Paramita Academy of Makeup Inc., Toronto: Conveniently located in Toronto, Ontario, Paramita Academy of Makeup Inc. is dedicated to introducing the world of makeup artistry to students internationally. The students benefit greatly from the one-on-one teaching system offered at Paramita Inc. with a maximum of eight students per class, Jessica (the instructor and owner of Paramita Inc.) is there to constantly guide you and give constructive criticism.
Makeup Bootcamps and Classes:
- 1 Week "Beauty and Bridal Makeup Artist Bootcamp" *Day & Night Classes*
- 2 Day (weekend) "Fashion, Film and Photography Makeup Artist Bootcamp"
(prerequisite - 1 week Bootcamp)
- 1 Day "Special Effects Makeup Artist Bootcamp" (prerequisite - 1 week Bootcamp)
- 3 Hour "Personal Makeup Class" (no prerequisites)
Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts (PICA) in Vancouver, BC is the city's most progressive centre for culinary & baking & pastry arts education for Canadian and international students. Since 1997, our accredited institute has offered highly regarded career programs in Culinary Arts & Baking & Pastry Arts, with the option of expanding your career training with a 1-Year Dual Diploma program.
Our culinary programs are designed for students who wish to be productive immediately in a professional environment upon graduation. Instruction from Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts includes job-search training and a lifetime placement assistance service for every graduate. We are proud to have over 2,400 successful alumni working around the world in over 30 countries.
Small class sizes (15 students maximum to 1 chef instructor in Culinary Arts & 12 to 1 in Baking & Pastry Arts), 90% hands-on training and dedicated internationally experienced chef instructors give each student the personal attention they need to master the “art” of cooking and baking and pastry.
We also offer many short programs to inspire 'the chef within'. In addition, we provide short career programs, workshops and more.
Harbourside Institute of Technology (HIT), Canada's premier and most technically advanced audio training institute offers Certificate and Diploma programs in Audio Engineering and Music Production, Pro Tools, Ableton Live and Advanced Recording Artist development. Located in the beautiful district of North Vancouver, BC, HIT has access to waterfront parks and enjoys a view of Downtown Vancouver across the Burrard Inlet.
We are a highly specialized elite school that teaches within the environment of a world-class recording studio. HIT is a certified Pro Tools training facility with one of the only two Pro Tools experts in Canada and a certified Ableton training instructor on staff.
All the HIT instructors are successful professionals currently active in the recording, game audio, post audio and film industries. Students receive a great deal of personal attention due to the small class sizes.
Harbourside Institute of Technology is accredited by the PCTIA - the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (of BC). The Agency is given its authority by the Province of British Columbia, Canada, Ministry of Advanced Education.
- Audio Engineering and Music Production Diploma program (9-month)
- Advanced Recording Artist Diploma program (3-month)
- Electronic Music Production Diploma (6-month)
- Pro Tools 101
- Pro Tools 110
- Pro Tools 130 (Game Audio)
- Pro Tools 201
- Pro Tools 210M
- Ableton 101: Weekend Workshop
- Introduction to Basic Recording Techniques
Complections College of Makeup Art & Design (C|MU), Toronto
Courses / Programs
Complections College of Makeup Art and Design (C|MU) creates the new faces of the global entertainment and fashion industry. Based in the heart of Downtown Toronto, we are a private career college, unique within Canada, that offers highly specialized courses in make-up artistry for film, theatre, television and fashion.
C|MU is an industry leader, influencing the direction of make-up artistry worldwide through the accomplishments of our graduates and the notable activities of our instructors and staff.
Attracting students from across the country and around the world, C|MU is the only makeup school that offers courses in all seven disciplines of makeup artistry. Specialized areas of study include character and special makeup effects, creature design and prosthetics, theatrical makeup design, and fashion photographic makeup. C|MU is committed to providing unparalleled training for the next generation of makeup artists worldwide.
Online Candle Making Courses in Canada & Worldwide
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make high quality, unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in Canada, the U.S. or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
“I searched the planet to find work like this.” Leah, Canada
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
Candle Making Seminars via Skype:
• 6 DAY COMPLETE BUSINESS SET UP COURSE
• 4 DAY CONDENSED BUSINESS SET UP
• 2 DAY INTRODUCTORY COURSE
HD Video Course Options:
• BUSINESS SET UP COURSE
• PLATINUM COURSE
• INTERACTIVE COURSE
• HOBBY COURSE
Clear, Concise, Interactive Teaching:
These comprehensive candle making courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a livelihood from this special profession.
At GLOW Academy in Mississauga, Toronto, and Kitchener, Ontario, we provide professional training in Makeup Artistry, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, and all areas of Aesthetics, including: Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Nails, Facials, Peels, Brow/Lash Tinting, Massage and Microdermabrasion.
Specialized makeup programs are also offered in Bridal, Fashion, TV/SFX and Fantasy makeup. We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
This allows our students to graduate with a resume full of experience and a complete portfolio book of their actual work as they embark on their career path.
Aesthetic students also have the opportunity to be scheduled into working at our “Beauty Lounge” to further hone their skill sets and confidence by servicing the general public.
Student Testimonial: "The teachers are great, very helpful and understanding. The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals.
I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
- Samantha T, Hamilton, ON
The Beauty Box by Sheriff - Professional Makeup Classes in MB & Canada
Courses / Programs
• The Beauty Box by Sheriff is Canada's #1 MUA School & Beauty Retailer.
• Situated in south downtown Winnipeg MB, The Beauty Box by Sheriff is a professional academy of makeup art that provides high-quality makeup classes and makeup artist certification programs.
• Due to high demand, we provide makeup classes in a range of locations throughout Canada through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps.
• Our mobile makeup classes are available in Brandon, Thompson, The Pas and Steinbach MB; Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge in Alberta; Vancouver and Victoria in BC; Regina and Saskatoon in Saskatchewan; Montreal in Quebec; Fredericton in NB; and Halifax in Nova Scotia.
We also offer mobile makeup classes in the following cities in Ontario: Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, North York, Vaughan, Etobicoke, London, Scarborough, Pickering, Barrie, Kenora, Thunderbay ON.
• Taught by highly-experienced instructors, our makeup bootcamps aim to mould a novice student into a professional makeup artist.
• We offer financing to qualified students, and pass along job opportunities to our graduates who are offered work experience (and occasionally paid employment) in our cosmetics retail stores.
• "After researching various makeup programs, I decided to attend Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Winnipeg MB. It was a wise choice that assisted me in gaining my dream career right after graduating the program. My portfolio assisted me in standing out from my competition.." Sandra