Phillips Exeter Academy:
Phillips Exeter Academy is a co-educational residential school serving Grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level in Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire (50 miles north of Boston). Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
- The founder of Phillips Exeter Academy defined its mission more than two centuries ago. "Above all," John Phillips stated, "it is expected that the attention of instructors to the disposition of the minds and morals of the youth under their charge will exceed every other care; well considering that though goodness without knowledge is weak and feeble, yet knowledge without goodness is dangerous, and that both united form the noblest character, and lay the surest foundation of usefulness to mankind."
- Exeter today continues the commitment to unite knowledge and goodness. It seeks students who combine proven academic ability, intellectual curiosity, and tenacity with decency and good character.
- At the Academy, exacting inquiry and thoughtful discourse foster the life of the mind, instruction and activity promote fitness and health, and the daily interactions of a residential school nurture integrity, empathy, and kindness.
Many of our teachers are professional artists and performers and are uniquely qualified to help students at every level of artistic development further their talents and interests.
Their flexible approach to teaching the visual and performing arts allows students to proceed at their own pace, comfortable to experiment and explore.
Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 & Postgraduate Level:
- Challenging College Preparatory Curriculum with 450 subjects including anthropology, art, classical languages, computer science, economics, English, history, math, modern languages, music, theater & dance
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses SAT & ACT
- Transition to American Culture & Language for International Students
- Special programs with summer learning, field courses, study abroad and foreign language programs
Exeter is truly and completely a residential school. Being a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week place where students live, learn and create their own community, being a diverse and even international community, and being able to educate in a way that is real and complete gives life to our mission.
At Exeter, we welcome students from farms, suburbs and cities, from five continents and every state, young people of every religion and ethnicity to be here, to live here, to learn here, and to be connected to each other as part of a unique community that seeks knowledge and goodness together.
Exeter has 29 dorms housing 815 students: 20 dorms of 18-60 students from all and nine houses that are home to 10-16 uppers and seniors.
Most people stay in the same dorm until they graduate, so dorms become very tight and develop unique dorm traditions, which may involve extended periods of laughter, costumes, and/or pizza. When you're new, dorms give you an instant pack of friends.
Whether it's the drama department rehearsing a scene under a shady tree, the collective voice of the orchestra spilling out of a rehearsal hall into the street, or a dance group's thunderous stage performance echoing across a courtyard, it's difficult not to notice and become swept up in the arts at Exeter.
By directing a play or producing a student-run art show, starting a rock band or creating an architectural project for gallery exhibition, students develop collaborative skills, build confidence and learn lessons not only about their artistic endeavors, but about life as well.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 20 Main Street, Exeter, New Hampshire , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2023 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.