Art schools in Canada: Design schools in Toronto, Ontario colleges of design, graphic design courses, interior design, fashion, makeup training, visual arts, film schools, music production/ recording arts colleges in Vancouver BC, Toronto ON area. Academias de arte, academias de cine en Canada, cursos de sonido..
1.Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD)
Courses / Programs
The Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic college of creative applied arts. Our small, intimate campus is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC, near major bus routes and steps away from the Skytrain.
VCAD offers a range of Art and Design diploma programs in fields including fashion, graphic design, interior design, and animation. Our Applied Arts curriculum has been developed to ensure that our graduates are successful in meeting the employment requirements of these industries.
By the end of their studies, graduates will have developed the expertise needed to create a professional portfolio that showcases their creativity and talent while displaying the skill set that employers look for.
VCAD maintains close ties with the fashion, graphic design and video gaming industries to continually assess our curriculum and gain insight about industry needs.
Note: Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
- 3D Modelling, Animation Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Art & Design
- Game Development and Design
- Mobile Game Development and Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion
At GLOW Academy in Mississauga, Toronto, and Kitchener, Ontario, we provide professional training in Makeup Artistry, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, and all areas of Aesthetics, including: Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Nails, Facials, Peels, Brow/Lash Tinting, Massage and Microdermabrasion.
Specialized makeup programs are also offered in Bridal, Fashion, TV/SFX and Fantasy makeup. We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
This allows our students to graduate with a resume full of experience and a complete portfolio book of their actual work as they embark on their career path.
Aesthetic students also have the opportunity to be scheduled into working at our “Beauty Lounge” to further hone their skill sets and confidence by servicing the general public.
Student Testimonial: "The teachers are great, very helpful and understanding. The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals.
I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
- Samantha T, Hamilton, ON
• Conveniently situated in south downtown Winnipeg MB, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art is a private beauty school that provides high-quality makeup classes and professional makeup artist certification programs.
• Due to high demand, Sheriff Professional provides makeup classes in a range of locations throughout Canada through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps.
• Our mobile makeup classes are available in Brandon and Thompson MB; Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge in Alberta; Victoria in BC; Regina, Saskatoon, Yorkton in Saskatchewan; Montreal in Quebec; Fredericton in New Brunswick; Halifax in Nova Scotia; & Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island.
• We also offer mobile makeup lessons in the following cities in Ontario: Toronto: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON.
• Taught by highly-experienced instructors, our makeup bootcamps aim to mould a novice student into a professional makeup artist.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along job opportunities to our graduates. Graduates are offered work experience (and occasionally paid employment) in our cosmetics retail stores.
• "After researching various makeup programs, I decided to attend Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Winnipeg MB. It was a wise choice that assisted me in gaining my dream career right after graduating the program. My portfolio assisted me in standing out from my competition.." Sandra
4.Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art, Toronto
Courses / Programs
• Whether you want to take the first step towards an exciting new career as a professional makeup artist, or want to learn new makeup skills for personal use, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Toronto may be the perfect solution for you!
• Through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps, Sheriff Professional provides makeup artist bootcamps and private makeup classes in Toronto.
• Our mobile makeup classes are also available in the following cities in the Greater Toronto Area: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON. They are also offered in several other cities throughout Canada.
• Our flagship makeup school is situated in downtown Winnipeg MB.
• Suitable for complete beginners or beauty industry professionals who wish to offer additional services to their clients, our beauty and makeup workshops are taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
• Class sizes are kept small, and there is an emphasis on hands-on experience.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along employment opportunities to our graduates.
• "This class was well worth every cent. I landed my job doing what I love to do - makeup. I would not have gotten the foot in if I did not show up prepared with my portfolio and new skills. Thanks to all the instructors and staff at Sheriff Professional." Cindy
Located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, The Media Unit of Holland College offers full-time Certificate & Diploma programs in media & creative disciplines such as Journalism, Photography & Digital Imaging, Graphic Design, Video Game Animation, and Fundamental Arts. With programs for students of all backgrounds and tastes, Holland College's reputation as a leader in hands-on, skills-based training is putting our graduates to work all over the world.
At Holland College, we believe that you will get the most out of your college experience if you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities outside of class. When our students were asked why they chose Holland College for their career training, their top three answers were: employment opportunities; the college offered their program of choice; and the college's emphasis on skills oriented training.
The School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa's mission is to furnish the resources, environment, tools and instruction to develop the students' signature style, hone their photographic skills, and cultivate their visual literacy.
7.The Candle Academy - Online Candle Making Courses
Courses / Programs
• With The Candle Academy, a leading candle making training provider, you can now learn to make beautiful candles from the comfort of your own home or studio in Canada or around the world.
• Taught by Gary Simmons from the UK - one of the top candle designers in the world - our distance learning candle making courses will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby.
• Offered through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, and consultation with your instructor via Skype, our courses are for complete Beginners to Advanced level artists and design professionals.
• Gary Simmons also teaches on-site candle making courses at his school in Koh Samui, Thailand.
• Our unique and intensive distance learning candle making courses follow the same techniques and training methods as our face-to-face programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in person.
• Our comprehensive courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a profit and livelihood from this special profession.
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"It has been a privilege to learn from a master."
- Sam, Israel
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candle making could be so exciting and challenging the course is full of information and helpful tips."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Max the Mutt Animation School provides an environment in which students are encouraged to work hard to achieve their full potential. Max the Mutt Animation School guarantees small class size with serious individual instruction by highly qualified instructors who are working professionals in their fields. We offer a wide range of Certificate, Diploma, and Professional Workshops in a variety of Animation fields.
We believe in giving our students a solid, well-rounded education, and the encouragement to help them develop as artists. At the same time, we expect students to conduct themselves in a professional manner, which includes the ability to take direction, meet deadlines, work with each other, and fulfill responsibilities. The development of good work habits is important in preparing for a successful career in animation, concept design, advertising, graphic design, art direction, comic books and graphic novels.
9.Complections College of Makeup Art & Design (C|MU), Toronto
Courses / Programs
Complections College of Makeup Art and Design (C|MU) creates the new faces of the global entertainment and fashion industry. Based in the heart of Downtown Toronto, we are a private career college, unique within Canada, that offers highly specialized courses in make-up artistry for film, theatre, television and fashion.
C|MU is an industry leader, influencing the direction of make-up artistry worldwide through the accomplishments of our graduates and the notable activities of our instructors and staff.
Attracting students from across the country and around the world, C|MU is the only makeup school that offers courses in all seven disciplines of makeup artistry. Specialized areas of study include character and special makeup effects, creature design and prosthetics, theatrical makeup design, and fashion photographic makeup. C|MU is committed to providing unparalleled training for the next generation of makeup artists worldwide.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2018-12-14 were from viewers in:
Bradford West Gwillimbury;
You are here: School & College Search> Art & Design Schools in Canada> Art schools in Vancouver BC, Toronto, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec, audio engineering programs, culinary schools, makeup/ beauty career training..