Special education boarding school in Illinois for kids with learning disabilities: Private boarding school for middle school & high school students with ADHD, ADD & Aspergers. Residential programs for dyslexic boys & girls, remedial education in Carbondale, Southern IL, near St. Louis MO.
Brehm School, Jackson County: Brehm School is a small, fully accredited, not-for-profit, coeducational boarding school in Carbondale, 2 hours south of St. Louis in southern Illinois. Since 1982, Brehm has been successfully teaching students with language-based and complex learning disabilities such as dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, aphasia, aspergers, nonverbal learning disorders (NLD), visual processing, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, and more.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Co-ed Boarding Program for Grade 6-12 Students with Learning Disabilities: The Brehm Academic Curriculum is designed and implemented in accordance with the Brehm Vision and Mission. Brehm's curricula has been approved by the Illinois State Board of Education, North Central Association, and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
- English; Mathematics; Social Science; Science; Physical Education/Health; Fine Arts; Foreign Languages; Computers; Learning Cognition; Transition Electives
- Acquiring Information; Communicating; Reasoning; Self-Management; Using Technology
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Lake Forest
Courses / Programs
Founded in 1858, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for young women in Grades 9-12.
We are located in Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois, 30 miles north of Chicago, and welcome domestic and international students. Woodlands’ curriculum includes Advanced Placement and honors courses, college prep, an exchange program, an exceptional fine arts program, year-round service opportunities, competitive athletics and club crew, as well as TOEFL and English as a Second Language options.
Boarding students live in single rooms on two floors of the boarding school. Our boarding facilities include wi-fi internet access, student lounges, a fully equipped and stocked kitchen, study rooms, a computer lab, shower facilities, and a laundry room.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
Boarding and Day Programs for Girls in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including English, fine arts, math, science, information technology, international languages, physical education, social studies and theology)
- Advanced Placement and Honors Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Exchange Program with Network of Sacred Heart Schools
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Program
- International Students welcome
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Missouri and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in Lake Forest, Illinois, on the north shore of Lake Michigan and 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake Forest Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school for domestic & international students in grades 9 through 12.
We teach a full and inclusive middle & high school curriculum in arts and sciences, with AP and college prep courses.
The academy fosters intellectual development and academic excellence in its students. At LFA, students learn valuable lessons not only in the classroom and on the athletic fields but also in the dormitories, student center and dining hall.
Our boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world. As a boarding student you will live in one of the four single-gender dormitories on campus. Our dorms range in size from 10 to 72 students. Each dorm is staffed by a team of resident faculty members, many of whom live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
New Hope Wilderness Camp, located in Ava (38 miles south east of Springfield), South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States, is a 21-day co-ed wilderness program, working with troubled teens (ages 11-20) who are experiencing conduct and behavior problems.
These include: Lack of Respect; Hostility Toward Loved Ones; Defiance Toward Authority; Truancy; Drugs; Violence; Depression and Unpredictable Behavior.
The individual treatment planning at New Hope is aimed at facilitating a change of heart, healing and strengthening family relationships, and inviting new beginnings. We have one competent staff member for every two young people. We utilize horses to do therapy with the young people, as well as daily counseling.
The ultimate goal of New Hope is to see the young people making positive choices in their lives, changing their heart attitudes positively, to facilitate a better relationship with their parents. We certainly believe Jesus Christ is the focal point for change, after one recognizes a heart need.