Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Lake Forest:
Founded in 1858, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for young women in grades 9-12. We are located in Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois, 30 miles north of Chicago, and welcome domestic and international students.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
Why a Girls School?
- Students describe their experience at an all-girls’ school as demanding, exciting, and life-changing. Their voices are heard and their accomplishments are numerous. They don’t need to fight for attention or for opportunities to lead.
- They’re encouraged to focus on developing the very best in themselves, while pursuing challenging coursework. Students in all-girl classrooms confidently voice their opinions, ask thought-provoking questions, and embrace new learning experiences and opportunities.
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is a school whose tradition of excellence in all-girls’ education dates back to 1858. Our students enjoy not just equal opportunity, but every opportunity. Girls are always at center stage: every student leader, athlete, artist, speaker, and musician at Woodlands is a girl.
As a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, Woodlands Academy commits itself to living the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools. The Goals and Criteria express the values and intentions of the Sacred Heart tradition and are the foundation for education at Woodlands and at every Sacred Heart school in the Network.
The principles of the Goals and Criteria, lived dynamically from generation to generation, embrace change as an opportunity and as a starting point for transformation. They address issues in Sacred Heart education that have challenged students for over 200 years: tradition and change; continuity and transformation; society and the individual.
The Goals and Criteria challenge Sacred Heart alumnae, students, and faculty to appreciate their potential and to participate in the reshaping of society.
The Five Goals:
Sacred Heart schools educate to:
- the building of community as a Christian value;
- personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom;
- a personal and active faith in God;
- a deep respect for intellectual values;
- a social awareness which impels to action.
A Woodlands Academy education is serious in its studies, strong in its principles, and rich in the spirit of love and life.
As a Sacred Heart school with a long tradition of excellence, Woodlands prepares motivated young women for lives of courage and confidence, educating them to discover their purpose, cultivate their talent, and commit themselves to service as citizens of the world.
Woodlands’ curriculum includes Advanced Placement and honors courses, college prep, an exchange program, an exceptional fine arts program, year-round service opportunities, competitive athletics and club crew, as well as TOEFL and English as a Second Language options.
School features include:
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, fine arts, math, science, information technology, international languages, physical education, social studies and theology
- Advanced Placment and Honors Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Exchange Program with Network of Sacred Heart Schools
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Program
- For many young women, boarding at Woodlands is the experience of a lifetime. Our boarders say that they form invaluable friendships and grow in respect for individual differences as they undertake new responsibilities in group living.
- Boarding students live in single rooms on two floors of the boarding school. Our boarding facilities include wi-fi internet access, student lounges, a fully equipped and stocked kitchen, study rooms, a computer lab, shower facilities, and a laundry room.
- Our Residence Life staff are present on both floors at all times. After school hours, boarding students have access to our library, music practice rooms, school dining hall, and kitchen.
Outside of the classroom, Woodlands students find an array of opportunities to relax and have fun. Students can participate in a wide range of clubs, organizations and activities to explore their interests, meet new friends, contribute to the school community, and develop leadership and team skills.
We encourage students to get involved and take leadership roles that will help them to grow as strong, confident young women. Our clubs and activities are open to all students. We offer numerous leadership opportunities to students who are elected or appointed to offices based upon their eligibility and qualifications, such as the Academic Council, Service Committee, and Admission Ambassadors.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 760 East Westleigh Road, Lake Forest, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.