Private boarding school in New Hampshire: College prep boarding school in New England for boys & girls, co-ed residential programs for high school students from Nashua, Manchester, ME, CT, MA, VT, RI, IL, PA, FL, TX, NY, NJ, CA, NC, NV, Northeast USA..
Phillips Exeter Academy: Situated in Exeter, Rockingham County NH, 50 miles north of Boston, Phillips Exeter Academy is a co-educational residential school serving Grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level.
Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgraduate Level: - Challenging College Preparatory Curriculum with 450 subjects including anthropology, art, classical languages, computer science, economics, English, history, math, modern languages, music, theater & dance
Also available: - Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT & ACT
- Transition to American Culture & Language for International Students
- Special summer programs
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Hampshire and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Haverhill, Grafton County, New Hampshire, the Oliverian School is a private, alternative college-preparatory boarding school. Nestled on a 1,800-acre campus in beautiful Northern New Hampshire, the Oliverian School provides an inspiring, supportive, and challenging educational alternative for students in grades 9-12.
Here in the mountains of New Hampshire, in a unique school environment that combines stewardship, academics, and adventure, students find support, inspiration and success. Dormitories are structured to promote a family-like atmopshere, which in turn interact with the larger Oliverian community.
Oliverian students come from all over the country from a variety of different circumstances and traditions. The school aims to serve students who are academically capable of serious work and aspire to a college education, but who are not succeeding or have not found success in traditionally structured schools.
A student with minimal learning difficulties will find success at Oliverian. Diverse, motivating and thought-provoking offerings at Oliverian afford possibilities for each student to build competency and character in a secure and healthy school setting.
Co-Ed Boarding Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with core areas focusing on science, language arts, mathematics, social studies and foreign languages as well as the areas of stewardship, experiential education, health and physical education and the fine arts
- ACT and SAT Test Preparation
- Electives Weeks to allow students to explore new interests while gaining academic credit
- Personal Growth Adventure Program
- Athletics and Leisure Program
NYMA is a leadership centered, coed, college prep boarding school in the Hudson River Valley of New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. NYMA has been education future leaders of business, industry and politics for over 100 years.
NYMA prepares students for the challenges of college. By the time they graduate, NYMA cadets will have had access to: a variety of meaningful leadership experiences; a robust curriculum geared toward 21st century priorities (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication.); and a solid core of lifetime fitness and outdoor learning skills. These are the intangibles that make NYMA a unique educational experience.
New Hampton School is an independent boarding and day school serving boys and girls in grades 9-12 and at postgraduate level. We are located in the center of the small village of New Hampton, Belknap County, New Hampshire, 100 miles north of Boston.
Offering the International Baccalaureate Program, New Hampton School prepares students for life-long learning through self-discovery, authentic relationships, civic responsibility, and global citizenship offering honors, advanced placement and college prep courses ACT and SAT.
We enhance the potential of students and promote academic success and development of caring community members.
Our students are talented artists, athletes, and leaders who often learn best through hands-on experiences. Approximately two-thirds of our student body resides on campus, housed in thirteen dormitories.
Apartments adjoining each dormitory house faculty and their families. Dormitories vary in occupancy size from seven to just over 30 students, and each has a unique layout. A rich life is afforded students through participation in academic and co-curricular activities, but their leisure time is of prime importance, too.
Co-educational Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgraduate:
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Challenging Foundations of Learning Curriculum with honors and Advanced Placement Courses as well as college prep courses SAT and ACT
- Key Subjects include English, history, mathematics, science, visual and performing arts, world languages, athletics
- English as Second Language Program
- Experiential Learning
- Exchange Trips to China
- Academic Support
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.
The Greenwood School, located in Putney, southeastern Vermont, is a pre-preparatory boarding and day school for boys ages 9-14 who have been diagnosed with one of the following difficulties:
Dyslexia; specific language-based learning disabilities / learning differences (LD); receptive language and/or expressive language deficits; executive functioning deficits; attentional difficulties (ADD or ADHD); disorders of written expression; dysgraphia; or speech and language needs.
In fact, a combination of these learning disabilities / learning differences (LD) are often clustered together in most Greenwood students’ learning profiles. Despite their learning challenges, our students are highly intelligent and have significant talents in the arts, in woodworking, or in athletics.
Pre-preparatory Boarding & Day School for Boys Ages 9-14:
- Individualized remedial language training
- History and Social Studies
- Art, Music, and Drama
- Remedial Speech
- Social Pragmatics
- Computer Technology
- Physical Ed. & Sports
- Summer Program...