Private Schools in Canada: Private high school in Toronto, Secondary school diploma in Ontario, University preparation courses, College preparatory school, Full-time, part-time high school programs, Night school classes for adults, teens in the Toronto area
FutureSkills High School, Toronto: Located on Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, FutureSkills is a private high school offering credit courses for secondary students in grades 9 to12 who are working to complete their OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma). All of our courses are fully approved and accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education. At FutureSkills Private High School, students have the option of attending as full-time or part-time students through our day school, night school and summer school programs. Our flexible part time schedule, which is offered six days a week, allows students to maximize their time and achieve the best possible results.
Email:Contact us below
Since our school year is semestered, students have the choice of enrolling for the entire year or for individual terms. For those students who are looking to fast track or upgrade marks, our summer school courses are a great opportunity to complete up to four credits in two months. In addition to our classes, our one-to-one tutoring sessions with qualified teaching staff are available seven days a week and provide students with highly effective customized lesson plans in upgrading marks and/or fast tracking in preparation for college and university.
Courses / Programs:
High School for secondary students in grades 9 to12 working to complete their OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma). Courses include day credit courses, night credit courses, summer credit courses, e-learning, tutoring classes and TOEFL preparation. Since our school year is semestered, students have the choice of enrolling for the entire year or for individual terms. Subjects include English, Math, Science, French, Social Science, Business Studies, Arts, Technology Education, Chinese.
Located in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, Fridge Door Live Theatre Company is a performing arts experience for children and youth. From September to March, Saturday morning theatre programs are offered for children who have an interest in theatre, dance, arts and live performances.
Our programs each end in a full production. In July and August, there are 5-day camps for youth in grade 3-12. Camps are located in London, ON, Strathroy, ON, St. Thomas, ON and Ingersoll, ON.
The aim of our programs is to provide a fun environment and challenging experience for children and youth while also practicing and nourishing teamwork, partnership and community values.
Freehand School of Art is conveniently located on Yonge Street in Toronto (6 blocks north of Lawrence on the East Side of the city), and offers children and adults art courses and summer art immersion day camps for kids. We provide a focused and informative approach to art instruction which allows students to discover the expressive possibilities of new materials and techniques.
At Freehand School of Art, our aim is to engage our students with the world around them using eye, mind and hand. There is a fundamental drive in all of us to create. Young children naturally express what they see, think and feel though their artwork. Often, this natural process becomes inhibited as they grow up. We are committed to nurturing creativity in young children and re-igniting it in everyone else.
Freehand School of art is owned and operated by Vivian East who brings a high level of expertise in art education gained in more than 30 years of involvement in arts communities in Toronto, and Julia Ramdeholl who brings current perspectives on the arts to the school.
Both partners are qualified teachers, members of the Ontario College of Teachers and the Ontario Society for Education through Art.
* Early Years Art classes:
- Start With Art: Ages 4-6 years
- Start with Art-Picture Books
- Start with Art-Famous Artists
* Elementary Children's Art classes:
- Painting: Ages 7-10 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 7-10 years
- Mixed Media: Ages 7-10 years
- Printmaking: Ages 8-14 years
- Sculpture Workshop: Ages 8-14 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 11-14 years
- Drawing on the Imagination: Ages 11-14 years
- Painting: Ages 11-14 years
* High School Students Art classes
* Adults Art classes & more...
The abacus, that ancient, no-batteries-required, bead-based calculator, is making a comeback in after-school programs.
The course is about Abacus education. We use numbers 0-9 and the abacus as the prime tool to develop the mental abilities of the child. This is not a mathematics course! We are simply using the child’s ability to do mental arithmetic to increase the productivity of the brain and to enhance mind power.
Scientific analyses indicate abacus training can improve a child’s ability to:
and process information.
But how can it accomplish all that, and so much more?
Our brain has two hemispheres, the left brain and the right brain. About 95% of our children use only the left brain, which provides the ability to analyze information concerning languages and sound. But the right side of the brain, which is focused on thinking, creativity and integration of information, needs to be used and stimulated as well.
Learning to use the abacus can help develop this right brain/left brain integration.
Located close to the heart of the vibrant City of Toronto (in the North York Centre area), Clinton International College is a private high school that offers a variety of academic programs for students in Grades 9-12, including University Preparatory Programs and a range of Language Centre courses.
Clinton offers exceptional education for students from all over the world, and helps them to achieve their dreams. Our mission is to passionately focus on delivering the best quality education and memorable Canadian experience.
Clinton's goal is to help our students achieve their goal: to get into their dream school, experience a rich and fulfilling educational career, and make a meaningful impact upon society.
Academic Programs & Language Courses for High School Students:
- High School Diploma (Grades 9-12 credit courses)
- International Summer Camp / Winter Camp
- ESL English language courses
- Exam Preparation（TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, TOEIC）
- Business English and Accent Reduction Program
- Work & Study Program
- University/College Pathway Program
The World of Fairy Tales is an international school of speech, arts and drama conveniently located in Vancouver, BC offering year-round programs for all ages, and a summer camp program. Our acting school provides a variety of programs for different age groups.
Our very little kids (5-6 years old) are learning Artistic Development Skills, then they can continue with the Speech Arts and Drama group (6-8 years old) and follow all the programs until the age of 18. We are very proud of our students who can get an extra 4 credits towards their High School Diploma for the “Speech Arts and Drama” course.
Our mission is to find, create and develop any potential talent in your child for his / her future acknowledgement. You will be satisfied and happy with your child's education in our acting school. Our teachers / instructors possess university degrees from all over the world which are well recognized in Europe, Asia and Canada.
We also create performances, exhibitions and concerts for the open public. Our students and teachers participate in festivals, city events, national competitions and examinations.
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year