Tourism-related career training colleges in Canada: Private post-secondary school/ tourism college in BC near Alberta border, Calgary & Edmonton offering certificate programs in adventure tourism, management, tourism administration, business management training.
Valemount College: Valemount College is a private institution accredited by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education. We offer full-time certificate programs, with top-quality instructors and program content. Program lengths range from 16 weeks to 8 months. Students are welcomed with unique, flexible, and interactive programs taught by highly qualified instructors.
Email:Contact us below
We offer a friendly alternative to the impersonal world of large, urban post-secondary education institutions. Our focus is on providing our students with high quality programs, personalized customer service and with facilitating an unforgettable, memorable post-secondary experience. You will be able to meet all of your educational goals while attending our quality programs and receiving superior customer service. Your learning needs are our priority, and we are here to answer all of your questions.
Courses / Programs:
We offer over 50 courses in our Accredited Certificate programs in the Tourism, Business, Mountain Adventure, and First Nations fields:
Mountain Adventure Tourism
Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
First Nations Cultural Tourism
Located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Holland College is a career training institution that provides a wide range of certificate & diploma level academic programs. The college welcomes more than 2,300 full-time and 9,000 part-time students in 13 locations across the Island, studying in the fields of business, communication, health, law enforcement, tourism, trades, and technology.
At Holland College, we believe that you will get the most out of your college experience if you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities outside of class. Whether you are graduating from high school, transferring from another post-secondary institution, want to up-grade your skills or plan to make a career change, Holland College has more than 65 full-time career training programs to help you reach your goals.
When our students were asked why they chose Holland College for their career training, their top three answers were: employment opportunities; the college offered their program of choice; and the college's emphasis on skills oriented training.
- Applied Science And Engineering Technology
- Business Studies
- Adult Education
- Computer Studies
- Health And Community Studies
- Media And Communications
- School Of Performing Arts
- Sport And Leisure
- Tourism Programs
- Trades And Industrial Technology
UMS Healthcare College is a Private Career College (PCC) associated with the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC). Located in the Glen Park area of the North York district, just 10 minutes from Downtown Toronto, UMS provides a dedicated Personal Support Worker (PSW) program.
The PSW program offered at our campus is designed to fast-track you into a new career, with co-op and field placements to give you real world experience. Classes are taught by experienced, caring instructors who are specialists in their field and are committed to teaching students the skills that are in demand in today’s job market.
Our class sizes are small to ensure that each student get the highest quality learning environment and superior training.
Our campus is equipped with the most modern equipment, including new computers, servers, network devices and the latest, most relevant computer software.
The Canadian College (which is located in the heart of Vancouver) offers several internationaly recognized Certificates and Diplomas in Business Management and Hospitality Operations. International students can receive paid work in Canada by taking the Hospitality Operations Diploma Co-op or the Business Management Diploma Co-op.
Canadian College is conveniently located within one block of Robson Street, Bus/Skytrain Station, 7-11, Major Banks etc. It has unique and renovated classrooms, with a capacity of 300 students in total. Classrooms are located on the 2nd floor and offices on the 4th floor. Students can enjoy the large rooftop garden on the 5th floor.
There are various accommodation options available to our students, including homestay accommodation with a local host family or student residence. Canadian College has an in-house full-time homestay & accommodation coordinator.
• Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies is a Ministry-approved career college that specializes in the online training and professional development of Authorized Court Transcriptionists (ACT), and Digital Legal Monitors.
• We provide a 14-week online Court Transcription certification program as well as a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for home-study students living in Canada.
• We offer our students the rare opportunity to achieve a qualification that allows you to work in the middle of the action of the legal profession without a law degree!
Court Transcription course:
• All classes are delivered by a professional transcriptionist who has worked for several years as an educator, a court reporter for the Ontario courts, and an ACT.
• We provide students with a comprehensive education in court transcript production, and ensure that they are fully equipped to produce accurate, reliable transcripts of legal proceedings.
• Graduates meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and are eligible to register and become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT).
Digital Legal Monitor course: • A digital monitor is also responsible for all of the duties of a court reporter, including marking exhibits, swearing in witnesses, and providing playbacks.
• Students will have access to the course for 4 months. Students can sit the final exam at any time.
Academy of Learning, located in Nanaimo (55 km west of Vancouver), BC, Canada, is a career and business training school offering diploma and certificate programs in Accounting, Business, Customer Service, Healthcare, Home Inspection, Hospitality, Information Technology, Office Administration and Web Design. Our programs are designed to prepare graduates with the skills to excel in their chosen careers. In today’s business world, where quality training is not only important but essential to career success, Academy of Learning stands out as a training provider relied on by students, employers and government agencies. No other private post-secondary college can match the variety of programs that Academy of Learning offers.