Acting lessons in West Los Angeles, CA: Acting coach for adults, kids & teens in Westwood. Weekend acting classes, school for beginners & professional actors, acting training studio close to Brentwood & Santa Monica.
Jake Carpenter Acting Studio: The Jake Carpenter Acting Studio on Santa Monica Boulevard in Westwood in West Los Angeles is an actor training studio offering classes for adults and children from beginner level to working professionals. The studio is headed by renowned-acting coach Jake Carpenter. The Jake Carpenter Acting Studio provides a safe, positive and encouraging space for actors to grow. At our acting studio, we believe that when actors grow into strong artists, their performances are powerful. These kinds of performances are what the great directors, producers and actors are looking for and they are rare.
We offer acting training classes for both adults and children at all levels from beginner to working professionals. Classes focus on doing scenes and monologues from plays and movies. Students do their work and then receive constructive and encouraging feedback from Jake. Students are encouraged to work at least once, and preferably twice, in each class. Classes take place on Saturdays from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. - Classes work on a monthly system:
* In the first class of the month, students are assigned scenes, scene partners and monologues. We then do our first work sessions on the scenes and monologues.
* In the second class, a top industry guest-speaker comes and speaks to us. This is followed by the students participating in an active question and answer session with the industry speaker.
* In the third class, we continue working on the scenes and monologues.
* During the fourth class of the month, students do their scenes and monologues on camera. The students receive a videotape of their work to use on their reel, if they wish.
* The next month cycle begins on the next Saturday of the month. Continuing students have the option of starting new scenes and monologues or continuing to work on their current ones.
Located in Beverly Hills, Bosso Intensive Makeup School Los Angeles is one of the most sought-after makeup training facilities in the world.
Taught by celebrity make-up artist, Kimberley Bosso, our unique make-up training programs are offered to novices, aspiring make up artists and professionals.
We provide affordable 6-day and 4-day Intensive Make-up Training Courses with a professional certificate awarded on completion, which will prepare you for a successful career in the make-up industry.
There are ONLY a maximum of 4 students per course to ensure the utmost meticulous attention and makeup education.
We also offer a 1-day intensive course for the novice or professional makeup artist wanting to learn basic to advanced techniques, or wanting to refresh their existing makeup skills. Students come from all over the U.S. as well as from as far as Australia and Dubai.
An industry established make-up artist since 1997, Kimberley Bosso trained and received her professional makeup artist certificate in Los Angeles, and took her training and research further, studying in Paris learning airbrush and working throughout Europe backstage with top designers for runway shows, as well as visionary photographers on ad campaigns.
Student Testimonial: "Thank you so much for sharing with me your knowledge...you will always have my respect and appreciation. You are an amazing and inspiring professional. I'm glad that I have met you and attended your awesome makeup course!"
- Izabela Cruz, Dubai
4-Day & 6-Day Intensive Professional Make-up Artist Certification Programs:
- Traditional and Airbrush Make-up
- Techniques include: Smokey Eyes; Contouring; Bridal Makeup; Men's Grooming; High Fashion; Business & Marketing; Product & Brush Knowledge; Hygiene & more
- 6-Day program also includes Red Carpet Makeup and Fashion Week with extensive airbrushing
1-Day Intensive Make-up Artist Course:
For beginners or those looking to sharpen existent makeup skills.
At Steinlein Productions Institute located in the heart of Hollywood, California, we are dedicated to developing your talent and perfecting your skills to achieve your highest potential and success within the entertainment industry. Founded by Iris Steinlein in 2001, Steinlein Productions offers intensive workshops in filmmaking, dance, acting, vocal training and makeup artistry. Training is hands-on and as authentic as possible so students reach their maximum capabilities. At Steinlein Productions, entertainment industry professionals focus on teaching young talents the fundamentals of furthering their careers and creative ideals.
English Language and Talent Training,
International Film Workshop,
Acting Master Classes,
Modeling and Self Development,
Makeup Artistry Classes,
Dance Training, Vocal Training,
Day and Evening classes for locals and international students. Spring, Summer and Fall Programs.
Mime Theatre Studio (MTS) offers theatrical mime workshops, classes, and private coaching in Los Angeles in Southern California. Established in 2001, MTS has taught actors, dancers, comedians, improvisers, storytellers, animators, motion capture performers, magicians, and others who want to develop the physical aspect of their performance for film, TV, and stage.
Instruction is provided by Lorin Eric Salm, a former student of the great mime master Marcel Marceau, and a graduate of Marceau's Paris International School of Mimodrama. Mr. Salm is a movement coach for major Hollywood film and TV productions, a guest instructor for Cirque du Soleil, a character movement instructor for the major animation studios, and a working actor in film, TV, stage, and animation reference acting.
- Level I Workshop: 2-day intensive workshop introducing the fundamentals of Theatrical Mime. Technique exercises, improvisation, exploration, lecture / demonstration. No experience necessary. 12 hours total instruction.
- Level II Class: Weekly class for those who complete the Level I Workshop. Introduces gradually more complex techniques and teaches students how to apply techniques to their own creations. 2.5 hours per week.
- Private Mime Lessons: Customized to student's goals.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
California Flower Art Academy is a flower arrangement school serving the San Francisco Bay Area (Burlingame, Millbrae, San Mateo) & Silicon Valley (San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View, Milpitas, Santa Clara). Our quality programs and seminars feature floral designs/arrangements (European floral design, Japanese IKEBANA flower arrangement, wedding floral decorations & funeral flower arrangements) as well as 3D Decoupage & Shadow Box Arts programs.
We are certified by the FDA (Flower Decorators Association) Japan and Yanagi Koryu Ikebana Association, Japan. We can help you become a florist, floral designer, wedding floral decorator, funeral flower designer or flower arrangement instructor. We have been educating hundreds of students for the past 21 years, not only in California but also in Japan.
Conveniently located just off the Junipero Serra Freeway, Tiffany’s Dance Academy South San Francisco offers dance classes for students from the age of 2 all the way up to adult, in the styles of tap, jazz, ballet and hip-hop. Our classes take place Monday to Thursday afternoons, with a full Saturday program also in place. In addition to recreational classes, TDA of South San Francisco has a a performing company with groups that compete in the area, and partake in additional community performances in the South San Francisco and San Bruno areas.
TDA's goal is to provide professional, fun training in all the disciplines of dance. The staff here at TDA consists of professionally trained teachers, most of whom hold 4-year degrees in dance, or extensive professional choreographic and performance experience. All of our instructors are full-time, and thus completely committed to the art of teaching dance. We believe that the quality of teaching should not differ between toddler-dancers and advanced teens, and therefore most all the TDA instructors teach every age. This ensures continuity and thorough training, right from the beginning.