Graduate programs abroad in Europe: International graduate school in Italy, PhD degree courses in English, doctoral studies in economics, engineering, computer science, doctorate education near Florence, Tuscany area, institute of technology
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca: IMT Institute for Advanced Studies, located in Lucca (39 miles/63 km from Florence) in the Tuscany region of central Italy, is an international Graduate School and Institute of Technology offering PhD programs in disciplines characterized by their applicative potential in areas like social sciences, economics, management, informatics and cultural heritage. IMT aims to push the frontiers of knowledge and to contribute to the formation of international professional elites for business and institutions. Ph.D. programs are taught exclusively in English.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Mission and Policy:
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca is an international Graduate School and Institute of Technology that acts as a research university with the aim of forming human capital – specifically with regard to its PhD programs - in disciplines characterized by their high potential for concrete application. IMT strives to reach the fusion of theoretical comprehension and practical relevance. The following goals are at the core of IMT's mission statement:
- to establish itself as a research center that promotes cutting-edge research in key areas, structuring its Ph.D. Programs in close connection with research activity;
- to attract top students, researchers and scholars through competitive international selections;
- to contribute to technological innovation, economic growth and social development.
Courses / Programs:
- Biorobotics Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Economics, Markets, Institutions
- Management and Development of Cultural Heritage
- Political Systems and Institutional Change
- Technology and Management of Cultural Heritage
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Get an American university education in the heart of Rome with John Cabot University (JCU)!
• The largest overseas American liberal arts university in Italy, JCU is accredited by the American Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
• We provide four-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) and 2-year Associate of Arts (AA) degree programs to students from the U.S. and worldwide. We also offer a Masters in Art History, semester and year-long study abroad programs, and summer programs.
• All courses are taught in English with an average of 15 students per class and are taught by faculty of international distinction.
• Our graduates are globally-recognized, and have been accepted at top-tier universities in the U.S. and Europe, and for being employed by well-known international companies.
• Our diverse student body comprises about 1,200 students from over 60 countries from the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe, and from more than 130 U.S. universities.
• Students benefit greatly from culturally conscious views and discussions through which they become well prepared for successful and productive engagements in our fast-paced global world.
• Whether you are considering studying in Rome with us for 4 years, or as a visiting student for one semester, JCU, with our prestigious and dedicated faculty, and our rich and rigorous curricular offerings, will provide an unforgettable academic experience whose fruits you will enjoy for a lifetime.
4-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) & 2-year Associate of Arts (AA) undergraduate degree programs in:
• Business Administration; International Affairs; Political Science; Communications; Economics and Finance; International Business; Marketing; Art History; Classical Studies; English Literature; History; Humanistic Studies; Italian Studies.
Milan Fashion Campus (MFC) is located in Milan, the fashion capital of Italy. We offer a range of fashion courses in areas including Woman's Wear Design; Bridal & Wedding Design; Fashion Styling; Menswear Fashion; Accessories Design; Fashion Illustration or Italian Fashion Business. We also offer training courses in software including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Our certificate courses can be taken for eight months or three months. Our short fashion courses are one month long. We welcome international students from around the world to study fashion in Milan with MFC. We also offer online courses and summer courses.
MFC fashion courses are suitable for all types of students whether complete beginners or those who have previously attended another professional fashion school and want to acquire new techniques and skills. Admission to our courses is limited to a maximum of 12 students per class to ensure personal attention.
Situated in the vibrant and modern city of Pavia on the outskirts of Milan, The University of Pavia is one of the oldest universities in the world.
We provide a wide range of Masters Degree courses taught entirely in English to students from around the globe.
Pavia’s campus is tailor-made to the needs of its 24,000 students and the University’s 16 colleges provide young men and women with an environment in which they can live and grow together, exchange ideas and projects and plan for the future.
There are around 1,200 foreign students currently enrolled at the University of Pavia. Every year their numbers are swelled by the 300 odd Erasmus students who decide to spend one or more trimesters in Pavia.
Today, international students make up 5.1% of the University’s total student population, a percentage that is noticeably higher than the national average (3.1%).
The European Doctorate in Law and Economics (EDLE) is offered by three of the leading European universities in the area of Law & Economics: The University of Bologna in Italy, the University of Hamburg in Germany and the University of Rotterdam in the Netherlands, with the collaboration of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research of Mumbai, India. EDLE is a joint doctoral programme (PhD-level) especially tailored to provide doctoral students with systematic & methodical training in the economic analysis of law. It is an excellence programme sponsored by the European Commission under the Erasmus Mundus scheme. English is the language of instruction.
The EDLE programme prepares economists and lawyers of high promise for an academic career in a research field of growing importance or for responsible positions in government, research organizations and international consulting groups.
The EDLE presents an attractive option for both economists and lawyers. There can be little doubt that legal thinking can benefit strongly from economic reasoning. The study of Law and Economics assists scholars from both backgrounds in integrating these perspectives.
European Doctorate (PhD level) in Law & Economics (EDLE) - 3 years:
- In 1st year, students first study in Bologna, Italy and then in Hamburg, Germany. In 2nd year, students study in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- At the end of the first semester of the second year, students will move to one of the participating university, depending on the field of specialization. Candidates who specialize on development law and economics will be offered the possibility to study Mumbai, India for one or two semesters.
With campuses in Milan, Rome, Brescia, and Piacenza-Cremona, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is one of the largest private universities in Europe - boasting over 41,000 students across 12 schools.
Aside from our 200+ Italian programs, we offer Undergraduate, Graduate, Summer and Semester programs taught entirely in English.
We distinguish ourselves for multidisciplinary curricula, strong ties with top businesses and industries, and services tailored to meet international students’ needs.
The University is spread over 4 campuses, with the campus in central Milan being the biggest one. Milan is the economic, financial and industrial heartland of Italy. It contains the headquarters of numerous multinational corporations and world-renowned brands.
Our students are in an ideal position to work as interns in global top companies and after graduation find work among the best employers.
Bachelor Degrees (Taught in English)
• B.Sc. in Economics & Management
• B.Sc. in International Relations & Global Affairs
Masters Degrees (Taught in English)
• Banking and Finance
• Agricultural and Food Economics
• Corporate Communication
• International Business
• International Marketing Management
• Economics and Finance
• International Relations
• Arts Management
6-year Medical Degree (Taught in English)
• Medicine & Surgery
Study undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs in English in the heart of Milan - the vibrant capital of Northern Italy's Lombardi Region.
With campus locations throughout the city, The University of Milan is a public teaching and research university, which - with 8 faculties and a teaching staff of more than 2000 professors - is distinguished by its wide variety of disciplinary fields.
Our English-taught degree programs include Bachelor, Masters, and Doctoral programs.
The University of Milan also offers Italian language and culture classes designed to fulfill international students' different needs.
Thanks to its commitment to basic and applied research, the University is among the top institutions in the main national and international rankings.