Private Schools in Canada: Private high school in Toronto, Secondary school diploma in Ontario, University preparation courses, College preparatory school, Full-time, part-time high school programs, Night school classes for adults, teens in the Toronto area
Future School: Located on Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, FutureSkills is a private high school offering credit courses for secondary students in grades 9 to12 who are working to complete their OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma). All of our courses are fully approved and accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education. At FutureSkills Private High School, students have the option of attending as full-time or part-time students through our day school, night school and summer school programs. Our flexible part time schedule, which is offered six days a week, allows students to maximize their time and achieve the best possible results.
Since our school year is semestered, students have the choice of enrolling for the entire year or for individual terms. For those students who are looking to fast track or upgrade marks, our summer school courses are a great opportunity to complete up to four credits in two months. In addition to our classes, our one-to-one tutoring sessions with qualified teaching staff are available seven days a week and provide students with highly effective customized lesson plans in upgrading marks and/or fast tracking in preparation for college and university.
Our school is conveniently located on the North East corner of the intersection at Yonge and Finch directly outside the Finch Subway Station and Finch Bus Terminals. This provides our students with the possibility of commuting to our school via the TTC (Toronto Transit System), GO, YRT or VIVA buses.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Havergal College is a preeminent girls' school for 900 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our Boarding School is home to 50 Canadian and International students in Grades 9 to 12.
Established in 1894, the school's mission is to prepare young women to make a difference in their chosen pursuits by enabling each student to develop her full intellectual, spiritual and physical potential. At Havergal, students learn how to become effective anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The Havergal Old Girls network is connected with more than 8,000 Old Girls living in more than 50 countries around the world.
Students benefit from the many opportunities to develop their whole self—their full intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical potential. Our research-based approach to curriculum development and delivery draws upon the best contemporary and traditional educational methodologies. A Havergal education prepares students for a lifetime of learning, leadership and limitless possibilities.
- Junior School: Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 & 8
- Senior School: Grades 9-12
- Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 for Canadian & international students
- Arts courses such as drama, visual arts, multimedia arts, vocals, band, strings & more
- Curricular and co-curricular athletics programs
- French, Spanish, Latin & Mandarin language courses
- Social sciences courses in Harkness-style classrooms ideal for discussion-based learning
- Advanced Placement courses in the Senior School
J. Addison School, located in the picturesque town of Markham (30 minutes north of Toronto), Ontario, Canada, is a private school offering Montessori programs at the pre-school and elementary levels, and an outstanding accredited secondary school program. Many people spend a lifetime striving to actualize their true potential. Their success in life is highly dependent on how they manage the associated challenges. Parents have an inherent duty to help their children in this effort. In fact, the dramatic growth of the tutoring industry is the result of the parents’ recognition that tutoring programs are specifically designed to help each child meet the challenge of developing their individual skill sets. Our program combines the best that tutoring centers have to offer: individualized, strategic, and accountable programming within a fully equipped and accredited school setting.
- Montessori pre-school & elementary programs
- Instruction of children in 3-year age groups
Accredited Secondary Program:
- Registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education
- Unique teaching and learning and support program
- French-as-a-Second Language
- Canadian History
- Canadian Geography
- Summer Camp & more ...
Discovery Academy is a private, co-educational, accredited university preparatory school located in Thornhill (immediately south of Richmond Hill) in the northern Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario. We provide education programs for grades K-12, and also offer a program for international students wishing to earn credits and / or a high school diploma. Our credits are recognized by universities, colleges and other high schools in Ontario and worldwide.
At Discovery, we prepare young people to make a difference in their future pursuits and improve the world we live in by equipping each student with the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize and achieve their full physical, creative, and academic potential. We have been shaping students careers since 2005.
At Discovery, our unique approach to education has earned us a strong reputation in the community and amongst universities throughout Canada. Discovery Academy claims 100% of their graduates are accepted to the postsecondary school of their choice. Our teachers not only connect with students, but also exploit their hidden talents and abilities.
- Preschool program (Saturday / Sunday)
- Day school program
- International students program with homestay
- Summer camp program
- Tutoring and advanced programs
- After school programs
- Sunday program in French
- TOEFL English language program
- Night school programs
B.G. Music Academy is a music school in the Etobicoke area of Toronto, Ontario offering music classes to children and teenagers of all abilities. We provide a balance of contemporary and classical teaching methods, which continue to produce proficient, well-rounded musicians. We offer lessons in Jazz and Classical Piano; Blues and Classical Guitar; Voice training; Digital recording classes and more.
Our unique teaching style adapts to the specific needs of individual students of all ages. A variety of styles including jazz, rock, classical and other forms of popular music are utilized to further enhance our method and sustain interest among our students. The B.G. Music Academy provides an excellent curriculum, bringing students from simple melodies right through to the level of a concert performer.
B.G Music Academy Teachers have outstanding credentials and years of diverse performing and teaching experience to offer the best in musical training for classical, rock, and jazz enthusiasts.
Musical instruction for all ages in a private lesson setting from university-trained teachers in Toronto, Ontario, on most common instruments. Since 2004 hundreds of students have taken music lessons at our central location. We started as a small school, but have grown with the strength of our teachers and programs. We constantly renovate and improve our facilities and provide ongoing training to our staff to ensure we meet the changing needs of our students, and the latest trends in education.
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year