Private international schools in Italy: English-medium primary school in Milan with preschool/ kindergarten, elementary school, junior high/ secondary school programmes, top international K-12 education taught in English.
Canadian School of Milan: Canadian School of Milan aims to create a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment using a range of teaching styles and approaches and the latest technology. Based in north-central Milan, and catering to students ages 1-14, our English language education is based on the Ontario Curriculum. We educate students to accomplish the expected academic skills, to become fluent in a second and third language, to become good writers and speakers, to be confident and physically fit, to be practical in life skills, to be trustworthy, to be respectful of others, to be responsible for their world and the ecosystem and to be good leaders and team members.
Private School Education - Based on the Ontario Curriculum: - Programs taught in English
Preschool (Ages 1-4)
- Nursery In our Nursery classes, children enjoy a balanced routine of free choice and structured activities, which are specifically designed to support the key focus: their social, emotional, physical, and language development.
- Pre-Kindergarten (Age 3) The philosophy of our Pre-Kindergarten program is to create a stimulating learning environment that reflects how the students rapidly expanding their knowledge of the world around them.
- Junior Kindergarten (Age 4) The goal of our JK program is to provide students with opportunities to develop skills in preparation for Primary school
Primary School (Ages 5-10) From Kindergarten to Grade 6, children are taught following elements from both, the curriculum from ministry of education of Ontario, Canada and the International Baccalaureate Organization's Primary Program (IBO). Subjects include:
- Language and Communication - Mathematics - Science and Technology - Social Studies - The Arts (Music, Drama, Dance and Visual Arts) - Physical Education - French - Italian - ICT - Library
Middle School (Ages 11-14) Following the Ontario English curriculum combined with Paritaria Italian studies, our Middle School students will be prepared for Italian State Exams as well as the International Baccalaureate.
Located in central Rome, Lazio region in central-western Italy, the American Overseas School of Rome is a fully accredited pre-kindergarten through 12th grade (ages 3-19) institute of learning. The curriculum is that of U.S. general academic, college-preparatory public or private schools. The School offers both the Advanced Placement and the International Baccalaureate programs. Our faculty focuses on the use of consistent assessment to gauge student understanding and to best focus lessons for student learning.
The School's testing program includes the College Board's PSAT, SAT/ACH, and Advanced Placement tests, as well as the full complement of IB examinations. Instruction is in English. French, Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, and Italian are taught as foreign languages. As part of our Italian program Italian students can prepare for the quinta, prima, seconda and terza media exams. In addition to academic subjects we offer an extensive athletics program as well as a fine arts program. The School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is the first school to be granted an International Credential from the Middle States Association.
- Programs from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- U.S. College-Preparatory Curriculum with International Baccalaureate Programs and Advanced Placement Courses
- Pre-Kindergarten (Early Childhood) Program
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Instruction is in English
- Italian Program available for those preparing for Italian State exams
- Key Subjects include math, science, English, social studies, the arts, P.E., computers
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT/ACH
The Bilingual Montessori School of Milan is a preschool for children ages three to six years, located close to the city centre of Milan, Italy. We provide bilingual education to our students: In both classrooms, a team of two teachers, one an Italian speaker and the other an English speaker, collaborate using a bilingual approach to education.
The two teachers take turns with the childrens' activities, while communicating in their native tongues. The bilingual approach is particularly appropriate for a Montessori classroom, where teachers typically emphasize individualized interaction with the students.
The preschool includes two multi-age bilingual Montessori classrooms. The classrooms are designed to provide an accessible, safe and inviting environment for each child. The furniture is child-sized, allowing easy access to a wide range of carefully selected activities around the room. Each child chooses her or his activities freely, feeling safe in the knowledge that the teacher is always nearby and ready to support their efforts.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Italy, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
AMADEUS International School Vienna, the first international boarding school in Vienna, Austria provides private, K-12 day and boarding programmes (from Grade 6) for students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. Our school and on-campus boarding facilities are situated in the beautiful 18th district of Vienna, in a secure, enclosed environment that warmly welcomes students regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion or physical ability.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6.
We strive to deliver the finest academic school programme, which is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for primary and secondary school education. At the same time, we offer intensive classical music training in the AMADEUS Music Academy, as well as AMADEUS Club activities such as art, sports, ballet, world languages, performing arts, music, robotics.
For students whose mother tongue is not English, we provide supplemental language lessons to help them attain the requisite levels in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension.
- For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary / Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5 to 10. Boarding options are available from Grade 6.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- Standard-level High School Diploma Programme for grades 7 to 12
- Intensive classical music training - mandatory for all students
- Highly qualified international school teachers
With two locations, in Bagno a Ripoli, just south of Florence, and on the south side of the Arno in central Florence in the Tuscany region of northern Italy, the International School of Florence is one of the oldest international schools in Europe. Originally catering to an international, Anglophone community, in the more than 57 intervening years, it has grown and changed, developing into a model international school. Among the programs offered are the International Baccalaureate Organisation's Primary Years Program, an integrated Italian equivalency program (grades 1 through 8) for our host country students who wish to prepare for and take the Italian Terza Media exam, and the challenging International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Instruction is in English. Students may also study Italian and French. The school takes advantage of its setting in Florence to study history, art and architecture, and there are frequent field trips to places of interest in the surrounding area. There are elective courses in music, theatre, art, drama, journalism, computers, physical education and yearbook. We are accredited by ECIS and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Programs for pre-kindergarten through grade 13
- Curriculum based on US Models and International Baccalaureate Program with English, Italian, math, science, social studies, technology, theater arts
- Junior School
- Middle School
- Senior School
- Italian Program for Italian Terza Media State exam
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- College Preparation Course SAT
Situated in Frascati, just 20 minutes east of Rome, Little Genius is an alternative international pre-school, nursery and primary school which aims to provide high quality education to children ages 2 ½ to 11 years.
Our programs provide children with an education that emphasizes and encourages critical analysis, creative thinking, opportunity and freedom of thought, whilst instilling or furthering English language skills in children of all abilities.
At Little Genius International we recognize the fact that the nature of our role makes the quality of our staff essential to our success in caring for your child.
For this reason we take care to choose our team from amongst the most educated and prepared personnel who are qualified from a range of education related sciences.
International Nursery and Primary School - ages 2-11 years:
- Curriculum and Exams: British, Italian and ICE methodology
- Summer school
- Afternoon courses
- Saturday school
- English courses for children/adults
- Individual courses in English and Italian for foreigners
- Business English and e-commerce.