Jewelry schools in Europe: Jewelry design schools in Italy, jewellery school in Florence, intensive jewelry making programs, short summer courses for tourists, jewelery certificate programs for beginners to advanced students
Ken Scott Design: Ken Scott Design, located within walking distance of the Historic Centre of Florence, Tuscany, Italy, is a Jewelry Design school offering various programs including: certificate programs, intensive courses, history of Jewelry in Florence and short summer programs for tourists. Classes are given in a fully equipped professional studio by a professionally trained Jeweler with 35 years experience.
All classes are taught in the English Language by a professional English speaking Tutor -- Kenneth Scott.
Tourist Jewelry Making Classes “Cellini Course” (Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 12:00): This 4 day course is specifically designed for the visitor to Florence with only a limited time available, to experience the art of Jewelry and it's place in Florentine tradition, from the time of the Renaissance to modern day. This is a hands-on experience, where the participants will realize a fully finished sterling silver, stone-set piece to take home as a reminder of their unique encounter with this facet of Florence. All materials and tools provided.
Course Includes: - A guided tour around Florence visiting all the pertinent sites applicable to the Guild of Goldsmiths in Florence - A lunch to be held at a Trattoria unique to the Jeweler craftsmen of Florence. - Hands on assistance by Kenneth Scott - Lectures on the history and methods employed in the craft of Jewelry making in Florence - A visit to a museum to see examples of Florentine craftsmanship
Intensive 80+40 hour Jewelry Design courses: These courses are tailored to suit the individual requirements of every student. Unlike other classes, where the student is requiredto follow a set syllabus, these courses are based on the standard of ability already achieved by the student and the skills they wish to acquire. Applicants who have prior experience will be required to furnish photographic examples oftheir work to date so a suggested curriculum can be submitted for their approval. Classes will consist of no more than 2 students, this will ensure individual attention from the tutor. All studio facilities are made available to the student, but it is suggested if possible that they supply their own metal and stones. A secure locker is providedfor this purpose.
Course Lengths: - 80 Hours - Monday - Friday: 4 hours per day, 4 weeks - 40 Hours - Monday - Friday: 2 hours per day, 4 weeks or 4 hours per day, 2 weeks.
Subjects: - Settings - Ring Shanks - Collection Development - Finishing Methods - Advanced Techniques - Forging and Smithing - Pricing formulas - Lectures Other Bespoke Classes include: - Introduction to Jewelry making for the beginner - Advanced Bench Techniques for the student with some experience - 1 Month intensive classes both Introduction and Advanced - 2 year Study Certificate Programs
The Liberal Academy of Fine Arts of Florence offers academic courses of 3 plus 2 years (restructured duration) for diplomas at 1st and 2nd level (equivalent to the short degree and specialization degree) in five subjects: Photography, Graphic Design and Multimedia, Design, Painting and Restoration.
Students of the Liberal Academy of Fine Arts of Brescia use the laboratories of the Institute as logistic support. Besides structured university courses the Academy offers further completion with Professional Courses, Liberal Courses and Post-degree Masters in Visual Arts, Photography, Graphic Design and Pedagogy of the Art (the Laba offers scholarships for the Masters students).
The Liberal Academy of Fine Arts is a an institute of top level artistic training. An institute where teachers are professionals in the subjects, the Liberal Academy of Fine Arts has created synergies and cooperation with important institutions both private and public such us: The Cartiere Fedrigoni (international paper mill industry), EX3 - Contemporary Art Centre in Florence, Piaggio Foundation, Alinari Musuem,and so on. Therefore students have the opportunity to start working through training and internships.
• Situated in Copanello, just 5 minutes from the beautiful seaside town of Soverato in the Calabria region of Southern Italy, Italian Culinary Institute (formerly Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts) is one of Europe's finest chef training academies.
• Founded by Chef John Nocita, ICI presents Italy's most advanced culinary programs for professional chefs, pastry chefs, students, serious home cooks & epicureans. Courses (taught in English or Italian) include full immersion culinary, baking, pastry and gelato programs, with 1-week, 2-week, & 3-month study options available.
• Each of our culinary arts programs include quality hotel accommodation, meals with wine, course materials, culinary travel, market visits, and more!
Student Reviews: "Life changing experience. They approach all culinary endeavors paying due respect to the ingredients being used" - Mark, USA
"Studying at ICI was among the most amazing experiences of my life. I attended courses both as a student and was then invited to be an assistant to Chefs John and Nic. Not only did I get a Great Education but the setting overlooking the Ionian Sea was absolutely marvelous and breathtaking." - Charles, USA
"Attending ICI was the best investment I have ever made for my future. Not only did we learn everything about authentic regional Italian cuisine and become better industry professionals, I learned how to taste and trust my palate. Chef John is a true master and will always be a mentor to me." - Mike, USA
Professional Italian Cooking Courses / Chef Training (in English & Italian)
• Pastry, Desserts & Specialty Breads
• Artisan Italian Gelato: Ice Cream Making Technique & Production
• Artisan Italian Cheese Making
• Traditional Italian Charcuterie: Curing Meats, Sausage Making & Artisanal Salumi
• Foundation of Italian Regional Cuisine: Curing, Pickling & Sun-drying
• Advanced Mediterranean Cuisine
• Italian Culinary Exploration (Gourmet course)
The Accademia dell\'Arte in Arezzo, Tuscany (50km South of Florence, Italy) is a premier study abroad program in the arts. The Accademia draws its faculty from among outstanding practicing artists internationally.
Those who come to study at the Accademia dell'Arte will experience high level training in theatre studies, vocal arts, dance, film production, art history, drawing and Italian language. Experience the tapestry of Italian culture while gaining invaluable training in your craft. Housing is on campus in our 16th c. villa, or in comparable housing in Arezzo.
Hendrix College, Arkansas, is the accrediting college partner with Accademia dell'Arte for the Undergraduate program and Mississippi University for Women is the accrediting partner for the MFA program.
Study abroad program that facilitates university and college students of the performing arts, with both undergraduate programs and a graduate MFA program.
Semesters offered -- Fall and Spring, three Summer programs (one to include performance in the Arezzo Festival). Areas of study are theatre, music (voice and instrument), dance and Italian studies during the semester. Summer programs include options in theatre, dance, film production, art history, drawing and Italian language.
• Study Italian cuisine in the heart of Florence with Florence Culinary Arts School. We provide a wide range of Professional Chef courses year round and in summer, with long-term and short-term study options to students from around the world.
• In addition to our complete culinary training programs, we also provide short specialized courses and custom Italian Home Cooking programs.
• You will cover a range of recipes - from traditional to modern dishes. In addition, you will be exposed to the latest international culinary trends, as well as acquiring up to date information on culinary business practice.
• Our graduates are now playing active roles in diverse fields in the Italian culinary business worldwide. Our students gain hands-on culinary experience in Italy.
• What better place to learn about food than Florence - the capital of Fine Arts. The city is well known worldwide for its artistic heritage, but is also prominent in the field of gastronomy.
• Florence is blessed with a wide variety of ingredients, as Tuscany is known as the heart of Italian culinary tradition.
• Students in all of our courses are encouraged to learn from various experiences, not only to study in the school, but to go out and discover the wonders of Italian food.
Italian Cuisine Professional Chef Courses: • Chef Training + Restaurant Internship
• Italian Cuisine Chef Training Course (8 weeks)
• Italian Cuisine Quick Learning Course (6 weeks)
Further Food & Beverage Courses: • Italian Home Cooking classes
• 1-Day Short Cooking courses
• Restaurant Internship course
• Italian Language + Restaurant Internship
• Barista course
• Gelato course
• Sommelier course
• Italian Cooking Summer course
• Italian Cooking Christmas course
• Group training for Foreign Culinary Schools
The Florence Institute's courses teach the foundation of Italian design by combining modern technologies with Italy’s imaginative culture. By combining tradition, theory and technology the design school program gives a detailed understanding of the Italian creative process. The latest software is instructed and applied to challenging assignments that encourage creative thinking. Lessons in the Italian language are part of each student’s education.