Arts schools in Los Angeles, California: Design colleges, fine art schools, digital media degree programs, fashion photography training, professional makeup classes, LA beauty schools, cosmetology certification..
Located in Beverly Hills, Bosso Intensive Makeup School Los Angeles is one of the most sought-after makeup training facilities in the world.
Taught by celebrity make-up artist, Kimberley Bosso, our unique make-up training programs are offered to novices, aspiring make up artists and professionals.
We provide affordable 6-day and 4-day Intensive Make-up Training Courses with a professional certificate awarded on completion, which will prepare you for a successful career in the make-up industry.
There are ONLY a maximum of 4 students per course to ensure the utmost meticulous attention and makeup education.
We also offer a 1-day intensive course for the novice or professional makeup artist wanting to learn basic to advanced techniques, or wanting to refresh their existing makeup skills. Students come from all over the U.S. as well as from as far as Australia and Dubai.
An industry established make-up artist since 1997, Kimberley Bosso trained and received her professional makeup artist certificate in Los Angeles, and took her training and research further, studying in Paris learning airbrush and working throughout Europe backstage with top designers for runway shows, as well as visionary photographers on ad campaigns.
Student Testimonial: "Thank you so much for sharing with me your knowledge...you will always have my respect and appreciation. You are an amazing and inspiring professional. I'm glad that I have met you and attended your awesome makeup course!"
- Izabela Cruz, Dubai
4-Day & 6-Day Intensive Professional Make-up Artist Certification Programs:
- Traditional and Airbrush Make-up
- Techniques include: Smokey Eyes; Contouring; Bridal Makeup; Men's Grooming; High Fashion; Business & Marketing; Product & Brush Knowledge; Hygiene & more
- 6-Day program also includes Red Carpet Makeup and Fashion Week with extensive airbrushing
1-Day Intensive Make-up Artist Course:
For beginners or those looking to sharpen existent makeup skills.
• Gain spray tan certification in California or online with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - we offer the longest-running spray tan classes in the world!
• Aviva provides onsite spray tan certification programs in Los Angeles and San Diego in Southern California and San Francisco in the Bay Area.
• In each city, our spray tanning training takes place in a leading hotel.
• We also offer convenient, short and comprehensive online spray tan certification programs to beauty professionals and complete beginners based in California and nationwide.
• On completion of your course, you receive a Certificate.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our students are those who are looking to add sunless tanning certification to their beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, want to host mobile spray tan parties, or improve the profitability of their current spray tanning business.
• We offer in-class spray tan training in a host of other venues throughout the U.S. & Canada, including Las Vegas & Reno NV, NYC, Boston MA, Houston & Dallas TX.
Student Review: "I had taken several online courses and what set Aviva's apart for me was the in-depth demonstration of spraying technique. It completely changed my game up 100%.
I would recommend Aviva to others because they are amazing at what they do. They are leaders in this business and simply the best."
• Sophia Rocha, Owner, Golden Glow Studio Mobile Spray Tanning Services, Long Beach CA
3.MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print, Los Angeles
Courses / Programs
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
4.CMC School, Yucatan - Color Reading / Chromatology Workshop
Courses / Programs
Psychic ability practitioners, medical professionals & color therapy healing enthusiasts living in California may be interested in this unique short program in Mexico:
• Develop your psychic ability with Divination through color in the abundantly colorful and spectacularly scenic state of Yucatan in Mexico!
• Chromatology or Chromatics is the study of color, and at CMC School in Yucatan, we offer an exciting and highly educational chromatology, divination & color reading workshop (taught entirely in English) to develop your psychic ability and enable you to make color readings.
• Today, color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) is used extensively by interior designers, fashion designers, beauty therapists, holistic and healing therapists, doctors, mediums, and artists to enhance the power of color and color combinations.
• CMC School is owned by U.S. citizens from Texas, and we are excited to welcome tourists and alternative adventure travelers to our new destination workshop in Progreso Beach, a tranquil & picturesque location just 30 minutes north of the city of Merida (renowned in many articles for its safety, architecture, food and voted the #1 place to retire in Forbes Magazine!).
• Our programs appeal to professionals, therapists, vacation seekers & travelers from the neighboring border states of CA, TX, AZ and NM, from across the U.S., local students from Mexico, as well as international students from Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean, and around the globe.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Kirk Baltz is an acting coach in Los Angeles with 15 years experience teaching acting classes. His weekend acting workshops have been taught in major cities across the U.S. while his on camera classes in LA have helped many beginning actors to gain a better understanding of film acting.
Kirk's work as a private acting coach has assisted many working actors with developing a sharper auditioning technique. An actor's training is not something to be taken lightly. If you are ready to commit to doing the work expected of an actor and learn how to be an actor with undeniable talent...contact us and lets get you started.
7.Online Candle Making Classes for California, U.S. & global students
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in California with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in California, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
8.UCLA Extension, Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts
Courses / Programs
One of the nation's largest and most comprehensive institutions of continuing higher education, UCLA Extension in the University of California, Los Angeles, has served students in Southern California since 1917. Our performing arts & entertainment courses are open to all adult learners, regardless of previous levels of study. Program fields include Acting, Visual Effects, Production Design, Music Technology, and many more. Each year, Extension offers 4,500 courses, linking 65,000 adults of diverse backgrounds to enhanced career, academic, and personal growth opportunities through lifelong learning.
UCLA Extension's Department of Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts is an internationally acclaimed program, providing practical training in all aspects of the entertainment industry. Students can enroll in individual courses to sharpen specific skills or pursue a comprehensive program certificate.
Our courses directly address the competitive demands of today's industry and prepare professionals with a broad, in-depth background. Students actively participate in a supportive, professional environment, taught by leading experts and artists currently working in Hollywood.
Performing Arts & Entertainment Certificate Courses:
- Production Crafts
- Visual Effects Creation
- Interactive Media/Games
- Film/TV Theory
- Music Theory
- The Music Business
- Recording Engineering
- Music Technology, and more...
Yale MFA director Andrew Wood offers reasonably-priced acting classes in Hollywood / Los Angeles based on his training at the Yale School of Drama with Evan Yionoulis and Earl Gister. The course is aimed at the serious student of acting, advanced or beginner, who wants to reflect on his or her craft and scrutinize his or her notions of what acting is about.
His class will help students of all levels to do this. The technique he teaches is Stanislavsky-based, but the most important insights he offers are refinements or radical clarifications of Stanislavsky arrived at by his teachers at Yale.
These insights have not yet been written about to speak of, and are not widely known. And they probably never will be that widely known, because you can't really learn them from a book. You need someone to make it live before your eyes.
A few topics covered in the class may be somewhat familiar to the experienced student, but everyone will encounter several very provocative challenges to their notions of the craft of acting over the course of the ten weeks, guaranteed.
Situated just 10 minutes north of Downtown L.A., Shepherd University's School of Digital Arts provides two comprehensive Degree programs in Digital Arts (Bachelor), and Information Technology (Masters), with concentrations including VFX (Visual Effects) & Animation, and Game Art & Design. With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, our School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs.
The mission of the School of Digital Arts is to provide students with opportunities to develop in-depth knowledge and experience in Digital Contents and Graphics fields to contribute to the economic vitality of our region and beyond and to launch the careers of first-rate, 21st century professionals and leaders who are ready to make immediate, positive contributions to society through Christian spirituality.
Our school is located right next to Hollywood, where the global industries of filmmaking and digital content are concentrated.