Excelsior School, Pasadena:
Excelsior School is located in Pasadena, CA only 16 miles from downtown Los Angeles. The school is a WASC accredited, independent boarding high school that offers a rigorous, college-preparatory education for students in grades 9-12. Our school has established an excellent track record of graduates matriculating at distinguished colleges and universities.The Excelsior School curriculum is varied and challenging, providing a strong college-preparatory program in nine fields of study: English, history, mathematics, computer science, science, foreign language, art, performing arts and physical education.
- College Preparatory Curriculum with science, math, English, social studies, Spanish, computer studies, fine arts and physical education
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT, ACT
- English as Second Language (ESL) Courses
Students may qualify for honors-level courses in English, history, math, science and foreign language. Advanced Placement preparation is available in English, history, math, science, foreign language, art and performing arts.
The Excelsior faculty employs a wide variety of teaching methods. In history class, students might debate the merits of Athenian democracy and Roman imperialism; in biology, students might do a laboratory experiment to determine factors that influence enzyme activity.
Teachers may ask students to work together to design a computer- based solution to a mathematical problem. All courses emphasize reading, writing and research skills, and many courses include educational field trips to local museums, theaters and historical sites.
- Excelsior School offers students ample opportunity to polish their leadership skills both in and out of the classroom. We provide activities and organizations that encourage the students to share their time and talent with the community and to help make the world a better place.
- Leadership skills are developed through Academic Organizations, Athletics and Extracurricular Activities. Additional activities are added as student interest presents itself.
- The dormitory of Excelsior School provides accommodations that are clean and economical for students who are attending school. Each room has 2 beds, dresser and desk, telephone and bookcase. There are clothes closets in each room. Bathroom facilities are conveniently located on each floor of the dorm.
Excelsior School is authorized under federal laws to enroll non-immigrant alien students who are citizens of countries other than the United States.
Excelsior offers comprehensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program for international students with various ESL proficiency levels. International students achieve fluency in English, gain a strong academic background and develop an understanding of American culture.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1539 E. Howard St., Pasadena, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.