Special needs school in Miami FL: Special education programs for kids with learning disabilities, tutoring for kids with ADD, ADHD, autism, Down Syndrome & developmental difficulties. Private kindergarten & elementary to high school in the Miami Dade County area for children with learning differences close to Kendall, north of The Hammocks.
H.E.L.P. Miami: Situated in Kendale Lakes FL, just north of Kendall in Miami-Dade County, H.E.L.P. Miami (Hollywood Education & Literacy Project) is an alternative, non-profit, non-sectarian, co-ed K-12 private school for students with learning disabilities and special needs, including ADD and ADHD.
Accredited K-12 Private School Programs: For students with special needs and learning disabilities
- Kindergarten - Elementary School - Middle School - High School
Students in our program are interviewed and tested 4 times a year, while on a personal study program which includes study skills and subjects such as Reading, Language and Math.
Study Technology Program: Study Technology is the term given to the methods developed by L. Ron Hubbard to enable individuals to study effectively. It is not a collection of study tips or memory tricks, but rather a proven system of effectively learning (and teaching) any subject.
High School Diploma: Students must meet state requirements to earn a high school diploma (Sunshine State Standards). Currently, high school students need 24 high school credits and must complete a minimum of 75 community service hours to earn a high school diploma.
Private Tutoring: Basic Tutoring is per hour and is sold in 10 hour blocks. Options include:
- 10 hours of tutoring - 20 hours of tutoring - 50 hours of tutoring
The Crenshaw School is an accredited private school located in Winter Garden, 5 miles north of Windermere and 14 miles west of downtown Orlando, with education programs for students in Pre-K through to Grade 12.
Our school engages students in a rich and invigorating educational experience of the highest quality, opening their minds to new possibilities while providing outstanding preparation for the next steps of their lives. The curriculum is challenging, forward-thinking, innovative, and flexible, designed to help students from a range of backgrounds and with a range of talents and interests reach new levels of accomplishment.
The Crenshaw School has accreditations from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation & Curriculum Improvement (SACS CASI) and the Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF).
The Bolles School in Jacksonville in Duval County, FL, is a co-educational, college preparatory school enrolling over 1800 day students in early kindergarten through grade 12 and boarding students in grades 7 through to postgraduate on four campuses - Ponte Vedra, Whitehurst, Bartram and San Jose. Bolles teaches the value of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion. In lower school, we encourage the beginnings of structured learning through exploration and nurturing.
Our middle school program teaches students to take on more personal responsibility and begin honing their interests. And in upper school, our rigorous program with Advanced Placement courses prepares students for college and beyond. Bolles is more than a school — it is an educational experience that enriches students for the rest of their lives. We are an extended family of children, parents, and faculty.
The Bolles School emphasizes excellence not only in academics, but in athletics, the arts, and other activities that promote social experiences and community service. International students are welcome. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Day programs for boys and girls from Kindergarten through to 12th grade
- Boarding programs for students in 7th to 12th grade
- College preparatory curriculum
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
- Upper School program
- Advanced Placement programs
- English as a Second Language (ESL) programs
- We welcome international students
Seeds of Knowledge Tutoring in Palm Harbor, FL, is a small company that provides tutoring, test prep, and home schooling support for learners of all ages throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Every session with every student is completely customized for that unique learner. We don’t use “one size fits all” programs, like some of the big companies do.
All tutoring is done by a state-certified and Montessori-credentialed teacher with over 20 years of experience teaching and tutoring students (ranging from elementary to adults). We use hands-on materials and concrete experiences to help students understand the reasoning behind the concepts.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality, NCAA-approved online education from the comfort of their own home.
• Adirondack Learning Academy is a Brevard County-based online homeschool provider that serves K-12 students in Florida, and throughout the U.S.
• Through our partnership with Odysseyware (online curriculum provider), we are able to offer an in-home online option that expands learning beyond the walls of any school to provides a global academic experience. At the same time, online students can still participate in extracurricular benefits offered online.
• Our program recognizes that each child is an individual, so we offer comprehensive, customizable courses that suit their learning styles, interests, and educational goals.
• On completion of the program, each senior will receive a homeschool diploma from ALA and an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Weston, Broward County in South Florida, The Sagemont Upper School Campus is a respected and innovative college preparatory school for middle school and high school students (Grades 6-12).
A commitment to technology and ultimate college placement are focus points. Sagemont students are sought after by top-tier colleges throughout the nation and are often recipients of valuable academic scholarships.
The Sagemont School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools which validates our curriculum as college preparatory. Additionally, we are also accredited by the Association of Independent Schools of South Florida which identifies us as one of the premier private schools.
The Upper School Campus includes a media center, computer lab, science labs, an art room and an athletic center. Our school is situated just minutes away from I-75, I-595 and the Sawgrass Expressway.
Rigorous, comprehensive middle and high school curriculum enhanced by a variety of elective courses.
Features include: • Ranked as one of the Premier Schools in South Florida
• 100% College Acceptances
• 17 Advanced Placement Offerings
• Career Internship Program
• State-of-the-art wireless network
• 1:1 Digital learning
• Foreign Language and ELL course offerings
Located in Orlando in Orange County, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School is a private co-educational Catholic school and welcomes children in pre-kindergarten (from 3 years) through to 8th grade. As part of our programs, we offer an APEX program where students can choose from a wide range of electives, a PACE program for academic challenge and excellence as well as extensive arts and athletics programs. We have a 50-year tradition of excellence in education and we continue to uphold the traditions of the past while forging into the future.
We believe in teaching the "whole child." We attend to our students' spiritual development in all areas of learning: physical, social, emotional, and academic. We encourage our students' love of music, drama and art. We want them to play team sports and have daily recess. We want our students to love to learn.
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic School uses both the Diocesan and the Florida Sunshine State’s Curriculum Standards as a basis of its curriculum. We are accredited by the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) and a 2007 Winner of the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award.
Catholic Education Programs from Pre-kindergarten (3 years) through 8th Grade:
- Preschool and Kindergarten programs
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
- Challenging curriculum with language arts, social studies, science, math, Spanish, technology and religion
- APEX program with a wide range of electives
- PACE program with tutoring and enrichment classes
- Athletics program
- Arts program