The College of Chicago:
The College of Chicago offers dedicated English language programs including English as a Second Language Program (ESL) and TOEFL Prep Program. We are conveniently located in downtown Chicago. We offer small classes, individual feedback on your speaking and writing, and personal attention to your progress. Every hour is a contact hour with a teacher - not lab time. Staff and teachers provide a welcoming and supportive environment to build your English skills and reach your goals.
The mission of the College of Chicago is to provide high quality English language professional programs to non-native speakers of English to prepare them to be successful academically, socially, and vocationally.
The College of Chicago also offers rolling admissions to easily accommodate the time-frame and plans of overseas students. The aim of the College of Chicago is to prepare students to achieve their personal, educational, and career goals by improving their English language skills through a broad comprehensive curriculum and practical exercises, while assisting in their adjustment to life in a new country and a new culture.
We are with you every step of the way. We know that living in a foreign country can be an overwhelming thought. We will find the best class suited to your time-frame and goals. Our International Student Office will provide help for you through the Visa application process. We can also provide suggestions for you in finding housing in a homestay or apartment. Our staff and teachers offer a welcoming environment to build your English skills and reach your goals in a fun supportive environment. You will make new friends speaking English.
- The College of Chicago is approved by Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Authorized ETS TOEFL ibt TESTING SITE.
- Approved by SEVP
Our programs have been custom-designed and are being updated continuously to reflect the needs of the student in our complex world. We offer a wide range of English language programs for all levels from beginner to advanced level:
- ESL program is a full-time intensive course. In our English as a Second Language program, students learn how to read, write and communicate effectively in a variety of contexts that promote advancement in their educational and career paths. This course uses original and relevant curriculum to make learning English interesting and fun.
- TOEFL English language exam and college preparation program is a full-time intensive course. It encompasses ongoing skill practice, daily test simulation, real full-length TOEFL practice tests, personal feedback on writing and speaking samples, and critical thinking drills. Students receive university preparation through essay writing and research papers, university level academic material, and student speeches and presentations.
- Small Class Size
- Intensive Goal-Oriented Study
- Guaranteed classroom time with teachers
- Uniquely-designed programs
- Dedicated Staff and Teachers
- Individual feedback on your speaking daily
- Personal attention to your writing samples
- Modern computer facilities/free WiFi
- Weekend Events/ Field Trips
- Authorized TOEFL Testing Center
- Competitive Tuition
- Experienced TEFL Teachers
- Easy transition to university/career
Easy to reach on public transportation via Metra, CTA or bus lines. Just blocks from the Willis Tower (Sears Tower), The Art Institute, and Millennium Park. Near to the famous shopping district and many restaurants, coffee shops, and cafes. The jewel of America’s heartland, Chicago blends the style and sophistication of the country’s biggest cities with the friendliness of the hard-working Midwest. On the shores of Lake Michigan, you can enjoy shopping, cultural offerings, unique architecture, international cuisine, and nightlife. Our fieldtrips include tours, museums, sports events, music and much more.
"My colleague went to a language school with 300 students, but he told me he still couldn't speak English very well. I am glad that I came to College of Chicago, I learn real English here."
-Tomoyuki (Student from Japan)
"When I try to say something about the College of Chicago, only the best thing comes to my mind. I've been here for 10 months or so, when I started there my English wasn't good and now I'd say I can understand people and put my dreams into reality. I just want to say this school has amazing teachers, awesome location and offers you a lot of opportunities to do whatever you want to do."
-Manual (student from Colombia)
“The best thing about the TOEFL program at the College of Chicago is that every week we work on different topics such as politics, economics, and literature which broadens our view towards society. Since class size is small, we have lots of chances for discussion which is really helpful for us to think logically and improve our speaking skills."
- Jung Hee (student from Korea)
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 123 W. Madison St., Chicago, Illinois 60602, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.