Boarding schools in Canada: Co-ed boarding school in Vancouver Island for boys & girls. University prep programs for middle school & high school students, private residential education north of Victoria BC..
Shawnigan Lake School: Shawnigan Lake School is a world-class, co-ed boarding school that offers advanced placement courses. Our rural setting, north of Victoria, BC, on Vancouver Island, provides an idyllic location for a learning community of grades 8 - 12 designed to discover and develop the confidence and talents of every student.
Shawnigan delivers a challenging university-preparatory program that sees all of its grads offered a place at the university or college of their choice. Of particular interest is the number of our grads accepted at top universities and colleges all over North America, such as Harvard, Cambridge, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, McGill, Queen's and the University of Toronto.
The Shawnigan Lake School campus sits on nearly 300 acres of land. Our grounds have been described as among the most beautiful school campuses in the world.
Over the past decade, we have added a number of facilities to match our renowned gardens and grounds. Core facilities include 5 playing fields, 4 tennis courts, gym, 2 squash courts, rock climbing wall, weight and exercise room, Rugby Pavilion and Boat House.
There are 5 boys' houses and 4 girls' houses, a chapel, assembly hall, hobbies building with photo lab, art studio, pottery room, woodwork shop, yearbook centre and 3 computer labs.
School / Office Address:Shawnigan Lake
Located on a stunning 315-acre campus on the shore of Lake Katchewanooka in rural Ontario, Canada, Lakefield College School (LCS) is a co-educational boarding and day school offering grades 9 to 12 to a global community of engaged and active students. Inside and outside the classroom, you will discover that rigorous academics, challenging athletics, and inspiring co-curricular arts are more than just lessons. They are experiences developed by dedicated teachers who believe in education of the whole person.
For a majority of LCS students, the school is their home-away-from-home. Our program runs seven days a week, balancing academics, co-curricular arts and athletics, with recreation and social events. Structure is provided through the academic day, regular evening study hours, Saturday morning classes, and established boarding house routines ; but students have ample opportunity to participate in a variety of activities in a relaxed and fun-filled environment.
At LCS, you will prepare for university, discover your potential, live with friends from around the world and enjoy the best days of your life.
Co-ed Boarding & Day Programs for High School Students - Grades 9-12:
Core subjects include:
- French as a Second Language
- Canadian History
- Canadian Geography
- The Arts
- Physical and Health Education
- Career Studies
Canadian Independent College (CIC) is a co-educational, university-preparatory college and boarding school in Ontario, Canada, providing a caring and inclusive learning environment for students in Grades 9-12. CIC represents excellence in preparing students for entrance into Universities and Colleges throughout the world. We emphasize the development of each student to his or her potential in terms of intellectual, ethical, physical, and social qualities.
Our well-qualified staff and administration are committed to academic excellence. In addition, students are assisted to balance academic, extracurricular and social pursuits within a disciplined and nurturing environment. Our vision is that each student will succeed in global multi-dimensional, multicultural competition at universities and colleges around the world.
Canadian Independent College is located in the Waterloo region, just five minutes drive to the University of Waterloo and Sir Wilfred Laurier University. The College is also located near the University of Guelph, Universities in Toronto, McMaster University, the University of Western Ontario and many more. The closest cities are Kitchener and Waterloo and Pearson International Airport is an hour's drive to the school.
Co-educational Secondary School Boarding Programs:
- High School (Grades 9 -12)
- Pre-University (English & French Programs)
- University Transfer Programs
- Advanced Placement Courses (AP)
- Summer Camps (under 17 years of age)
- Winter Camps
- Exchange Student program
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Courses
- French Bilingual Classes
NSL Mondial, International Boarding School Program in Ontario
Courses / Programs
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
Located just 15 minutes south-west of Downtown Vancouver BC, St. George's School is a world class university preparatory school for boys, with day options for Grades 1-12, and boarding for Grades 8-12.
With 1150 students, 120 of whom are boarders from over 18 countries worldwide, St. George's School has achieved international prominence as one of the top day and boarding institutions in Vancouver.
Our mission is to inspire our students to become fine young men who will shape positive futures for themselves, their families, and the global community.
Since 1930, we have provided our students with a challenging and supportive environment within which to discover and grow their own unique “seeds of destiny.”
Located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Branksome Hall is a leading independent day and boarding school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12, with a Residence Program for students in Grades 8-12.. Established in 1903, we are an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and our curriculum also meets and exceeds the requirements of the Province of Ontario. Graduates receive both the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and the IB Diploma.
Boarding takes place in a caring environment for girls in Grades 8–12. About 70 students, from more than a dozen countries, live in our Residence Center. Our talented faculty comprises of over 120 talented, committed women and men, many with IB and international teaching experience, and graduate degrees.
Branksome is located on a picturesque 13-acre campus in the heart of Toronto, in the residential neighborhood of Rosedale. The school is within walking distance of the University of Toronto, public transit, libraries, theatres and the vibrant intersection of Yonge and Bloor streets.
- Day Programs: Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12
- Residence Program: Grades 8-12
- Primary Years Program (Junior K-Grade 6)
- Middle Years Program (Grades 7-10)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Grades 11-12)
• Edu-inter provides homestay programs with a local Quebec French-speaking family for a full language immersion experience for high school students ages 13-17. Please note that this is not a residential school program.
• Our Academic Year in French Program (10 months) and our High School Experience Program (3-6 months) aim to provide students with an in-depth French language immersion experience and the opportunity to attain a high level of fluency.
• Students are completely immersed into a local high school program, live with a French-Canadian family and participate in cultural activities and excursions.
• Quebec City is the only major city in Canada with a 100% French-speaking environment, making it the ideal place to learn French.