Lincoln Park Preschool:
Lincoln Park Preschool (LPP) is a private, early childhood program / day care center located on W. Belden Avenue, at Belden and Lincoln Park West in Chicago, Cook County, IL. We have another school, Lincoln Park Preparatory School, located at Germania and Clark Street – just south of North Avenue in the city. Our early childhood programs (for children ages 2 - 6 years) primary focus is the growth and well being of the child. We provide this best by having a warm, open, nurturing atmosphere that is conducive to learning at an early age.
Early Childhood Programs for Children Ages 2 - 6 Years:
The children take part in discovery-based activities that are developmentally appropriate. LPP provides a healthy balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities, while limiting the amount of time spent in a large group. We believe that through play, children experience the joy of discovery for themselves. Children are also encouraged to build upon problem solving skills, as well as their creativity and socialization skills with other children.
Our teachers take into account the individuality of each child. Activities that are stimulating to the child’s imagination and creative development can then be provided. We believe that communication between the teachers and parents is a vital part of providing a quality program and strengthens the learning process. Curriculum components are specifically designed to be age-appropriate for each classroom. Lesson plans for each classroom build on skills learned in the previous classrooms.
- Programs for children ages 2-5 years at Belden location.
- Programs for children age 2 years through to Kindergarten at Germania location.
- 2, 3, and 5 day schedules.
- Hours 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Theme based learning activities with developmentally appropriate learning in math, science, language arts, dramatic play, music, gross & fine motor, art & sensory.
- Foreign Language Immersion Program – Language Stars Spanish Instruction: The Language Stars program engages children in fun and effective language learning through the use of songs, games, books, and movement. Their program is a full immersion program with the goal of achieving proficiency in a second language.
- Suzuki-Orff School of Music® Program: Music LEAPS by Suzuki-Orff builds a foundation of experiences that facilitates self-expression and creativity for preschool children through rhythms, songs, and movement. It also draws on creative repetition and progressive, skill-developing activities to facilitate cognitive learning and children’s ability to anticipate and master classroom activities. This program is provided by The Suzuki-Orff School of Music.
- Daily walking trips to the Lincoln Park Zoo, farm, duck pond, farmer’s market, playgrounds, the beach and neighborhood parks.
- Field trips to the Nature Museum, the Water Park at Seminary and Armitage, the Brookfield Zoo, a pumpkin patch, plays and performances.
- Two daily snacks such as bagels with cream cheese, veggies and dip, graham crackers, cheese and crackers, and pretzels served with juice.
- Daily, hot catered lunch including milk, fruit, vegetable, protein, and starch.
- 2 hour rest / nap time every day.
Summer Camp Program:
LPP is a year-round program. June, July, and August are considered our Summer Camp Program. If families choose not to stay for Summer Camp, their spot in the classroom will not be guaranteed for Fall. Summer Camp enrollment forms and tuition are due by March 1. During Summer Camp, lesson plans are tailored for outside activities.
LPP offers several extra curricular programs during the school year. These programs have been carefully chosen for the enrichment they provide our students. All of these programs take place during the morning portion of the day, ensuring that all children attending school on the day of a program will have the opportunity to participate.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 312 W. Belden Avenue (located at Belden and Lincoln Park West), 60614 , Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.