International Schools in Italy: Private school in Florence, preschool, international elementary, primary school, private high, secondary school with US curriculum, IB diploma, college preparatory programs, kindergarten, K-12 education in Italy
International School of Florence: With two locations, in Bagno a Ripoli, just south of Florence, and on the south side of the Arno in central Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the International School of Florence is one of the oldest international schools in Europe. Originally catering to an international, Anglophone community, in the more than 57 intervening years, it has grown and changed, developing into a model international school. Among the programs offered are the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Program, an integrated Italian equivalency program (grades 1 through 8) for our host country students who wish to prepare for and take the Italian Terza Media exam, and the challenging International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Instruction is in English. Students may also study Italian and French. The school takes advantage of its setting in Florence to study history, art and architecture, and there are frequent field trips to places of interest in the surrounding area. There are elective courses in music, theatre, art, drama, journalism, computers, physical education and yearbook. We are accredited by ECIS and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
ISF has two campuses, one for students from Preschool to Grade 5 and the other for Middle and High School students. Both school buildings are Renaissance villas.
The Junior School is located in Villa le Tavernule in Bagno a Ripoli, about a 20 minute drive from the center of Florence.
The Middle and High Schools are located off viale Michelangelo, on the south side of the Arno in Florence. Both schools are housed in Villa Torri di Gattaia, a five minute walk from the famed Piazzale Michelangelo with its unique view over the city of Florence. The villa is immersed in the nearby countryside and just 10 minutes from the city center.
School / Office Address:Bagno a Ripoli, via del Carota 23/25
The Bilingual Montessori School of Milan is a preschool for children ages three to six years, located close to the city centre of Milan, Italy. We provide bilingual education to our students: In both classrooms, a team of two teachers, one an Italian speaker and the other an English speaker, collaborate using a bilingual approach to education.
The two teachers take turns with the childrens' activities, while communicating in their native tongues. The bilingual approach is particularly appropriate for a Montessori classroom, where teachers typically emphasize individualized interaction with the students.
The preschool includes two multi-age bilingual Montessori classrooms. The classrooms are designed to provide an accessible, safe and inviting environment for each child. The furniture is child-sized, allowing easy access to a wide range of carefully selected activities around the room. Each child chooses her or his activities freely, feeling safe in the knowledge that the teacher is always nearby and ready to support their efforts.
Located in central Rome, Lazio region in central-western Italy, the American Overseas School of Rome is a fully accredited pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (ages 3-19) institute of learning. The curriculum is that of U.S. general academic, college-preparatory public or private schools. The School offers both the Advanced Placement and the International Baccalaureate programs. Our faculty focuses on the use of consistent assessment to gauge student understanding and to best focus lessons for student learning.
The School's testing program includes the College Board's PSAT, SAT/ACH, and Advanced Placement tests, as well as the full complement of IB examinations. Instruction is in English. French, Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, and Italian are taught as foreign languages. As part of our Italian program Italian students can prepare for the quinta, prima, seconda and terza media exams. In addition to academic subjects we offer an extensive athletics program as well as a fine arts program. The School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is the first school to be granted an International Credential from the Middle States Association.
- Programs from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- U.S. College-Preparatory Curriculum with International Baccalaureate Programs and Advanced Placement Courses
- Pre-Kindergarten (Early Childhood) Program
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Instruction is in English
- Italian Program available for those preparing for Italian State exams
- Key Subjects include math, science, English, social studies, the arts, P.E., computers
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT/ACH
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Italy, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Founded in 1962 in Milan, northern Italy, the American School of Milan is a K-12 institution with solid foundations that keeps a constant eye toward developing new technologies and is committed to seeking excellence in teaching and learning. Our eight-acre, gated campus is located on the outskirts of Milan and includes purpose built facilities that accommodate the Primary, Intermediate, Middle, and High Schools. Our programs are taught in English. Nurturing the potential of a child’s formative years in a stimulating environment full of challenges, inspiration and achievement, the American School of Milan embraces the more than 35 different nations that form its multicultural community.
With a talented, highly educated and experienced faculty of inspiring teachers, the school encourages children to develop their full potential, achieve personal excellence and become citizens of the world committed to life-long learning. Within a child-centered approach to education, ASM teachers strive to know and appreciate each student as an individual and to develop a nurturing relationship that stimulates personal growth as well as academic achievement.
- Early Childhood Program
- Elementary School
- Upper School
- Middle Years Program
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Performing Arts
- Laptop Program
- Programs are taught in English
The Canadian School of Milan is an international private school that offers an English language-based education that centers around the Ontario Curriculum. We cater for children ages 1-14 (Preschool, Primary School & Middle School).
Children go into lessons at 8.50am, and the academic day finishes at 3.45pm when children can go home, join school clubs, or study in the homework room.
We set clear expectations for learning, and approach instruction with the understanding that each child's development is unique and individual.
Our curriculum aims to provide children with real and meaningful opportunities to use their skills both as a member of a community and as independent learners.
Our staff are carefully selected for their talents, skills and love for teaching and learning. Almost all have advanced degrees in their field.