11.Department of Modern Languages, College of Marin, North Bay
Courses / Programs
Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, College of Marin is a community college that provides a wide range of programs to students of all ages living in Marin, San Rafael, San Francisco, and the wider Bay Area. Located in Kentfield (3 miles south-west of San Rafael), our Department of Modern Languages offers quality instruction in a range of languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, French and Italian.
We provide Japanese classes at elementary, intermediate and advanced level that aim to teach you how to speak, read, write, and understand Japanese. In addition, you will learn about Japanese culture, society, ways of thinking as well as a brief history and geography.
The goal of our qualified and experienced Japanese teachers is to enable you to use your Japanese language skills for the future. You may need to learn it for your college major (Japanese, business, economics, Asian study, sciences, computer, etc. ). You may need to learn Japanese for business purposes, for traveling, or for understanding Japanese movies, literature, manga, magazines and essays.
12.ABC Languages, Westchester County & Southern Connecticut
Courses / Programs
Japanese is a fun and rewarding language to learn! Whether you want to improve your Japanese language skills for work purposes or for travel, private tutoring with ABC Languages is the best option for you.
We provide quality one-on-one / small group Japanese lessons to adults, teenagers and children throughout Westchester County NY (including in Yonkers, Mount Vernon, the Bronx, New Rochelle, Greenburgh, White Plains, Peekskill, Rye) and Southern Connecticut (including in Stamford, Norwalk, New Canaan, Darien & surrounding areas).
One-on-one / semi-private Japanese lessons are also the most intensive way to immerse yourself in the language and allow you to learn at your own pace.
With the full attention of your experienced and professional teacher, you will have a customized learning program designed for you that takes into account your interests and your preferred learning style. Total immersion courses are ideal for people relocating to Japan and may include a cross-cultural training component.
Private / Semi-Private Japanese Tutoring:
• Basic Japanese for Beginners
• Intermediate-level Japanese classes
• Advanced Japanese lessons
• Individual/ small group Japanese tutoring for kids & teens (K-12 students)
• Corporate Japanese training for business professionals & organizations
ABC also offers quality private instruction in a range of second languages including:
• Spanish, French, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Russian & English as a Second Language (ESL).
Conveniently located in Mesa AZ, Le Tutor Language School provides quality Japanese language instruction throughout the Phoenix metro area for adults, kids, students and businesses.
We offer convenient Japanese evening classes for adults as well as private Japanese lessons for students of all ages levels - from complete beginner to advanced.
Our dedicated language specialists are passionate about foreign languages, culture, and helping our students understand them. They exemplify our vision and enthusiasm.
Our team is very diverse and hail from countries such as Japan, Belgium, Peru, Russia, Taiwan, and Spain to name just a few.
This diversity enables our team to understand your needs when communicating with a broad range of people and cultures.
As well as offering Japanese classes in Mesa and Phoenix, our private tutoring is also available in the following city regions of Arizona: Apache Junction, Ahwatukee, Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and Glendale AZ.
- Group Japanese evening classes for beginner and intermediate students
- Private Japanese lessons for adults, teenagers & kids
- Corporate Japanese language training for businesses & organizations
- Academic Japanese language tutoring
- Further second languages offered: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Farsi, Arabic, Czech, Russian, Polish, English as a Second Language (ESL) and Sign Language
College of Humanities Undergraduate Programs: Japanese studies at San Francisco State University offer studies in three main areas - language, literature and culture, as well as in translation, interpretation and specialized courses for business applications. The BA degree curriculum satisfies the single subject requirement in Japanese for the California teaching credential. The MA Program is divided into two areas of concentration: Teaching of Japanese as a Foreign Language, and Professional Applications of Japanese Language. Many students enter the Japanese program with definite career goals - teaching, translation, business, and research in diverse academic fields. There are a number of opportunities for study in Japan. Through the CSU International program, selected students may study at Waseda University in Tokyo during their junior year. Scholarships are granted by a local organization and by the Ministry of Education in Japan. Through a University Exchange program, the Japanese program selects students to study at Oita University in Kyushu under a scholarship from the Japanese Ministry of Education.
• ABC Languages is a premier language institute situated in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side. We provide beginner to advanced level Japanese language programs to adults, kids and teens.
• Our popular language school is located at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Flatiron, Koreatown and Midtown Manhattan).
• At ABC, we strive to provide top quality lessons, while also creating a multi-linguistic, multi-national atmosphere of students who come after work, during the day, weekends or any time to learn the language of their choice.
• We also make sure you learn in an effective way. This means teaching you practical, spoken Japanese so you can communicate in the real world, not just in the classroom. We achieve this by keeping our classrooms learner-centered and small in size (maximum 9 students).
• In addition to our Japanese programs, we also provide classes in Arabic, Spanish, French, Italian, English, Portuguese, German, Mandarin, Chinese, and more.
Student Testimonial: "Cool Place! I'm currently learning Japanese at ABC Languages. Classes there making learning a language fun and that's important for harder languages like Japanese. I love the environment and you will too if you decide to learn a language."
To opt-out of any of the three cookie categories below for your current browser, untick its Checkbox below (if ticked), and Save/Update your setting.
Opting out of banner ads being displayed: To support our work & the existence of this website, we display Non-personalized ads from Google in the EU/EEA, and are targeted using contextual information from the opened web page only (Non-personalized ads are not based on a User's past behavior or demographic). While the non-personalized ads are compliant with GDPR requirements, we still enable you to "Opt out" at any time of the non-personalized banner ads display (static images, text -based, rich media ads, mobile full -screen ads that appear between page loads) during your use of this site.Uncheck the Advertising cookies Tickbox, and then click the Update Settings button (for your current browser) in the Green area below.
These necessary cookies allow delivery of the content (and ensure that the content is displayed correctly on pages on your type of device or browser). These browser cookies also make necessary security checks for site stability to help ensure it is normal human browsing behavior and to protect this site from unwanted robot activity.
Functionality cookies allow our website to remember your site preferences & choices including, for example - Username, region and interface language. These site cookies help to ensure registration & login functionality as they enable the tracking of each logged-in User to help boost your User Experience on each page & form.