Admissions to universities & colleges in America: High school for international students with university preparation. Academic English courses for gifted / talented teenagers. College prep programs in Connecticut for international secondary school / high school students to study in the United States / New England.
The Beacon School, Connecticut: Situated in the heart of Stamford, Fairfield County CT, just one hour north-east of New York City, The Beacon School is a co-ed, college-preparatory day and boarding school that provides academic English language immersion programs for international students.
Academic / English Language Courses for International Students:
Beacon Pathway Course: Beacon Pathway’s curriculum combines rigorous college preparatory coursework with intensive English language instruction.
The goal of the program is to keep students where they need to be academically and give them the extra help to get the English skills to the level that they will be accepted for admission at their best fit high school.
Course Content: In addition to 3 hours of English every school day, Pathway students will take grade appropriate Math, Science and History classes.
After school, students will enroll in athletics or arts elective enabling them to spend quality social time with local American students.
General Course Features: - College Preparatory Coursework - Intensive English Language Instruction - Grade Appropriate Math, Science & History Instruction - Athletics & Arts Electives - Highly Regarded Test Preparation
Students leave Pathway with one year’s worth of credits at a US high school and admission to the best-fit school for you.
ESL English Summer Immersion Camp: - Duration: 3-6 weeks
The purpose of this camp is to give 14-18 year old students an opportunity to improve their English language skills in a multi-modal environment. Course features include:
- Accommodation in a hotel within walking distance of campus - 25 hours of English Instruction per week - After class activities with American peers
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Colorado and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Broward County FL, The Sagemont School is a private college preparatory school that offers academic programs to children from PK3 through to 12th Grade.
We have two conveniently-located campuses in the beautiful city of Weston, just minutes away from I-75, I-595 and the Sawgrass Expressway.
Our Lower School Campus incorporates preschool and elementary school (up to Grade 5) and our Upper School Campus incorporates middle school and high school (Grade 6-12).
Ranked as one of the premier schools in South Florida, we are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The Sagemont School follows the State of Florida's Sunshine State Standards as well as The Common Core Standards.
The Sagemont Lower School Campus provides an enriching and nurturing learning community that instills in each student the ability to think critically and to act with integrity and self-confidence.
We aim to develop in each student a love of learning, a strong sense of personal growth, and a sense of personal and community responsibility.
Administration, faculty and students work together as a community of learners to develop and maintain these important goals and help each child to reach his or her potential.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Atlanta International School, nestled in the heart of Buckhead in North Atlanta, Georgia, is an educational blend of Atlanta's old tradition and the pioneering international strength of present-day Atlanta.
As the innovator of a global curriculum for future leaders, AIS offers a program of academic excellence to American and international students, beginning with four-year-old kindergarten and culminating in grade 12 with the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma.
We offer a rigorous academic program that opens eyes, minds and perspectives and advances the IB's mission to cultivate informed and inquisitive learners who are principled, compassionate and open-minded.
The IB Learner Profile is a set of clearly defined attributes that describes the whole person as a lifelong learner and forms the foundation of all three IB programs, the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma. Atlanta International School will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, age or religion.
AIS is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Oogie Art is the World's No.1 art portfolio preparatory school based on college and art award results alone. We are located in Manhattan, NY, Boston & Lexington, MA, and Shanghai, China.
Every year, we have help students gain admission with scholarships to their 1st choice colleges and universities.
These are the results from 2018:
2 students accepted from Harvard
1 student from Stanford, MIT, Yale
3 students from Cornell
2 students from Columbia University
+ and many more from SVA, RISD, Parsons, and Pratt.
The results of this year's 2019 for Early Action and Decision:
1 student accepted to Harvard
2 students accepted to Cornell
At Oogie, students will build college prep skills and develop diverse portfolios with varying levels of experience. Our rigorous classes hone student's technical skills in a range of media, as well as develop an extraordinary body of their own frameworks because our students follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their individual needs, goals and most immediate deadlines.
Class scheduling is extremely flexible - students register by the semester or year.
1. Art Portfolio Prep Program: Gr. 7-12 & Transfer
2. Junior Program: Grade 7-8
3. Art HS or Boarding School Art Portfolio and Audition Prep Program: Gr. 7-8
4. Young Talent program: Gr.4-6
5. AP Studio Art Program: Gr. 10-12
6. Foundation Program: Gr. 7 and Up
7. Curating and Art Research Program
8. Art College Counseling Service
- Perspective Drawing & Painting
- Figure Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Mixed Media & Collage
- Group Crits
- Film & Animation
- Fashion Design
- Business of Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Art
- Installation Art