Cardigan Mountain School: Located in New Hampshire, in the beautiful New England region of the northeastern United States, Cardigan Mountain School (CMS) is an accredited boarding and day middle school for boys in Grades 6-9. CMS offers a close-knit community that prepares middle school boys – in mind, body, and spirit – for responsible and meaningful lives in a global society.
Boarding & Day Middle School for Boys:
- Core Courses: English, history, math, science, a world language (French, Latin, or Spanish), and Personalized Education for the Acquisition of Knowledge and Skills (PEAKS), Building Confidence in English (BCE).
- Additional Courses: Competitive athletics program, creative arts offerings, and an abundance of extracurricular activities.
Phillips Exeter Academy is a co-educational residential school serving Grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level in Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire (50 miles north of Boston). Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
An Exeter education with college prep and advanced placement courses, study abroad options and summer programs prepares students to use the skills learned at school in all life's endeavors.
Exeter is truly and completely a residential school. Being a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week place where students live, learn and create their own community, being a diverse and even international community, and being able to educate in a way that is real and complete gives life to our mission.
At Exeter, we welcome students from farms, suburbs and cities, from five continents and every state, young people of every religion and ethnicity to be here, to live here, to learn here, and to be connected to each other as part of a unique community that seeks knowledge and goodness together.
Brewster Academy is a a co-educational boarding and day school for Grades 9-12 that focuses on technology. Located in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire (2 hours north of Boston), we provide students with the academic, personal, and social skills necessary for success in a university or college, and for life.
Our curriculum, delivered using best practice methodologies, aims to maximize retention of skills and content through a collaborative, student-centered, mastery-learning program.
It is recommended that students enroll in the most challenging courses possible and, where appropriate, elect Advanced Placement and accelerated levels. Brewster graduates record more than a 95 percent retention rate from their freshman to sophomore year in college compared to the national average of about 75 percent.
High School Boarding / Day Programs for Stundents in Grades 9-12:
Subjects / courses include:
- Foreign Language
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Academic Support Programs
- Instructional Support (IS) Program
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
Located in St. Johnsbury, Vermont, St. Johnsbury Academy is a private, independent, coeducational boarding and day school enrolling students in Grades 9-12.
Serving young people from more than 50 Vermont and New Hampshire towns and boarding students from more than 25 countries and as many U.S. states, the Academy is a remarkably diverse community that actively encourages each student, teacher, and staff member to Dream Big.
St. Johnsbury Academy is a member of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the National Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England, and the Vermont Independent Schools Association.
Co-Ed Boarding & Day School for Students in Grades 9-12:
- Postgraduate year
- Advanced Placement program
- ESL - English as a Second Language
- Fine Arts
- Health and Wellness
- Senior Capstone
- Social Studies
- STeM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)...
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from New Hampshire and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located in Haverhill, Grafton County, New Hampshire, the Oliverian School is a private, alternative college-preparatory boarding school. Nestled on a 1,800-acre campus in beautiful Northern New Hampshire, the Oliverian School provides an inspiring, supportive, and challenging educational alternative for students in grades 9-12.
Here in the mountains of New Hampshire, in a unique school environment that combines stewardship, academics, and adventure, students find support, inspiration and success. Dormitories are structured to promote a family-like atmopshere, which in turn interact with the larger Oliverian community.
Oliverian students come from all over the country from a variety of different circumstances and traditions. The school aims to serve students who are academically capable of serious work and aspire to a college education, but who are not succeeding or have not found success in traditionally structured schools.
A student with minimal learning difficulties will find success at Oliverian. Diverse, motivating and thought-provoking offerings at Oliverian afford possibilities for each student to build competency and character in a secure and healthy school setting.
Co-Ed Boarding Programs for Students in Grades 9-12:
- College preparatory curriculum with core areas focusing on science, language arts, mathematics, social studies and foreign languages as well as the areas of stewardship, experiential education, health and physical education and the fine arts
- ACT and SAT Test Preparation
- Electives Weeks to allow students to explore new interests while gaining academic credit
- Personal Growth Adventure Program
- Athletics and Leisure Program
• The Academy of the Holy Family (AHF) is an accredited Catholic day and boarding high school for American and international young women in Grades 9-12.
• Our school is located in Baltic, a town in the state of Connecticut in the New England region of north-eastern USA (approximately 2 hours from Boston and 2,5 hours from NYC).
• Our mission is to provide young women with a strong sense of Christian values and a challenging academic program empowering each individual to reach her spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. We welcome new students throughout the year.
• Owned and operated by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, we have a rich tradition of educating young women in excellence for over 130 years.
• Young women have opportunities to thrive in this nurturing atmosphere, allowing them to reach their full spiritual, intellectual, moral and social potential. Our graduates attend a wide range of colleges and universities across the country.
• College Preparation, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available.
• Students attend small, family like classes taught by dedicated religious and lay staff.
• Subjects include: Religion; English; Mathematics; Science; Foreign Language; Social Studies; Fine Arts; Computer; Family Studies; Physical Education. ESL English is offered for our international students.
• We provide boarding for both American and international students.