Art Schools in the UK: Design college in London, Degree courses in Fine Art, Graphic, Interior, Textile design, Master degree, Bachelor degree programs, Graduate diploma courses in the Central London area
Chelsea College of Art and Design: Chelsea College of Art & Design, located in Millbank in Central London, in the City of Westminster, offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in subjects including Interior Design, Graphic Design, Textile Design & Fine Arts. Situated in an inspiring location alongside Tate Britain, you will also be studying at the centre of one of the world's great cultural capitals.
• London Art Portfolio is a leading provider of art and design qualifications to UK and international students.
• Conveniently located in South London, right next to Tower Bridge, we offer a 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design which could be ideal for anyone who would like to prepare to study for a Bachelor Degree in art, design or architecture.
• This practical, project-based art foundation course aims to help you to develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide on your future pathway. Specialist options include Architecture, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Textile Design.
Student Review: "London Art Portfolio helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly. Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to London Art Portfolio." - Shanice
Chinco Design Studio is a jewellery making and design school located in the heart of Brighton and Hove in East Sussex on the coast of South-East England. We offer a range of jewellery making and jewellery design courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students. Courses are taught by Sheila Way who is a jeweller / designer and a member of the British Jewellery Association. International students are welcome.
We aim to help students develop their skill at silversmithing, stone setting, wax carving, jewellery design, portfolio building, jewellery photographic images and much more. We offer holiday courses, one-to-one teaching as well as one and two year career change courses. There is a maximum of 3 students per session to allow for individual attention.
- 1-year or 2-year jewellery making & design career change course
- Jewellery making holiday courses
- Silver jewellery making course
- Stone setting course
- Wax carving course
- Chain making course
- Make your own wedding bands course
- Hot & cold connections course
- Basic starter course
- Weekend / morning / evening classes available
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Located in Vauxhall, London, the London Atelier of Representational Art was established in response to the rarity of rigorous representational art education and is unique in the UK with its approach to teaching the most fundamentally important aspects of drawing, painting and sculpture from life. We offer fulltime and parttime drawing, painting such as bargue drawing, cast drawing and painting, portrait drawing and painting; Sculpture including intensive figure sculpture. We also offer inspirational classes to learn about the techniques of distinctive art personalities.
Inspired by the atelier method of instruction, the unique emphasis of the course is given to working directly from the life model in a continuous pose of no less than a week and up to a month under unvarying (natural) north light conditions, giving optimum time to observe the figure and understand how to see. Working with tutors 6 hours a day and using the “sight- size” technique we aim to teach essential concepts of proportion, line, gesture, form and light to best master expression of the human form.
We offer fulltime and parttime drawing, painting such as bargue drawing, cast drawing and painting, portrait drawing and painting; Sculpture including intensive figure sculpture. We also offer inspirational classes to learn about the techniques of distinctive art personalities.
The Manchester College came into existence on 1st August 2008, following the merger of City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT). We are renowned for the range, flexibility and availability of the courses we offer, with more than 600 courses at all levels, from basic skills to higher education.
We offer certificate, diploma and foundation degree courses in various fields of art and design, including interior design, graphic design, animation, interactive media, video production and fashion industry courses. We also provide training in performing arts with focus on drama, music, acting and musical theatre as well as a degree in contemporary theatre practice.
The college's mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the whole community. We achieve this by providing high quality education, excellent facilities and outstanding personal support to help all our students to succeed and to build a successful future. Each year we enroll students from over 60 countries.
Foundation Degree Courses including:
- Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Jewellery and Applied Arts
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Digital Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
Diploma Courses including:
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre)
- Working in the Fashion Industry
- Interactive Media
Jo Hamilton is one of Britain's most sought-after independent interior designers, renowned for her flair in the use of colour and space. Her interior design courses - evening, weekend and day courses in central London - are aimed at everyone. Her courses are based on her belief that interior design can be made accessible to anyone - and that by understanding a few key design principles, even the least-confident and experienced can design interiors that work.