Ferrara's Beauty School: Ferrara's Beauty School (FBS) is one of the premier beauty course training providers in New York. Our campus is based in Forest Hills, Queens, and we provide training in Hairdressing & Cosmetology, Nail Technology, and Make-up Application.
Upon completion and graduation, students are prepared to file for a temporary license. After receiving a temporary license, the student will be allowed to seek employment. Students can then take the NYS State Board exam and then receive their permanent NYS Hairdressing / Cosmetology license.
Course Curriculum: - Anatomy and Physiology (15 hours) - Chemical Restructuring (180 hours) - Chemistry as applies to Cosmetology (5 hours) - Hair Analysis (10 hours) - Hair and Scalp - Disorders and Diseases (10 hours) - Hair Color and Lightening (180 hours) - Hair Cutting and Shaping (175 hours) - Hair Styling (245 hours) - Nail Care and Procedures (40 hours) - Professional Requirements (24 hours) - Safety and Health (26 hours) - Shampoos, Rinses, Conditioners and Treatments (30 hours) - Skin Care and Procedures (60 hours)
Nail Technology Course: - Duration: 250 hours. Modules include:
- Anatomy and Physiology (13 hours) - Bacteria and Infectious Diseases (16 hours) - Business Practices (14 hours) - Client Consultation (6 hours) - Gel Nails (20 hours) - Infection Control (11 hours) - Job Skills (6 hours) - Liquid and Powder (50 hours) - Manicuring / Massage (20 hours) - Nail Art (10 hours) - Nail Wraps (25 hours) - Orientation (4 hours) - Pedicuring (17 hours) - Safety and Health (8 hours) - State Board Prep (15 hours) - Tip Application (15 hours)
Vassar College, located in Poughkeepsie, in the heart of the Hudson Valley (75 miles north of New York City), New York State, is a highly selective, coeducational, residential, liberal arts college offering the Bachelor of Arts (A.B.) degree in more than 50 majors. Consistently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the country, Vassar is renowned for pioneering achievements in education, for its long history of curricular innovation, and for the beauty of its campus.
Vassar students are a remarkably diverse group – representing 50 states and 50 foreign countries, from every socioeconomic background, ethnicity, religion, political ideology, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. This diversity isn’t by chance – it’s by design. The college is committed to creating a more just, diverse, egalitarian, and inclusive community.
Vassar College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
Canisius College, located in the Delaware Park district of north-central Buffalo, New York, is a private Catholic college offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of Arts and Sciences, Business Education and Human Services. Canisius College is accredited by the Middle States Association Commission on Higher Education, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Canisius espouses the ideal of academic excellence along with a sense of responsibility to use one's gifts for the service of others and the benefit of society. It seeks to promote the intellectual and ethical life of its students, helping to prepare them for productive careers as well as for meaningful personal lives and positive contributions to human progress. Its curricular and co-curricular programs are designed to educate the whole person through development of intellectual, moral, spiritual, and social qualities. It aims to promote the contemporary Jesuit mission of the service of faith and the promotion of justice.
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science (BA and BS)
- Criminal Justice
- Information Systems
- International Business
& many more ...
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Full and part time MBA
- Communication & Leadership
- Education & Human Services
& many more ...
- Also offering special & Pre-Professional Programs ..
St. Lawrence University, located in Canton, Saint Lawrence County, New York State, is a private, four-year liberal arts college offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The mission of St. Lawrence University is to provide an inspiring and demanding undergraduate education in the liberal arts to students selected for their seriousness of purpose and intellectual promise.
St. Lawrence University is named for the St. Lawrence River, which is about 15 miles from campus and offers our students and faculty a wonderful research facility, and is the site of our crew team practices and competitions. The St. Lawrence River forms the border with Canada, and our Canadian Studies program has been one of the best of its kind in the United States.
St. Lawrence is accredited by the Middle State Association of Colleges and Universities. The teacher education program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
City College's mission emphasizes access and excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and research. Requiring demonstrated potential for admission and a high level of accomplishment for graduation, the College provides a diverse student body with exceptional opportunities to participate in creative intellectual pursuits. The College is led by a faculty committed to the advancement of knowledge and the guidance of students in the attainment of rigorous academic goals. Undergraduate programs include significant coursework in the liberal arts and sciences. Distinguished graduate programs at the master's and doctoral levels, and a concomitant dedication to scholarly research, complement the College's commitment to excellence in undergraduate education.
Located in Midtown NYC, The Manhattan Institute is an Allied Health & Nursing Career school offering fully-accredited, short-term certificate and diploma programs.
The Manhattan Institute is also a New York State official testing site. This entitles our graduates to take State exams at our school as soon as they complete their training.
Our school specializes in short-term training of: Medical Billers, Phlebotomy Technicians, Pharmacy Technicians, Certified Nurse's Assistants, EKG Technicians, Nurse Technicians, and Dialysis Technicians and we do it right.
We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Our tuition is low and you can pay as you go. All students receive a diploma and life time placement advisement upon graduation.
The Manhattan Institute is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). The Manhattan Institute is the school which would like to give you the opportunity to improve your stature, qualify for gainful employment, and receive all the benefits which go along with being an Allied Health Worker.
"I am proof that it is never too late to go back to school. The Manhattan Institute is a very “hands-on” facility. From your first day to your last day of class, the staff helps you pursue your career. I definitely recommend the Manhattan Institute if you are interested in a medical career."
- Stacey, MEDICAL BILLER