Admissions to private schools in Canada: Private schools in Ontario, Toronto, private high schools Vancouver BC, Alberta. Private secondary schools, middle schools, private elementary schools, preschools, international schools, IB programs, coed private boarding schools for international students (boys & girls, expats), bilingual schools.
• NSL Mondial is a leading facilitator of admissions to private and public high schools in Ottawa, Ontario for international students from around the world as well for locally-based students.
• Our partner private boarding school in Ottawa (a college preparatory school) offers Grades 9, 10, 11 and Grade 12 courses needed to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
• This really is a true international school - with students from around the world & from within our own local community!
• #1 Ranked high school education system in the world.
• 100% university placement rate to date.
• 60 Student Capacity, with average class size of 10 students.
• Teacher-to-student ratio of 1:8.
• Excellent, safe boarding facilities.
• ESL support classes (for non-native English speakers).
• NSL Mondial is also a highly experienced facilitator of admissions for international students to English language schools and summer camps in Ottawa, Ontario, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal Quebec (French also) as well as across the USA.
• For the international high school student, Ottawa, the capital and fifth largest city in Canada, offers the most educated population among all Canadian cities, and is home to a number of renowned post-secondary colleges, as well as research & cultural institutions, and numerous museums.
• Ease of access: Ottawa is just 4 hours by train from Toronto, and a 1 hour flight. It is served by Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport which is Ontario's second-busiest airport.
International Boarding School programs in Ottawa, Ontario:
Welcoming international students from around the world.
• Secondary School Diploma - Grades 9-12
• Academic Grades 10, 11 & 12 credits go towards the Ontario (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
• University Qualification Year
• 4-week High School Credit Summer Program
English Language Courses for international boarding students:
• ESL Foundation Year Program
• 3 hours of IELTS exam preparation training per week
• ESL Camps throughout the year
• Keystone Toronto International High School in downtown Toronto was established by Keystone International Schools group (founded in Istanbul, Turkey) with the aim of providing the children of expats in Canada as well as international students studying abroad with the wonderful opportunity of high school studies (grades 9-12) in Ontario, in preparation for a smooth transition into post-secondary education in North America.
• At Keystone Toronto, students follow the Ontario curriculum, while learning key self-management skills needed for later success in higher education. Apart from the core curriculum subjects, students choose their electives based on their interests and potential career choices (with the aid of their parents, or guardians, teachers and guidance counselor).
• In preparation for college & university, Keystone Toronto International High School teaches students to think about what they learn, to understand, analyze, investigate, formulate, and propose logical solutions to non-routine problems. Students are taught to be resourceful, to connect their learning to real-life issues, to organize tasks, and manage their time to meet deadlines.
• International students are placed in carefully selected homestays with a local family, with our student coordinator maintaining daily contact with the students and weekly contact with the families. Keystone students are immersed in the Canadian culture, customs and values, therefore easing their adaptation period.
Situated in Ottawa ON, the Académie de la Capitale is an independent, bilingual, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6. We also provide an intermediate secondary school programme, with Grade 9 - 12 courses leading to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Founded in 1988, the Académie was the first authorized IB PYP school in the Ottawa/Outaouais region, and is now the only school offering the PYP in a French/bilingual co-educational setting. We are currently working towards obtaining the authorization for the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), for students in Grade 7 to 10.
Our mission is to create a village where consideration and respect for others are valued; and where inquiry, interaction, and innovation are the ingredients for academic achievement, through experiential learning.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students ages 3 to Grade 6:
- Disciplines include Language, Math, Science &Technology, Social Studies, and the Arts
- Intermediate secondary school programme
- Grades 9-12 (Secondary School Diploma)
- Bilingual preschool programme for toddlers 18-36 months
- 12 month programme for students ages 3-5
- French-language day camp during the summer months
- English with intensive French option for the PYP, for ages 3-6
e2-e4! Chess for Kids is a private company located in Vancouver, BC, whose purpose is teaching chess to children and to all who wish to comprehend the secrets of the world's most popular intellectual game. Our chess lessons can be taught through English and / or Russian. We have various locations throughout the Metro Vancouver Area in Richmond, Burnaby and Vancouver. We offer group and individual chess lessons with teachers who have years of experience teaching.
Chess is a board game and mental sport for two players. It is played on a square board of 8 rows and 8 columns, giving 64 squares of alternating colour, light and dark.
There are many benefits of learning chess. A child learns to think independently and make decisions. Even the simplest solution (which figure to make a move), teach the children independence and responsibility. While studying chess, the child learns to focus on one process. It produces perseverance. The child develops spatial imagination and creativity skills.
Freehand School of Art is conveniently located on Yonge Street in Toronto (6 blocks north of Lawrence on the East Side of the city), and offers children and adults art courses and summer art immersion day camps for kids. We provide a focused and informative approach to art instruction which allows students to discover the expressive possibilities of new materials and techniques.
At Freehand School of Art, our aim is to engage our students with the world around them using eye, mind and hand. There is a fundamental drive in all of us to create. Young children naturally express what they see, think and feel though their artwork. Often, this natural process becomes inhibited as they grow up. We are committed to nurturing creativity in young children and re-igniting it in everyone else.
Freehand School of art is owned and operated by Vivian East who brings a high level of expertise in art education gained in more than 30 years of involvement in arts communities in Toronto, and Julia Ramdeholl who brings current perspectives on the arts to the school.
Both partners are qualified teachers, members of the Ontario College of Teachers and the Ontario Society for Education through Art.
* Early Years Art classes:
- Start With Art: Ages 4-6 years
- Start with Art-Picture Books
- Start with Art-Famous Artists
* Elementary Children's Art classes:
- Painting: Ages 7-10 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 7-10 years
- Mixed Media: Ages 7-10 years
- Printmaking: Ages 8-14 years
- Sculpture Workshop: Ages 8-14 years
- Drawing from Life: Ages 11-14 years
- Drawing on the Imagination: Ages 11-14 years
- Painting: Ages 11-14 years
* High School Students Art classes
* Adults Art classes & more...
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy (Metro Prep) is an independent, private middle school and high school program located in mid-town Toronto in Southern Ontario that prepares both Canadian and international students for success at university level and beyond. Our school fully supports your child’s potential and will help your child gain entrance and succeed at the university of their choice.
Founded in 1982, Metro Prep Academy provides a supportive yet challenging academic environment. The school was started with the belief that educators possessing the right attitude can have a profound impact on a student’s life. Our strength lies in developing the whole individual, through the personal relationships established with students and their families.
Metropolitan Preparatory Academy is committed to fostering the intellectual, physical, social and creative potential of university-oriented students through a supportive yet challenging academic environment. Students graduating from Metro Prep are poised for success with the rigours of university and beyond.
- Middle school program (Grades 7-8): We provide a nurturing & supportive environment & a structured high school preparation program.
- High school program (Grades 9-12): We provide an excellent all-round academic environment for a young adult to acquire and master the skill sets of an independent learner. Students become confident & analytical.
- In addition to academics, Metro Prep offers a range of school athletics, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
Venta Preparatory School located just west of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is a small day and boarding school for students from Senior Kindergarten to Grade 10. At Venta we are committed to the ideal of helping our students reach the full unfolding of their personalities and achieve to their highest intellectual potential.
At Venta our students enjoy a safe and happy learning environment, and a style of education designed with each individual child in mind.
- Kindergarten to Grade 10
- Maximum class size of 12
- Individual Attention
- A High Level of Performance Monitoring
- Supervised Homework Periods
- Daily Physical Education
- Mandatory Music and Art
- Flexible Before-and-After School Care
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Science Fairs
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Soccer field
& more ...
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Havergal College is a preeminent girls' school for 900 students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our Boarding School is home to 50 Canadian and International students in Grades 9 to 12.
Established in 1894, the school's mission is to prepare young women to make a difference in their chosen pursuits by enabling each student to develop her full intellectual, spiritual and physical potential. At Havergal, students learn how to become effective anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The Havergal Old Girls network is connected with more than 8,000 Old Girls living in more than 50 countries around the world.
Students benefit from the many opportunities to develop their whole self—their full intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical potential. Our research-based approach to curriculum development and delivery draws upon the best contemporary and traditional educational methodologies. A Havergal education prepares students for a lifetime of learning, leadership and limitless possibilities.
- Junior School: Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 & 8
- Senior School: Grades 9-12
- Boarding Programs for Grades 9-12 for Canadian & international students
- Arts courses such as drama, visual arts, multimedia arts, vocals, band, strings & more
- Curricular and co-curricular athletics programs
- French, Spanish, Latin & Mandarin language courses
- Social sciences courses in Harkness-style classrooms ideal for discussion-based learning
- Advanced Placement courses in the Senior School
Wisdom Academy is an independently-operated private high school located in Toronto, Southern Ontario. Wisdom Academy offers high school education and credit programs for students who wish to obtain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma Certificate. We are a semestered school and our programs are offered year-round.
Wisdom Academy is accredited and inspected by the Ministry of Education, Ontario. We are dedicated to providing quality academic programs to our students meeting their individual learning needs, and committed to academic excellence and to each student’s success in learning by developing student’s confidence and passion for learning.
At Wisdom Academy, all our high school education programs are based on the Ontario Secondary School curriculum. Students will be able to gain high school credits towards the Ontario High School Diploma by completing their courses on a part-time / full-time basis. Students will be able to select the best program that suits their requirements among our day programs, evening programs, night programs & summer programs.
We also offer a fast track program for students who can not attend the regular programs and want to complete the program faster.
Blyth Academy is proud to offer an affordable private school option to Ottawa. Our campus in Westboro Village offers a comprehensive full-time high school program, as well as part-time, private, semi-private, night time and summer school classes.
Our Ottawa campus is a school of 70 students. This allows us to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses.
When combined with first-class care and great teaching, wonderful things happen and our students flourish. Come tour our campus and learn more about our unique programming.
- Full-time School Programs
- Grade 9-10: Foundations Program
- Grade 11-12: University Preparation Program
- Part-time Courses
- Private and Semi-Private Courses
- Repeat Courses
- Blyth Academy Online
- Academics for Athletes
- Summer School