Special education programs in NJ: Therapeutic schools in New York area for kids with learning disabilities, special needs school for troubled youth, programs for teenagers, adolescents with emotional issues, ADD, ADHD, Aspergers Syndrome....
Stepping Stone School: Stepping Stone School located in Bloomsbury, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, is a private, day school with a therapeutic emphasis serving Children and Adolescents with Emotional Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Asperger's Syndrome, ADD & ADHD and more. An individualized instructional and therapeutic program is provided as an integral part of the school experience. More than 800 students, as well as their families have benefited from the program since its inception. The Stepping Stone Program strives to create an appropriate balance between a student's emotional and academic needs. The school climate is based on trust, caring, cooperation and respect for the individual needs of each child.
Stepping Stone School provides all its students, a state certified program, with a curriculum aligned to fulfill the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards (NJCCS). In addition, Stepping Stone School complies with The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
* Individualized instruction through small class settings with a special education teacher and at least one full time aide in each room. * Intensive individual and group counseling for students and families. * School-to-work skills and career awareness * Social skills development * Speech correction * Affective education * Problem solving training * Behavior modification for personal responsibility development * Support and encouragement with every endeavor * College preparation for students who will pursue post secondary education * Physical education with emphasis on exercise, health and nutrition * Extended school year program
HearMyHands provides American Sign Language workshops, classes and tutoring for all ages (babies, infants, children and adults) in the South Jersey area.
Kristy, owner, is a speech language pathologist with an extensive background in American Sign Language. She is a masters level certified Signing Time instructor in South Jersey. She has been a member of the Sign2Me Presenters Network since 2006.
Clockwork Learning Center, conveniently located in Chester, Morris County, New Jersey, is a private school providing early childhood education programs to children from six weeks to six years of age. The commitment we have to quality, feeds its way throughout our centers by way of our qualified and caring staff, personally selected toys and equipment, and our educational resources and programs. It is this combination of excellent facilities and an outstanding team of staff that allows us to provide the highest quality of care, promoting positive growth and development of your child.
The Wardlaw-Hartridge School, located in Edison, Middlesex County, NJ, is an accredited, independent, coeducational, college-preparatory day school offering Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 programs. Wardlaw-Hartridge today is a school with an honored past that looks forward to a vital future. In some ways, we are not a typical independent school. We fly the flags of literally dozens of nations that represent the recent ancestry of our diverse student body. The student art that enlivens all of our hallways is rich with these multiple influences and traditions.
We are committed to integrating technology, world languages and the arts into our liberal arts curriculum beginning with our youngest students. Our teachers routinely ask our students to pull ideas from multiple disciplines, and to express these ideas clearly in writing and in public speech.
Saint Aloysius School located in Jackson, New Jersey, is an accredited Catholic Elementary School providing an academic education for grades Pre K (4 years old) through eighth grade. Academically, we invite our students to become enthusiastic learners by immersing them in various styles of learning. Understanding that children bring their God-given talents to the classrooms, we pose the question “How are you smart?” not “How smart are you?” We achieve this by providing a curriculum that promotes hands-on experiences, creative and critical thinking skills, independent and cooperative learning.
Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for a flexible and affordable homeschool education option for your son or daughter?
• Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) is an NCAA-approved online homeschool provider that offers a range of flexible options for K-12 students in New Jersey and throughout the U.S.
• Based in Florida, access to our online courses is available 24/7. On successful completion of the program, high school seniors are awarded a homeschool diploma, and an official transcript stating they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• Accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC), we also offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes, college entrance assistance, and summer classes in addition to our K-12 curriculum.
• Our program also provides clubs and special events that are held live online so that your student can interact with other students.