Lake Forest Academy:
Located in Lake Forest, Illinois, on the north shore of Lake Michigan and 30 miles north of Chicago, Lake Forest Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school for domestic & international students in Grades 9 through 12.
Lake Forest Academy strives to embody in its practices and to cultivate in its students excellence of character, scholarship, citizenship, and responsibility.
- Responsibility encompasses development of self-reliance, ability to seek guidance, dedication to cooperation and teamwork, and action based upon informed decisions
- Scholarship encompasses acquisition of knowledge, development of critical thinking, enthusiasm for discovery and learning, and exercise of a powerful imagination.
- Citizenship encompasses appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism, involvement in the LFA community, participation in service to others, and commitment to global awareness and understanding.
- Character encompasses respect for others and their beliefs, dedication to honesty in every sphere of life, realization of moral clarity and conviction, and pursuit of virtue and value in life.
Lake Forest Academy is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive school community where the human differences present in the school and in society are acknowledged, respected, valued, and viewed as essential. These differences include, but are not limited to, gender, race and ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, physical ability, religion and sexual orientation.
Co-educational Boarding and Day Programs for Grades 9-12:
We teach a full and inclusive middle & high school curriculum in arts and sciences, with AP and college prep courses. The academy fosters intellectual development and academic excellence in its students. Features include:
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Prep Courses SAT and ACT
- Middle School
- High School
- Enrichment Program
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
Core & Elective Academic Courses:
- English, history, math, science, modern and classical languages, fine art, music and drama, visual art and athletics
As a student at our school you will be representing Lake Forest Academy, where character, history, scholarship, school spirit, citizenship and responsibility are promoted so you will have the necessary skills to face your future with strength and confidence.
Our boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world. As a boarding student you will live in one of the four gender-based dormitories on campus. Our dorms range in size from 10 to 72 students.
Each dorm is staffed by a team of resident faculty members, many of whom live in apartments attached to the dormitories. These faculty members supervise evening study hours, sponsor weekend trips and activities, and are on hand whenever students need assistance. Each dorm also has a team of student proctors who help our boarders with everything from checking in at curfew to managing study time effectively.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1500 West Kennedy Road, Lake Forest, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.