Amigos de las Americas:
Based in New York City, Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is an international, not-for-profit organization that provides summer abroad, service learning programs for high school and college students. Our program empowers young adults to grow as leaders and increase their multi-cultural understanding through training and community service projects in Latin American countries such as Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Honduras, and more.
A world where each young person becomes a life-long catalyst for social change.
Amigos de las Américas inspires and builds young leaders through collaborative community development and immersion in cross-cultural experiences.
- Safety First and Always: We prioritize the health and safety of AMIGOS participants above all else
- Youth Leadership: We believe in the capacity of youth to become leaders for positive change
- Transformational Outcomes: We strive to transform participants and communities in measurable ways
- Community-Led: We create socially and environmentally conscious partnerships, through collaboration with communities throughout the Americas
- Diversity Throughout: We promote diversity of volunteers and stakeholders and work to break down barriers
- Respect: We maintain respect, transparency and high standards in everything we do
- Address Health & Education Priorities in Latin American Countries
Supported by a strong network of Pan-American chapters, teenagers and young adults from diverse backgrounds work successfully with host communities and partner agencies to address health and education priorities in these countries.
- Make a Difference
AMIGOS provides unparalleled leadership and community service opportunities for young people while concurrently contributing to the well-being of hundreds of communities throughout the Americas.
- Gain Life-Changing Experiences
Through their training and service experience, they gain life-changing insights about other cultures, effective civic engagement and their personal potential.
Since its founding in 1965, more than 20,000 high school and college-age students have served as AMIGOS Volunteers. The New York Chapter was founded in 2002 to provide the Amigos opportunity to students living in the New York City area. Throughout the school year, the New York CIty Chapter prepares its members for their Latin America experiences through training in cross-cultural sensitivity, networking, technical skills, personal health & safety, and the culture of Latin America.
Summer abroad Volunteer Programs for High School & College Students:
- Community Nutrition
- Community Health
- National Parks & Environmental Conservation
- Youth Leaders in Action
- Service Learning & the Environment
- Youth and Media Arts
- Environmental Health
- Reforestation & the Environment
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.