International schools in Italy: Bilingual education in Lombardy for primary school & secondary school / international high school students. International school in Pavia offering IGCSE & A level courses taught in English & Italian curriculum, preschool programs for expat kids..
Scuola Internazionale di Pavia: Situated in the heart of Pavia, in Northern Italy, 1 hour south of Milan, FLAG School is a Cambridge International School and offers students from 2-19 years the opportunity to attend a bilingual school. In secondary and high school a dual diploma is offered where students can study both the European curriculum as well as Cambridge Secondary 1, 2 and Cambridge IGCSE and A levels.
International, Bilingual School for Students ages 2-19: We offer the Italian Curriculum, alongside the Cambridge International School curriculum. S.I.P. Pavia is the only bilingual school in the area, offering a truly unique experience for our students, preparing them for the real world. Features include:
- Italian Curriculum
- Cambridge Secondary 1
- Cambridge Secondary 2
- Cambridge IGCSE
- Cambridge A levels
The school is committed to a curriculum which, in full respect of the Italian Culture, provides an education in line with European Directives. Our curriculum is broad and balanced, as well as rigorous and demanding – but at the same time we aim to make our curriculum accessible to all students admitted to the school.
Our goal is to provide the tools and skills our students will need to face the world that awaits them. Students are encouraged to be the protagonists of their own innate need to learn.
We believe that Education should be an empowering process that guides children to develop their passions, critical thinking and compassion and helps them to realise what they have, what they want, and what they need to do in order to achieve their goals.
Through their experience of the curriculum we hope that all our students become ‘life-long learners’.
Founded in 1962 in Milan, northern Italy, the American School of Milan is a K-12 institution with solid foundations that keeps a constant eye toward developing new technologies and is committed to seeking excellence in teaching and learning. Our eight-acre, gated campus is located on the outskirts of Milan and includes purpose built facilities that accommodate the Primary, Intermediate, Middle, and High Schools. Our programs are taught in English. Nurturing the potential of a child’s formative years in a stimulating environment full of challenges, inspiration and achievement, the American School of Milan embraces the more than 35 different nations that form its multicultural community.
With a talented, highly educated and experienced faculty of inspiring teachers, the school encourages children to develop their full potential, achieve personal excellence and become citizens of the world committed to life-long learning. Within a child-centered approach to education, ASM teachers strive to know and appreciate each student as an individual and to develop a nurturing relationship that stimulates personal growth as well as academic achievement.
- Early Childhood Program
- Elementary School
- Upper School
- Middle Years Program
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Performing Arts
- Laptop Program
- Programs are taught in English
Situated in Frascati, just 20 minutes east of Rome, Little Genius is an alternative international pre-school, nursery and primary school which aims to provide high quality education to children ages 2 ½ to 11 years.
Our programs provide children with an education that emphasizes and encourages critical analysis, creative thinking, opportunity and freedom of thought, whilst instilling or furthering English language skills in children of all abilities.
At Little Genius International we recognize the fact that the nature of our role makes the quality of our staff essential to our success in caring for your child.
For this reason we take care to choose our team from amongst the most educated and prepared personnel who are qualified from a range of education related sciences.
International Nursery and Primary School - ages 2-11 years:
- Curriculum and Exams: British, Italian and ICE methodology
- Summer school
- Afternoon courses
- Saturday school
- English courses for children/adults
- Individual courses in English and Italian for foreigners
- Business English and e-commerce.
United World College of the Adriatic (UWC Adriatic) is a co-educational residential school offering a high school study abroad program for international students aged 16-19 years. Our school is located in the Italian / Slovene village of Duino / Devin, 16km from the city of Trieste, in the similarly named province of Trieste in north-eastern Italy. Trieste is situated between the Adriatic Sea and Italy's border with Slovenia in southern Europe.
We bring together 180 students from around the world for the final two years of their high school education. Eighty percent of our students are non-native English speakers, yet all study towards a full International Baccalaureate diploma in English. All students also study Italian. All the students who attend the UWC Adriatic do so on full scholarship. The result is a truly diverse school population both culturally and socio-economically.
UWC Adriatic is one of 12 United World Colleges (UWC) that aim to foster international understanding and peace. UWC is the only global educational NGO that brings students from all over the world, selected from within their own countries on merit.
Located in central Rome, Lazio region in central-western Italy, the American Overseas School of Rome is a fully accredited pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (ages 3-19) institute of learning. The curriculum is that of U.S. general academic, college-preparatory public or private schools. The School offers both the Advanced Placement and the International Baccalaureate programs. Our faculty focuses on the use of consistent assessment to gauge student understanding and to best focus lessons for student learning.
The School's testing program includes the College Board's PSAT, SAT/ACH, and Advanced Placement tests, as well as the full complement of IB examinations. Instruction is in English. French, Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, and Italian are taught as foreign languages. As part of our Italian program Italian students can prepare for the quinta, prima, seconda and terza media exams. In addition to academic subjects we offer an extensive athletics program as well as a fine arts program. The School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is the first school to be granted an International Credential from the Middle States Association.
- Programs from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- U.S. College-Preparatory Curriculum with International Baccalaureate Programs and Advanced Placement Courses
- Pre-Kindergarten (Early Childhood) Program
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Instruction is in English
- Italian Program available for those preparing for Italian State exams
- Key Subjects include math, science, English, social studies, the arts, P.E., computers
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT/ACH
With two locations, in Bagno a Ripoli, just south of Florence, and on the south side of the Arno in central Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the International School of Florence is one of the oldest international schools in Europe. Originally catering to an international, Anglophone community, in the more than 57 intervening years, it has grown and changed, developing into a model international school. Among the programs offered are the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Program, an integrated Italian equivalency program (grades 1 through 8) for our host country students who wish to prepare for and take the Italian Terza Media exam, and the challenging International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Instruction is in English. Students may also study Italian and French. The school takes advantage of its setting in Florence to study history, art and architecture, and there are frequent field trips to places of interest in the surrounding area. There are elective courses in music, theatre, art, drama, journalism, computers, physical education and yearbook. We are accredited by ECIS and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Programs for pre-kindergarten through grade 13
- Curriculum based on US Models and International Baccalaureate Program with English, Italian, math, science, social studies, technology, theater arts
- Junior School
- Middle School
- Senior School
- Italian Program for Italian Terza Media State exam
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- College Preparation Course SAT
• Situated in Lanciano, in the Abruzzo region of central Italy, Canadian College Italy (CCI) is a university-preparatory, co-educational boarding school for students in Grades 10 through High School Graduation in Grade 12.
• Founded in 1995, the School offers a culturally rich and academically challenging curriculum and has grown to be a unique source of English-language private school education for both Canadian and international students.
• Conveniently located just two hours east of Rome, CCI unites the advantages of a Canadian university preparatory education with the sophistication of private schools in Europe.
• Students may enroll for a single semester or up to three academic years (two semesters / year). All students board within our own residences in this charming, safe medieval city.
• This year, CCI’s students come from Canada, Columbia, Italy, Jordan, Mexico, Scotland, Thailand, and the United States to name a few.
• Our students live together, travel together and learn together. They are constantly learning about each other’s culture and customs. It is easy for our students to naturally form life long friendships with students from all over the world as a result.