Lake Forest Academy: Located in Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois, on the north shore of Lake Michigan and 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake Forest Academy is a college preparatory boarding and day school for boys and girls in Grades 9 through 12.
Boarding: Our boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world. As a boarding student you will live in one of the four single-sex dormitories on campus.
Our dorms range in size from 10 to 72 students. Each dorm is staffed by a team of resident faculty members, many of whom live in apartments attached to the dormitories. These faculty members supervise evening study hours, sponsor weekend trips and activities, and are on hand whenever students need assistance.
Each dorm also has a team of student proctors who help our boarders with everything from checking in at curfew to managing study time effectively.
School / Office Address:1500 West Kennedy Road
The Lake Forest Academy campus is easy to get to from anywhere in the midwest.
From O’Hare Airport: Route 190 East to Route 294 North, exit at Town Line Road (Route 60). Travel East about 3/4 mile; the campus entrance is on the left; the third stop light on just before the railroad trestle.
From Chicago Midway Airport: Route 55 West to Route 294 North, exit at Town Line Road (Route 60). Travel East about 3/4 mile;the campus entrance is on the left; the third stop light just before the railroad trestle
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2017-05-24 were from:
chicago IL cook county;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
New Hope Wilderness Camp, located in Ava (38 miles south east of Springfield), South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States, is a 21-day co-ed wilderness program, working with troubled teens (ages 11-20) who are experiencing conduct and behavior problems.
These include: Lack of Respect; Hostility Toward Loved Ones; Defiance Toward Authority; Truancy; Drugs; Violence; Depression and Unpredictable Behavior.
The individual treatment planning at New Hope is aimed at facilitating a change of heart, healing and strengthening family relationships, and inviting new beginnings. We have one competent staff member for every two young people. We utilize horses to do therapy with the young people, as well as daily counseling.
The ultimate goal of New Hope is to see the young people making positive choices in their lives, changing their heart attitudes positively, to facilitate a better relationship with their parents. We certainly believe Jesus Christ is the focal point for change, after one recognizes a heart need.
Runnymede School is a Christian year-round boarding school in rural Missouri for boys (ages 9-16) having behavioral, academic and emotional problems.
Runnymede School is located on 31 acres about 30 minutes from Springfield and offers a disciplined, structured and purposeful lifestyle that strives to reform destructive behavior while teaching Godly masculinity. Runnymede focuses on daily biblical counseling and lots of hard work in basic life skills.
With only four students per class, your son will receive invaluable one on one tutoring and counsel that can be given when they sit in the house and when they walk by the way, when they lie down and when they rise up.
Again, with intensified counseling and mentoring your son will be away from home for less time, which means less cost for you.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Wisconsin and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in LaGrange County, north Indiana, Howe Military School is a co-educational private American middle and high boarding school organized under a military-like structure for Grades 7 -12.
Our military program is not intended to prepare students for military service but to give our students a competitive edge regardless of their career paths.
Graduates credit the self-discipline and organization they learned at Howe for their success in life. As a college preparatory school with AP and college prep courses PSAT, SAT and ACT, we make every effort to enroll only those students we believe will be successful in this academic environment.
Howe is both a great boarding school and internationally ranked institution of learning. Throughout its history, Howe has continued to build on the strong foundation of excellence in teaching, achievement in the arts and leadership that distinguished the school throughout its existence.
Accredited by the ISACS, Howe is prepared to meet the challenges of the new millennium and educate a new generation of leaders.
Military Boarding Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 7-12:
- Cadet Program designed to give our students a competitive edge regardless of their career path
- College Preparatory Program with English, math, science, social studies, foreign languages, the arts, athletics
- Lower School
- Upper School
- Potential Achievement Rating (PAR) System which challenges each student to attain measurable academic goals
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT and ACT
- Summer Camp
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Lake Forest
Courses / Programs
Founded in 1858, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for young women in Grades 9-12.
We are located in Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois, 30 miles north of Chicago, and welcome domestic and international students. Woodlands’ curriculum includes Advanced Placement and honors courses, college prep, an exchange program, an exceptional fine arts program, year-round service opportunities, competitive athletics and club crew, as well as TOEFL and English as a Second Language options.
Boarding students live in single rooms on two floors of the boarding school. Our boarding facilities include wi-fi internet access, student lounges, a fully equipped and stocked kitchen, study rooms, a computer lab, shower facilities, and a laundry room.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
Boarding and Day Programs for Girls in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum (including English, fine arts, math, science, information technology, international languages, physical education, social studies and theology)
- Advanced Placement and Honors Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT and ACT
- Exchange Program with Network of Sacred Heart Schools
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Program
- International Students welcome