Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Lake Forest: Located in Lake Forest, Illinois, just 30 miles north of Chicago, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for young women in grades 9-12. Our curriculum includes Advanced Placement and honors courses, college prep, an exchange program, an exceptional fine arts program, year-round service opportunities, competitive athletics and club crew, as well as TOEFL and English as a Second Language.
Email:Contact us below
Boarding and Day Programs for Girls in Grades 9-12: Our average class size is 12 students and the ratio of students to full-time faculty is 8:1.
In many courses, class sections are organized on the basis of ability and level of skill development. Parents receive progress reports every five weeks, if needed. Courses / programs include:
- College Preparatory Curriculum (English, fine arts, math, science, information technology, international languages, physical education, social studies and theology)
- Advanced Placment and Honors Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Exchange Program with Network of Sacred Heart Schools
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Program
Located in Lake Forest, Illinois, on the north shore of Lake Michigan and 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake Forest Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school for domestic & international students in grades 9 through 12.
We teach a full and inclusive middle & high school curriculum in arts and sciences, with AP and college prep courses.
The academy fosters intellectual development and academic excellence in its students. At LFA, students learn valuable lessons not only in the classroom and on the athletic fields but also in the dormitories, student center and dining hall.
Our boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world. As a boarding student you will live in one of the four single-gender dormitories on campus. Our dorms range in size from 10 to 72 students. Each dorm is staffed by a team of resident faculty members, many of whom live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Illinois, across the United States, and students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Since 1982, Brehm Preparatory School has been empowering students with learning disabilities and differences to recognize and optimize their potential. Designed around the way each child learns best, an Individualized Holistic Education Plan (IHEP) integrates cognitive, academic, social, and behavioral strategies into a comprehensive program designed to educate the whole child.
Brehm’s caring, highly qualified faculty and staff welcome students in grades 6 through 12+ into a dynamic new learning environment brimming with optimism. Working quickly to break down barriers, build trust, and rebuild self-confidence, they embrace students in a nurturing boarding school environment where each child feels accepted and supported.
This holistic experience produces students with the tools, skills, and confidence to become effective self-advocates and independent learners able to succeed in school, find fulfilling careers, and lead balanced multi-faceted lives.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Viroqua, southwest Wisconsin (45 minutes south of the city of La Crosse), Youth Initiative High School is a wonderfully unique day and boarding high school for US and international students in Grades 9-12.
With our comprehensive high school curriculum, which uses the Waldorf model, we focus on academic excellence, whole person development, student governance, initiative, personal responsibility, and creativity in all aspects of our education.
In addition to our day students, Youth Initiative has successfully boarded students from the United States, Thailand, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, Colombia, and around the world.
Our school helps place students with caring and engaged host families in our community and offers unique support through our Care Group system.
On the basis of the philosophy of the Waldorf curriculum, YIHS pursues a balance of academic rigor in the humanities, sciences, and foreign languages, compassion and cooperation in social life, and creativity and excellence in the practical and fine arts.
Based in Flanagan, Illinois, Salem4youth is a Christian Therapeutic Boarding School for troubled boys and young men in Grades 3-12.
We offer an educational program that is specifically structured to support the supervision and training of students that have special challenges.
These challenges can include emotional and behavioral problems, learning difficulties, lack of motivation and other difficulties that may be the result of self-harming or other detrimental behaviors, including drug and alcohol use. As a Christian Boarding School, our therapy is Biblical-based.
We combine our educational program with equine therapy. Using horses therapeutically and vocationally, boys receive riding instructions and are given the responsibility to care for the horses. The relationships developed with our horses help each young man develop self-esteem, control, and responsibility.