Boarding school for troubled boys in Illinois: Christian boarding school for difficult teens with behavioral problems, emotional issues or substance abuse. Residential treatment center using equine therapy programs for middle school & high school students, 2 hours southwest of Chicago.
Salem4youth: Based in Flanagan, Illinois, Salem4youth is a Christian Therapeutic Boarding School for troubled boys and young men. We offer an educational program that is specifically structured to support the supervision and training of students that have special challenges. These challenges can include emotional and behavioral problems, learning difficulties, and more.
Salem4youth is located in a unique and beautiful rural setting about 2 hours southwest of Chicago. Flanagan is 30 miles north of Bloomington/Normal, IL and 90 miles south of Chicago, IL.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Wisconsin and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Lake Forest
Courses / Programs
Founded in 1858, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for young women in Grades 9-12.
We are located in Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois, 30 miles north of Chicago, and welcome domestic and international students. Woodlands’ curriculum includes Advanced Placement and honors courses, college prep, an exchange program, an exceptional fine arts program, year-round service opportunities, competitive athletics and club crew, as well as TOEFL and English as a Second Language options.
Boarding students live in single rooms on two floors of the boarding school. Our boarding facilities include wi-fi internet access, student lounges, a fully equipped and stocked kitchen, study rooms, a computer lab, shower facilities, and a laundry room.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
Boarding and Day Programs for Girls in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including English, fine arts, math, science, information technology, international languages, physical education, social studies and theology)
- Advanced Placement and Honors Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Exchange Program with Network of Sacred Heart Schools
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Program
- International Students welcome
Located in Lake Forest, Illinois, on the north shore of Lake Michigan and 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake Forest Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school for domestic & international students in grades 9 through 12.
We teach a full and inclusive middle & high school curriculum in arts and sciences, with AP and college prep courses.
The academy fosters intellectual development and academic excellence in its students. At LFA, students learn valuable lessons not only in the classroom and on the athletic fields but also in the dormitories, student center and dining hall.
Our boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world. As a boarding student you will live in one of the four single-gender dormitories on campus. Our dorms range in size from 10 to 72 students. Each dorm is staffed by a team of resident faculty members, many of whom live in apartments attached to the dormitories.
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson School (TJ), a small but far-reaching co-ed boarding and day school for Grades 7 to 12 located in St. Louis, an independent city in east Missouri.
We offer a core classical rigorous curriculum with all advanced placement courses and college prep SAT and ACT to students from St. Louis to Shanghai, Little Rock to Nowy Sacz.
At Thomas Jefferson (TJ), boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world and form lasting friendships. Likewise, day students share space in the dorms and learn how to manage living with others – great practice for college.
If you are an American student, perhaps a classmate will invite you abroad, or if you are an international student, maybe you’ll be invited to spend part of a school vacation here in the heart of the United States. The rooms at TJ, situated in cottages with their own outside doors and private baths promote structured independence.
Located in Cedar County in southeast Iowa, Scattergood Friends School is a co-educational Quaker boarding and day school founded in 1890. We provide a college preparatory education with AP courses, SAT and ACT to students in Grades 9-12 from around the world.
Unique in our approach, we emphasize living in community and are devoted to fostering the growth of the whole person. As part of our program, we also offer an independent study program where students choose topics of interest, a laptop program, and month long trips.
Scattergood is accredited by the Iowa Department of Public Instruction as well as the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS).
Scattergood’s unique status as a boarding school allows a students to gain experience in many areas. Students share dorms in groups of 25, hang out in the dorm or student lounge, and spend time with their roommates.
Our students come from many states and foreign countries, and from a wide variety of socio-economic backgrounds. Scattergood students have in common the desire for a quality high school education in a good community.
Boarding and Day Programs for Boys & Girls (Grades 9-12)
- Five Day and Full (including weekends) Boarding Options
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, social studies, fine arts, foreign languages and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Independent Study Program providng opportunities for students to study topics of interest
- Laptop Program
- Month-Long Trips
- International Students welcome