Art schools in Canada: Design schools in Toronto, Ontario colleges of design, graphic design courses, interior design, fashion, makeup training, visual arts, film schools, music production/ recording arts colleges in Vancouver BC, Toronto ON area. Academias de arte, academias de cine en Canada, cursos de sonido..
1.Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD)
Courses / Programs
The Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic college of creative applied arts. Our small, intimate campus is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC, near major bus routes and steps away from the Skytrain.
VCAD offers a range of Art and Design diploma programs in fields including fashion, graphic design, interior design, and animation. Our Applied Arts curriculum has been developed to ensure that our graduates are successful in meeting the employment requirements of these industries.
By the end of their studies, graduates will have developed the expertise needed to create a professional portfolio that showcases their creativity and talent while displaying the skill set that employers look for.
VCAD maintains close ties with the fashion, graphic design and video gaming industries to continually assess our curriculum and gain insight about industry needs.
Note: Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
- 3D Modelling, Animation Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Art & Design
- Game Development and Design
- Mobile Game Development and Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion
At GLOW Academy in Mississauga, Toronto, and Kitchener, Ontario, we provide professional training in Makeup Artistry, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, and all areas of Aesthetics, including: Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Nails, Facials, Peels, Brow/Lash Tinting, Massage and Microdermabrasion.
Specialized makeup programs are also offered in Bridal, Fashion, TV/SFX and Fantasy makeup. We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
This allows our students to graduate with a resume full of experience and a complete portfolio book of their actual work as they embark on their career path.
Aesthetic students also have the opportunity to be scheduled into working at our “Beauty Lounge” to further hone their skill sets and confidence by servicing the general public.
Student Testimonial: "The teachers are great, very helpful and understanding. The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals.
I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
- Samantha T, Hamilton, ON
• Conveniently situated in south downtown Winnipeg MB, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art is a private beauty school that provides high-quality makeup classes and professional makeup artist certification programs.
• Due to high demand, Sheriff Professional provides makeup classes in a range of locations throughout Canada through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps.
• Our mobile makeup classes are available in Brandon and Thompson MB; Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge in Alberta; Victoria in BC; Regina, Saskatoon, Yorkton in Saskatchewan; Montreal in Quebec; Fredericton in New Brunswick; Halifax in Nova Scotia; & Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island.
• We also offer mobile makeup lessons in the following cities in Ontario: Toronto: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON.
• Taught by highly-experienced instructors, our makeup bootcamps aim to mould a novice student into a professional makeup artist.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along job opportunities to our graduates. Graduates are offered work experience (and occasionally paid employment) in our cosmetics retail stores.
• "After researching various makeup programs, I decided to attend Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Winnipeg MB. It was a wise choice that assisted me in gaining my dream career right after graduating the program. My portfolio assisted me in standing out from my competition.." Sandra
4.Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art, Toronto
Courses / Programs
• Whether you want to take the first step towards an exciting new career as a professional makeup artist, or want to learn new makeup skills for personal use, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Toronto may be the perfect solution for you!
• Through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps, Sheriff Professional provides makeup artist certification, a range of beauty workshops, and private makeup classes in Toronto.
• Our mobile makeup classes are also available in the following cities in the Greater Toronto Area: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON. They are also offered in several other cities throughout Canada.
• Our flagship makeup school is situated in downtown Winnipeg MB.
• Suitable for complete beginners or beauty industry professionals who wish to offer additional services to their clients, our beauty and makeup workshops are taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
• Class sizes are kept small, and there is an emphasis on hands-on experience.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along employment opportunities to our graduates.
• "This class was well worth every cent. I landed my job doing what I love to do - makeup. I would not have gotten the foot in if I did not show up prepared with my portfolio and new skills. Thanks to all the instructors and staff at Sheriff Professional." Cindy
Located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, The Media Unit of Holland College offers full-time Certificate & Diploma programs in media & creative disciplines such as Journalism, Photography & Digital Imaging, Graphic Design, Video Game Animation, and Fundamental Arts. With programs for students of all backgrounds and tastes, Holland College's reputation as a leader in hands-on, skills-based training is putting our graduates to work all over the world.
At Holland College, we believe that you will get the most out of your college experience if you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities outside of class. When our students were asked why they chose Holland College for their career training, their top three answers were: employment opportunities; the college offered their program of choice; and the college's emphasis on skills oriented training.
6.Vicki Millar - Private Makeup Lessons, Toronto & GTA area
Courses / Programs
A multiple award-winning makeup artist, Vicki Millar provides private makeup lessons to new and established makeup artists across Toronto and the GTA / York region, including Vaughan, Markham, Newmarket, Aurora, and Richmond Hill. In addition, Vicki offers lessons in Barrie and Orillia.
Conducted in the comfort of your own home or venue of your choice, lessons are comprehensive, current and always fun.
They are designed to provide quality, up to date, and professional advice available on the market today. Each lesson is approximately 2 hours in length.
Serving the Greater Toronto Area, Vicki is a certified professional makeup artist and hair stylist with vast experience. She qualified in hair styling with The Wella Studio in London UK, and graduated from one of Europe’s most prestigious makeup schools.
Her unique combination of creative artistic talent and a strong business background make her much sought after in Toronto’s competitive fashion and bridal industry.
She is an award-winning wedding makeup artist and hair stylist, and her work can be seen in numerous fashion and bridal publications.
Private makeup lessons for aspiring & experienced makeup artists:
- Private Airbrush Makeup Lesson
- The Basics of the Makeup Business
- Enter The Bridal Market Quickly and Effectively
Private makeup lessons for individuals:
- The Complete Makeup Lesson
- The Flawless Face
- Teen Makeup Lessons
- Makeup Lesson for Mature Women
- All About The Eyes
- Get Your Sexy Back
- Advanced Makeup Lesson
- Bridal Makeup Lesson
- Corporate Makeup Lessons for Business Women
Founded in 1968, Capilano University's main campus is in North Vancouver, nestled in a natural environment on the slopes of the North Shore and only a 20-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The beauty of the campus and the quality of education attract students from around the world. Capilano University welcomes international students from more than 60 countries each year. Capilano University provides a solid academic foundation and is committed to developing new and innovative programs in response to market demand. The Illustration/Design: Elements and Applications (IDEA) program is a unique three-year diploma program that prepares students for employment as visual communicators. IDEA teaches students how to think conceptually and to apply traditional and digital tools to solve communication challenges using both disciplines in an integrated way. IDEA is also different because instructors are working professionals, bringing current experience into the classroom.
3 year diploma program: Illustration/Design: Elements and Applications (IDEA). If you have artistic talent or a sense of design, the IDEA program may be for you. The curriculum addresses applied development in both design and illustration skills supported by a strong theoretical foundation. This dual training makes IDEA very different from other programs and gives graduates a definite edge in career building.
Nimbus School of Recording Arts Ltd is a music and recording industry training school in downtown Vancouver BC in Canada. We offer a range of 8 and 12-month Certificate and Diploma programs in courses such as Music Business, Advanced Music Production, and Beats & Urban Music Production among others. Our students are taught in classes of six students to ensure individual attention and hands-on instruction. They are mentored by world class music producers and engineers and taught using our practical, proven & accredited curriculum.
Students will benefit from hands-on experience with Solid State Logic consoles (we are the only school in Western Canada with SSL Consoles), Studer analog multitracks, ProTools HD digital workstations and a vast selection of processors, mics, amps, vintage keys and guitars. Students have access to our facilities 24 / 7!
Our courses start in January, May and September. You must be over 19 years of age or a high school graduate to apply. Nimbus School of Recording Arts holds accreditation by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of BC, British Columbia Education Quality Assurance and Avid.
LaSalle College Vancouver is located in British Columbia on the west coast of Canada. It is a world class institution providing Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising Diploma Programs, and offers a unique educational experience for students. We provide a supportive, nurturing learning environment with industry experienced instructors, and our small class sizes enhance learning opportunities and provide extensive student / instructor interaction.
At our fashion institution, we aim to maximise the creative force of each student and prepare each individual to meet the needs of the industry, and we provide the knowledge and resources to stimulate learning and fully develop talent. We also aim to provide our students with training to assist them to acquire the skills and techniques required in today's design industry.
We are fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of British Columbia. This designation gives assurance to students that high standards are met with regard to training facilities, instructor qualifications, curriculum, assessment processes and general operations.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2018-05-25 were from viewers in:
You are here: School & College Search> Art & Design Schools in Canada> Art schools in Vancouver BC, Toronto, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec, audio engineering programs, culinary schools, makeup/ beauty career training..