1.Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art, Toronto
Courses / Programs
• Whether you want to take the first step towards an exciting new career as a professional makeup artist, or want to learn new makeup skills for personal use, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Toronto may be the perfect solution for you!
• Through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps, Sheriff Professional provides makeup artist bootcamps and private makeup classes in Toronto.
• Our mobile makeup classes are also available in the following cities in the Greater Toronto Area: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON. They are also offered in several other cities throughout Canada.
• Our flagship makeup school is situated in downtown Winnipeg MB.
• Suitable for complete beginners or beauty industry professionals who wish to offer additional services to their clients, our beauty and makeup workshops are taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
• Class sizes are kept small, and there is an emphasis on hands-on experience.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along employment opportunities to our graduates.
• "This class was well worth every cent. I landed my job doing what I love to do - makeup. I would not have gotten the foot in if I did not show up prepared with my portfolio and new skills. Thanks to all the instructors and staff at Sheriff Professional." Cindy
With four convenient locations across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Arthur Murray Dance Studio is your premier dance studio in Toronto, ON. Our locations include Kingsway, Yorkville, North York and Woodbridge. Our dance school operates under the famous and reputable Arthur Murray franchise, the world’s largest dance instruction organization. We've taught Latin & ballroom dance lessons in Toronto to over 100,000 students since 1952.
If you’ve been thinking about dance lessons, but are nervous or intimidated, don’t be. We offer dance lessons to students of all skill levels. We'll work with you to create a personalized program of private lessons & group classes to help you learn what you want, and at your own pace.
Take advantage of our proven 3-way system that includes private classes, group dance classes, and practice sessions. Together, these elements target these areas: knowledge, repetition, and application. Our dance classes have helped thousands of people from all walks of life become confident on the dance floor.
Our studios are staffed with friendly dance teachers who are highly trained professionals striving to make your dance lessons as much fun & as enriching as possible.
3.The Candle Academy - Online Candle Making Courses
Courses / Programs
• With The Candle Academy, a leading candle making training provider, you can now learn to make beautiful candles from the comfort of your own home or studio in Canada or around the world.
• Taught by Gary Simmons from the UK - one of the top candle designers in the world - our distance learning candle making courses will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby.
• Offered through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, and consultation with your instructor via Skype, our courses are for complete Beginners to Advanced level artists and design professionals.
• Gary Simmons also teaches on-site candle making courses at his school in Koh Samui, Thailand.
• Our unique and intensive distance learning candle making courses follow the same techniques and training methods as our face-to-face programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in person.
• Our comprehensive courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a profit and livelihood from this special profession.
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"It has been a privilege to learn from a master."
- Sam, Israel
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candle making could be so exciting and challenging the course is full of information and helpful tips."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Founded in 2009, Leonardo College of Design is a career training school in Toronto, Ontario that specializes in Design and Technology. Registered as a Private Career College under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, we provide two full-time diploma courses in CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Web Design & Development. In addition, we offer a variety of part-time courses on evenings and weekends. We welcome local students and international students from around the world.
Taught by highly-qualified instructors, our programs match industry’s trends and needs. We focus on hands-on learning, and emphasize Eco-design concepts. We offer Job Search Assistance/Placement to all our graduates. Successful completion of our programs will highly increase the chance of employment in fields such as Industrial Design, Web Design and Web Development, Mechanical Design, and Architectural Design.
We keep our classes small and 100% instructor-led. We ensure that all of our equipment and software is up-to-date. Leonardo College of Design is a WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board)-approved provider and are HRSDC (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada) certified. We are conveniently located just minutes from Hwy 401, with a bus stop right outside our door and free parking all day.
Alchemy Center is Toronto's top multi-disciplinary makeup studio and academy. We offer make-up artist training courses and workshops and workshops which include airbrushing, henna and hair styling. We also provide custom make-up classes for both beginner to advanced students and everyone in between. Day, evening and weekend classes are available to suit your busy schedule. On-going support is also available to all students to ensure that they maintain their learning momentum.
If you are interested in learning the art of makeup and airbrushing, the knowledgeable and passionate instructors at Alchemy Center will make your learning easy, informative and enjoyable. Instead of large groups, where the entire class moves along at the speed of the slowest learner, private or small group lessons ensure that you receive with the instruction and information you need. You won’t have to waste time and money learning things you are not interested in and have no intention of doing. In a one-on-one setting, all the attention is on one thing - you.
Alchemy Center is conveniently located in west Toronto, Ontario and is easily accessible by public transport.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Max the Mutt Animation School provides an environment in which students are encouraged to work hard to achieve their full potential. Max the Mutt Animation School guarantees small class size with serious individual instruction by highly qualified instructors who are working professionals in their fields. We offer a wide range of Certificate, Diploma, and Professional Workshops in a variety of Animation fields.
We believe in giving our students a solid, well-rounded education, and the encouragement to help them develop as artists. At the same time, we expect students to conduct themselves in a professional manner, which includes the ability to take direction, meet deadlines, work with each other, and fulfill responsibilities. The development of good work habits is important in preparing for a successful career in animation, concept design, advertising, graphic design, art direction, comic books and graphic novels.
Located in downtown Toronto, Canada, The School of Professional Makeup provides comprehensive training in special effects, prosthetics, bridal, fashion, TV & Film makeup.
The job opportunities in this profession are endless. Bridal and fashion makeup, spa, film, television, and stage are areas one might specialize in or embrace them all to keep life interesting.
The School of Pro Makeup is registered and approved by the Ministry of Education and Training. Our instructors are professional makeup artists currently working in the industry. Our training is savvy and our intention is clear: we take great interest in our student's success. Come on board with a private makeup school that truly cares.
L'ambiance Dance Centre is a dance school in Thornhill in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. Voted Best of the Best Dance School in Toronto for 6 years, we are conveniently located to serve North York, Vaughan, Richmond Hill and GTA. Our professional dance instructors teach Ballrooom dancing and Latin dance to students who want to learn for fun, fitness, or for special occasions such as weddings, corporate events or holidays.
We teach adults, teenagers and kids in private lessons or interactive group classes. You can choose from Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Salsa, Merengue, Waltz, Tango, Cha Cha, Hustle, Belly Dance and DanceSport. The teachers at L'ambiance Dance Centre are fully certified in both International Style Standard and Latin as well as American style (social) Smooth and Rhythm.
With many years of competitive and social dance experience, our teachers are capable of teaching anyone, at any level, to dance for all occasions. Our teachers are dynamic, outgoing, knowledgeable, competent, attentive, patient and caring. With over 45 years of combined experience, L'ambiance Dance Centre's professional teachers will have you dancing in minutes!
10.Complections College of Makeup Art & Design (C|MU), Toronto
Courses / Programs
Complections College of Makeup Art and Design (C|MU) creates the new faces of the global entertainment and fashion industry. Based in the heart of Downtown Toronto, we are a private career college, unique within Canada, that offers highly specialized courses in make-up artistry for film, theatre, television and fashion.
C|MU is an industry leader, influencing the direction of make-up artistry worldwide through the accomplishments of our graduates and the notable activities of our instructors and staff.
Attracting students from across the country and around the world, C|MU is the only makeup school that offers courses in all seven disciplines of makeup artistry. Specialized areas of study include character and special makeup effects, creature design and prosthetics, theatrical makeup design, and fashion photographic makeup. C|MU is committed to providing unparalleled training for the next generation of makeup artists worldwide.