Atlanta International School:
Atlanta International School, nestled in the heart of Buckhead in North Atlanta, Georgia, is an educational blend of Atlanta's old tradition and the pioneering international strength of present-day Atlanta. As the innovator of a global curriculum for future leaders, AIS offers a program of academic excellence to American and international students, beginning with four-year-old kindergarten and culminating in grade 12 with the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Atlanta International School is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Our new century needs and will be shaped by extraordinary individuals. Meeting the challenges and opportunities of an interdependent world will require versatile intellectual competence and uncompromising commitment. Those who thrive in and contribute to this world will have a solid sense of who they are, and respect for who others are, as individuals, as members of a group, as citizens of their nation, and as members of a global community.
They will have a rigorous academic preparation and a passion to become the best they can be and to help others achieve their best. The mission of Atlanta International School is to develop such individuals.
To fulfill this mission, we envision Atlanta International School:
* Maintaining an optimal size composition of faculty and students so that opportunities for individual learning, mutual understanding, and community feeling are maximized.
* Connecting to the local global community through the active participation of its multilingual students, alumni and staff, who, in their work and further education, help to shape and improve the world through their knowledge, understanding and hope.
* Continuing to develop and deserve a worldwide reputation as an exemplary center of teaching and learning, a school that achieves and sets, within the framework of the International Baccalaureate, world-class standards in bilingual education, promotes international understanding, develops the whole child, and lives its core values of respect, diversity, effort and joy of learning.
We believe in the intrinsic joy of learning and hope, sustained and nurtured in a diverse school community, united in its commitment to mutual respect and purposeful effort to set and achieve high standards.
* A diverse community: We believe that a cohesive community of students and faculty from a variety of backgrounds socio-economic, ethnic, linguistic, national and religious - is a particularly rich culture for growing both the mind and the heart of each individual student.
* Committed to mutual understanding and respect: We believe that every human being is valuable and deserves respect. We further believe that understanding others promotes and solidifies respect, and that the best way to understand others is by learning to adopt different perspectives and to see the world from another's point of view.
* We hold high expectations for every student to be successful and believe that achievement comes from sustained and purposeful effort. We believe that our potential is developed and value is added to our lives and the lives of others by pushing our limits.
* The joy of learning and hope: Just as a child experiences joy at the growth of his or her physical powers, we believe our students can experience the same joy in the growth of their intellectual powers.
- American curiculum with International Baccalaureate Diploma Program for children from 4-18
- Kindergarten program
- Primary School program
- Middle School program
- Upper School program
- Rigorous academic curriculum with English, modern languages, mathematics, social studies, science, drama, art, music, computer and physical education
- Arts program
- Athletics program
- After-School program
- Summer Camp
* At Atlanta International School, students don't just study the world. They are learning to thrive in it. But more than that, they're achieving a global perspective that values differences and diversity. They're engaged in a challenging academic program that includes acquiring a second language in an open-minded and intercultural environment.
* As an international school, AIS offers three International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes and shares the IB mission "to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect."
* Fully qualified and experienced in their respective fields, AIS faculty members come to us from six continents, bringing best practices in international education to our campus. All are IB-trained, most are multilingual with advanced degrees, and many have taught at leading schools around the world. In addition, a majority of our faculty are native speakers of the languages they teach; this enriches the learning experience by enabling our students to make cultural connections as well.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2890 N. Fulton Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.