Southwestern Academy, Phoenix area:
Located at Beaver Creek Ranch, Rimrock, outside the city of Sedona, 95 miles north of Phoenix and northeast of Camp Verde, Yavapai County in northern Arizona, Southwestern Academy is a co-ed independent private college preparatory high boarding school for grades 9-12. We also provide ESL programs and a postgraduate year. In this stunning setting, nature is the ultimate learning laboratory for history, geology, archaeology, biology, and art lessons. Here, your child can reach his highest potential, participate in sports and activities, and make lifelong friendships.
Southwestern’s vision is to offer American and international students personalized, stimulating classes and supportive, nurturing care that allows individual student success, understanding of diverse cultures, and preparation for college and life.
Southwestern offers and shall continue to offer programs to strengthen students through small classes—normally of eight to twelve students—with personalized lessons, achievement grouping, two unique campuses in safe environments, and especially by supporting student achievements through an involved, nurturing, caring staff who create an environment for individual student success.
- Boarding Programs for boys and girls grades 9-12
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, history, social studies, foreign languages including French, German and Spanish, visual and performing arts, physical education, community service
- English as Second Language Program
- We also offer a Postgraduate Year
- We welcome international students
Southwestern Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Our campus dormitories offer a safe and fully supportive environment, supervised by resident counselors. These dorm parents live in adjacent apartments, and are responsible for the well-being of each student. Parents and students are given a list of dorm needs before the beginning of a school term.
Set on 180 acres, you’ll find a school like no other, accommodating 50 students.
- Separate girls’ and boys’ dormitories are on the hillside.
- A lounge with a huge fireplace is a favorite spot for students to watch movies and DirecTV.
- There are sports fields, an indoor pool, a gymnasium, and horse stables.
- A powerful deep-space viewing telescope is housed on campus.
- Events are held in the Rimrock Room, with its rough-hewn timber ceilings and adobe fireplaces, decorated with Native American pottery.
- The main study hall is modeled after a “hogan,” or circular family home of the Navajo people.
- Seven stone cottages are set along trout-filled Beaver Creek.
- With T-1 wireless internet connectivity, students can do research or email home.
Many of our graduates say their most memorable experiences at Southwestern are our campus traditions. Here’s a sampling:
- ArtsFest features work in the visual and performing arts, contributed by students from both campuses
- Anniversary Antics celebrates Southwestern’s anniversary with a traditional tree planting, games, and of course, ice cream and cake
- The Annual Track and Field Meet gives everyone a chance to compete
- Theme Dress Days allow students to express themselves in costumes each month
- The Prom offers a chance to dress up in formal attire and dance the night away
- Graduation is a day-long celebration of student achievements
No matter what your interest, you’re sure to find a club or society where you’ll meet like-minded students who share your excitement. A few of our clubs include:
- Southwestern International Club provides ways to understand the cultures in our global school.
- Southwestern Interact Club allows you to donate some of your time to those in need. As part of Rotary International, Interact is a club with inspiration.
- Southwestern Environmental Associates helps students to better understand and safeguard nature. A hiking group is part of this club.
- Southwestern Arts Society (SAS) serves as a link to the arts. The club organizes field trips to plays, concerts, dance recitals, and museums, and holds the ArtsFest each spring. Chess and drama clubs are part of SAS.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Rimrock, Beaver Creek Ranch Campus, Phoenix, Arizona , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.