Excelsior School: Excelsior School in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, Southern California, is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education; our school has established an excellent record of accomplishment of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.
Excelsior School is located in Pasadena, CA only 16 miles from downtown Los Angeles, in a quiet and safe neighborhood on the 17 acre park like campus complete with cafeteria, library, and dormitory facilities.
The Thacher School is a co-educational boarding high school for grades 9-12 located in Ojai, 85 miles northwest of Los Angeles in Ventura County, CA.
The school serves academically talented students who will benefit from a rigorous college preparatory experience with ACT, SAT and AP courses. The faculty and students live and work closely together in a community in which cooperation, trust, honesty, and respect are the cornerstones of school life.
Together, we commit to the belief that demands in the academic classroom, when combined with those of mountains and horses, of sports and the arts, produce independent minds, strong bodies, and powerful character.
Dormitory life is a rich blend of studying, relaxing, sleeping, and enjoying with friends and prefects. In each dorm, senior prefects help administer rules and serve as role models for other students. Faculty members are also an integral part of dorm life, as most live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Boarding Programs for boys and girls in Grades 9-12:
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Study Abroad Program
- Outdoor Program
- Horseriding Program
- International Students welcome
Rigorous College Preparatory Curriculum:
- Fine Arts
- Modern Languages
Situated just 90 minutes north west of Los Angeles, in Santa Barbara County CA, Cate School, is a co-educational college preparatory day & boarding school of offering Grades 9 - 12.
Founded in 1910, the School delivers a demanding academic program resulting in a breadth and depth of scholarly inquiry. In an intimate setting, students and teachers together pursue high ideals.
Fellow students become friends, teammates, and counselors. Our dorms are also home to Cate faculty and their families, and the bonds between students and teachers are built as much there as they are in the classrooms and on the playing fields.
Taught by faculty members who are passionate about their subjects and dedicated to ensuring that each student reaches his or her full potential, the coursework at Cate is both rigorous and engaging.
River View Christian Academy, San Bernardino County
Courses / Programs
The River View Christian Academy (RVCA) is a fully accredited, private Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens ages 13-17, located in the mountains of Northern California.
Our program is aimed at helping troubled teens by providing firm but loving intervention, interactive education and life skills training.
Our boarding school is open to families regardless of race or religion. We have open enrollment and students are in the classroom year-round so your child has the continuous opportunity to experience success in their education.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from California, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located 28 miles northeast of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley in southern California, Dunn School is a college preparatory day & boarding school with a focus on developing each student's academic and personal potential.
We serve students from grades 6-12 in Middle & Upper School, specializing in humanities, science, math, languages, and more.
Boarding life at Dunn is truly a unique experience in which students learn to become independent while living and learning among friends. For many students, boarding life is a key part of their Dunn School education and overall growth. Through living on campus, students find their identity, develop talents, and establish friendships for life.
Dunn offers small classes and a unique advisor program. Our students meet with their faculty advisors daily to address academic or personal issues. Our academic curriculum is complimented by our visual and performing arts programs, co-curricular athletics, and outdoor education.
Dunn School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is one of only seven private independent schools accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders: Young Men, Grades 7-12
Located on the coast in San Diego, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique. Our college preparatory curriculum is catered to the ways that boys learn best. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each Cadet to reach his full potential.
This combination - leadership education, a college-prep curriculum, and the commitment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best - all adds up to create The Warrior Experience.
As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life here. Honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility, and compassion are the cornerstones.
While military is the format, most boys do not go into the military upon graduation; over 97% go on to college and are accepted by top universities.
Excellence is promoted in all areas of life. Boys learn self-discipline, teamwork, and accountability while receiving a top education and enjoying a beautiful ocean side campus.
College Preparatory Day & Boarding Programs for Boys in Grades 7-12:
- Day Program
- Boarding Program
- Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- University of California A-G Curriculum
- JROTC Leadership Program
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- Athletics Program
- ESL Program