Co-ed boarding school in Indiana: Private boarding high school close to Chicago IL area, college preparatory program. Residential education for boys, girls in northwestern Indiana, near La Porte, Michigan City..
La Lumiere School: Situated on a beautiful rural estate in northwest Indiana, 60 miles east of Chicago, La Lumiere is a coeducational boarding and day college-preparatory high school founded in the Catholic tradition. For almost a half-century, La Lumiere School has provided a comprehensive college-preparatory education for qualified young men and women from a rich diversity of backgrounds. Our curriculum, small classes, and dedicated faculty provide an academic environment with emphasis on the individual learner.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Co-Educational Day & Boarding High School (Grades 9-12)
- Our core curriculum provides a traditional foundation in mathematics, the social and physical sciences, theology, morals, foreign language, and English literature and composition.
- The program places special emphasis on critical thinking and the mastery of oral and written communications.
- For the strongest academic students, we offer Advanced courses in Biology, Chemistry, and the modern languages.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Indiana and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
New Creations Chapel is a multi-faceted Christian organization located in East Richmond, Indiana. Our primary focus is a boarding school for teens in transition ages 12-18. We assist teens transitioning from a general state of rebellion to young adulthood.
Our Christian Ministry and Boarding School is big enough to offer sports, television production, horsemanship and choir - yet small enough to minister to the individual.
We offer a highly structured learning environment designed to meet the spiritual, physical and educational needs of the student.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located in LaGrange County, north Indiana, Howe Military School is a co-educational private American middle and high boarding school organized under a military-like structure for Grades 7 -12.
Our military program is not intended to prepare students for military service but to give our students a competitive edge regardless of their career paths.
Graduates credit the self-discipline and organization they learned at Howe for their success in life. As a college preparatory school with AP and college prep courses PSAT, SAT and ACT, we make every effort to enroll only those students we believe will be successful in this academic environment.
Howe is both a great boarding school and internationally ranked institution of learning. Throughout its history, Howe has continued to build on the strong foundation of excellence in teaching, achievement in the arts and leadership that distinguished the school throughout its existence.
Accredited by the ISACS, Howe is prepared to meet the challenges of the new millennium and educate a new generation of leaders.
Military Boarding Programs for Boys & Girls in Grades 7-12:
- Cadet Program designed to give our students a competitive edge regardless of their career path
- College Preparatory Program with English, math, science, social studies, foreign languages, the arts, athletics
- Lower School
- Upper School
- Potential Achievement Rating (PAR) System which challenges each student to attain measurable academic goals
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT and ACT
- Summer Camp
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan and on the banks of the Crystal River in Northwest Michigan, Leelanau is a strength-based small boarding school offering Grades 9-12 to intelligent boys and girls who learn differently, especially those with ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, and similar learning difficulties.
Whether it is in the classroom, in the dorm, in the equestrian ring, on the slopes, or volunteering in the community, everything about Leelanau is a life-enriching experience.
We build on each student’s learning strengths, creatively using hands-on projects and our dramatic natural setting to help students gain a fresh new sense of independence, engagement, and capability.
The Leelanau School’s Residential Life Program works within our mission to “inspire, encourage and support the discovery of individual potential” through teachings from our residential staff and guest speakers as well as unique Life Skills offerings from our entire faculty and staff.
We are accredited by the Independent Schools Association Central States (ISACS).
Co-Educational Boarding and Day Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Prep PSAT and SAT
- Core Subjects include humanities, math, science, fine arts, foreign languages, athletics
- ESL and TOEFL Programs for international students
- Learning Resource Center
- Exploratory Week Program with five-day educational adventures
- Life Skills Program
- Mentor Program
- Summer Programs
Located at the Center for the Arts in Interlochen, 15 miles southwest of Traverse City in northwest Michigan, Interlochen Arts Academy High School is the world's first and foremost fine arts boarding high school for boys and girls in Grades 9-12.
We offer the highest quality training with college-preparatory academics. Interlochen Arts Academy boarding high school prepares young artists for rewarding careers and fosters academic excellence offering programs in creative writing, dance, motion picture arts, music, theatre arts and visual arts.
The academic curriculum includes math, sciences, English, history, political science and world language. Courses are rigorous and often exceed honors or advanced placement levels.
Boarding students at Interlochen Arts Academy live in one of six residence halls. Student rooms are small but comfortable and provide space and furnishings for resting and studying.
The campus is a safe, residential setting where students learn independence and self-reliance sooner than their peers attending other schools - a real advantage when preparing for college.
Co-educational Boarding Programs for High School Students in Grades 9-12:
- College Preparatory Academic Curriculum (math, English, science, history, political science and world languages)
- English as a Second Language
- International students welcome
- Summer Arts Camps
- Adult Arts Program
Fine Arts Programs for high school students including:
- Creative Writing
- Dance such as ballet, modern dance and jazz
- Motion Picture Arts
- Theatre Arts
- Visual Arts