary institute in the Northland region that provides programmes ranging from foundation, certificate, diploma and degree levels in fields including business, management, hospitality, nursing, fashion design among many others.
Each year NorthTec welcomes over 200 international students from more than 30 countries. Future business people, chefs, artists, designers, ecologists, nurses and engineers learn alongside each other in classrooms, video conferences, online, in lecture theatres and in practical workshops and clinical placements. Education at NorthTec is challenging, varied and exciting.
We invite you to join NorthTec’s diverse learning community, where you will find a warm and welcoming environment, highly qualified and committed staff, stimulating and practical programmes, and relevant, employment-focussed qualifications to take you into your chosen career.
Quality Career Education:
We offer our students high quality and industry-focused education, with flexible learning options and a personalised classroom approach. NorthTec’s expert academic staff come from around the world where many have taught in Institutes of Technology and Universities. They are warmly welcoming of international students and passionate about teaching. Many of NorthTec’s staff have international reputations in their fields.
Although 17,000 students studied at NorthTec in 2010, class sizes remain small and there is greater interaction with the lecturers. In the case of hospitality, NorthTec assigns 2 students to 1 stove. In the English Language class, the maximum class size is 12 students.
- Architectural Technology
- Automotive Engineering
- Digital Media
- Beauty Therapy
- Fashion Design
- Social Sciences
- Tourism and Travel
- Be recognised in and beyond our region as a leading tertiary education provider.
- Anticipate and meet changing career and community education needs.
- Encourage and increase participation in tertiary learning by reducing barriers or barriers to access.
- Encourage and facilitate regional economic and community development including co-operation in applied research, innovation and knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate quality provision by national and international benchmarking key success factors.
- Achieve a sound financial platform for effective educational delivery.
- Expand the range of commercial activity to support the institute’s core educational purpose.
- Advance educational opportunity for Māori, respecting the intent of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Cooperate with Pacific and other communities nationally and internationally to assist them to meet their educational needs.
- Underpin the institute’s goals by providing for the development of staff and by operating as a good employer.
Whangarei, known as "cherished harbour" in Maori, is Northland's largest city with a population of over 50,000. Whangarei’s deep water harbour supports three ports. Industry thrives in this commercial centre located just two hours by road to Auckland or 30 minutes by air. Beautiful beaches within a 30-minute drive of the city include the sparkling white sands of Bream Bay and the world-famous Tutukaka coast.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 55 Raumanga Valley Road, Whangarei, New Zealand|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.