Find distance learning interior design courses in UK: Colour therapy & garden design diploma programmes. Short home study feng shui, interior decorating courses for students in London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia...
The Holistic Design Institute UK: Based in Devon in the UK, The Holistic Design Institute is a specialist UK registered college that offers online / distance study courses that use colour and design as a healing art - to create beautiful, healthy and eco-friendly homes and gardens that offer support and healing to everyone who uses them. We offer specialist online courses in Holistic Interior Design, Healing Garden Design, Colour Therapeutics for Interiors, Transformative Therapy with art the music and other related fields. All of our Diplomas lead to an International qualification and are suitable for anyone looking for a new career using creative and design skills to create a more green, sustainable and caring community minded society. Our courses are suitable for anyone wanting to start a new exciting career in this growing field, or professionals who want to expand their knowledge and increase their client base. We welcome students from all over the world and give a personal and friendly service.
Online International Diploma Courses: All the course lessons are available to download and keep.
Holistic Interior Design: 16 Lessons Delivered by email, CD or workbooks (UK only)
Modules include: - The changing role of the home - Holistic House Doctor - Sick Building Syndrome - Geomancy - Dowsing for energy disturbances - How to declutter, improve flow and layouts. - The importance of Light and Air, Sustainable energy - The subtle environment - Water, Aroma and Sound
Healing Garden Design: Duration: 12 lessons
Modules include: - Connecting with nature’s colours, cycles and rhythms - Wild gardens vs. landscaped gardens - White gardens - A moonlight garden - Healing gardens using the therapeutic qualities of colour - The healing sound of plants - The sensory garden - Herbs and healing plants
Colour Therapy for Interior Design:Duration: 12 lessons
Modules include: - Light and the spectrum colours - The psychology of colour - how colour affects our mood and behaviour - Colour Therapy using the mood-enhancing qualities of colours - Creating a colour energy balance in a room - Environmentally friendly paints and finishes - Natural and artificial light, therapeutic lighting
Transformative Therapy Using Art and Music: Home Study Course: 10 Lessons
Modules include: - Using art and music as a Transformative Therapy - How colour and sound vibrations affects our moods and behaviour - Colour as a mirror of the soul- Colour psychology - The healing effects of sound and music - Healing breath and Sound therapy - Bringing about transformations with creative artwork
Further Home Study / Distance Learning Courses: - Feng Shui Practitioner - Japanese Garden Design - Space Clearing and Harmonising - Colour Therapy for Children (Iris School of Colour Therapy course)
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Located in Wapping, the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London close to Tower Bridge, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
Chinco Design Studio is a jewellery making and design school located in the heart of Brighton and Hove in East Sussex on the coast of South-East England. We offer a range of jewellery making and jewellery design courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students. Courses are taught by Sheila Way who is a jeweller / designer and a member of the British Jewellery Association. International students are welcome.
We aim to help students develop their skill at silversmithing, stone setting, wax carving, jewellery design, portfolio building, jewellery photographic images and much more. We offer holiday courses, one-to-one teaching as well as one and two year career change courses. There is a maximum of 3 students per session to allow for individual attention.
- 1-year or 2-year jewellery making & design career change course
- Jewellery making holiday courses
- Silver jewellery making course
- Stone setting course
- Wax carving course
- Chain making course
- Make your own wedding bands course
- Hot & cold connections course
- Basic starter course
- Weekend / morning / evening classes available
act up is an independent organisation specialising in communication and acting training. We are located in Lavender Hill, near Clapham Junction in South London. Clapham Common Tube Station is the closest tube station to Lavender Hill. Almost all of the acting and communication training courses take place at The Royal Academy of Dance, located at Battersea Square, which is a 5 minute walk from Clapham Junction in South London. All of the acting courses are short, part-time and professionally based.
All of our courses run regularly throughout the year, and they are open to anyone over the age of 18 years. Among those attending are participants who travel from as close as the next street, right across London, or as far afield as Birmingham, Sheffield and Exeter.
Our main philosophy with all our training is to show every participant a good time. Each time we run a course, it is always very different as the core of the work is created around the participants, so no one course is ever the same. The actors and act up do however have a structured outline for each course; the environment is designed and then it's up to the participants to be brave and throw themselves in.
Year-round short, part-time & professionally based acting courses or communication training courses (for 18 + years):
- act one (beginners): 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for foundation course: 2-hour, eight-week course
- act for (aimed at anyone who is considering seeking a career as a professional actor): 3-hour, seven-week course
- Alexander Technique for acting
- act up's short summer course
Also: A variety of communication skills training courses
Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design, London
Courses / Programs
The Cass (The Sir John Cass Department of Art, Media and Design) is one of ten departments of London Metropolitan University, and is situated on the East London City fringe, a vibrant area recognised as a centre of excellence for both art and design. This unique environment of commerce, art galleries and design workshops exposes our students to the highest levels of professional practice.
We are proud to welcome a diversity of international students onto our courses. The department offers two courses designed to help international students prepare for study. The International Foundation Programme is a foundation year combining art, media and design studies with English Language to prepare students for degree level study. The International Pre-Masters is a one semester programme to prepare international students for postgraduate study in the department. We also offer a wide variety of options for internationa students who wish to take a study year abroad as part of the JYA or ERASMUS programmes.
We offer a wide range of courses including short courses, a foundation year leading to extended degrees across our portfolio, foundation degrees and degrees, taught masters, research masters and PhD/MPhil.
- Art, Media & Design
- Polymer Technology
- Design, Production & Manufacture
- Fine Art
- Media & Communications
- Music & Technology
- Restoration & Conservation
plus a wide range of postgraduate degree courses...
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) coursesfor international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there."
- Orlando, USA, Animation Production
The Carlton Institute is the leader in accredited fast-track beauty and spa therapy training with locations in England, Scotland & Wales. Our locations include Exmouth; Devon; Windsor in Berkshire near London; Essex; Leicester in the East Midlands; Stockport, Greater Manchester; Durham in the North East of England; Cardiff and Glasgow. Since 1992, we have successfully trained over 15,000 therapists, salon owners, spa & salon managers from across the world with a focus on the UK and Ireland. We regularly provide CPD (Continuous Professional Development) for lecturers at full time further education colleges. All our modular courses lead to a diploma or recognised qualification for NVQ/IHBC/IIHHT.