Page Private School, Costa Mesa:
Founded in 1908, Page Private School is a nonsectarian, co-educational school serving infants through to 8th grade in Costa Mesa, Orange County in Southern CA. We also have campuses in Garden Grove in Northern Orange County, Hancock Park and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, as well as in Orlando and Sanford, FL Since our founding more than 100 years ago, our mission has never wavered; Page offers preschool with potty training program, extended hours, summer program and advanced curriculum to provide the best student and family centered education to our communities.
Educational Programs for Students in Pre-K through Grade 8:
* Infant and Toddler Program:
The experiences at the beginning of a child’s life are crucial to healthy brain and character development. Page has designed a nurturing, creative world for infants and toddlers to help their minds and bodies develop. Personal cribs, separate areas for changing and feeding, ensure clean eating and sleeping spaces. Our state-of-the-art infant and toddler care rooms were designed with babies and toddlers in mind.
* Summer Program:
Make a Splash at Page Private School’s summer program. Page summer program has many exciting activities for students including sports, arts and crafts, theme weeks, water activities, computer lab, and field trips for all grade levels. Page provides a summer packed with fun, learning and opportunities for your child to create lifelong memories and learn important skills for the new school year.
* Early Childhood Program:
Our nurturing staff will use creativity, play, music and movement and other developmentally appropriate activities to introduce your child to problem solving, critical thinking skills and propel their love for learning.
Page Private School’s early childhood education program is designed to engage and excite each child towards his or her full potential. Page’s early childhood education program nurtures young learners natural curiosity and helps build confidence and independence by providing activities to help students become problem solvers, critical thinkers and lifelong learners. Page’s early childhood education program offers a learning experience that excites children’s curiosity and imagination and prepares them to continue on to the Page elementary program. Page’s innovative curriculum incorporates art, music and hands on learning into each day:
- Zoo-phonics: Beginning phonics, reading readiness skills and comprehension
- Circle time: Your child will start each day off with sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings
- Art: Students will express creativity, individual ideas and feelings through art
Music and movement: Students will become familiar with the movement of their bodies and forms of communication
- Literacy and language: Phonics, writing and comprehension
- Science: Topics include animals, plants, seasons, experiments
- Mathematics: Core skills covered include spatial skills, measurement, graphing, geometry and probability
* Elementary Program:
Page Private school’s elementary program challenges students academically and teaches students educational skills and habits that make them effective learners. Group activities are an integral component of the elementary program. Group discussions will be encouraged along with team brainstorming as they develop critical thinking, social and communication skills.
Small class sizes allow students to progress at their own individual pace under the guidance of Page teachers that are skilled in many teaching styles and methods of learning. Upon entering the elementary program students will have access to a greater variety of resources, higher goals, and the drive to explore further into various subject areas. Page students will have the opportunity to explore subjects such as Geography, Science, English, Mathematics, as well as to develop skills in the following Core Competencies:
- Literacy Skills
- Computational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Reasoning and Critical Thinking
- Study and Organizational Skills
- Technology Skills
- Strong Math, Science and Language arts program
- Small Class Size
- Foreign Language: Develop vocabulary, grammar, oral and writing skills
- Arts: Music and movement, drawing, sculpture, and painting
- Science: Scientific exploration, guided lessons and experimentation are the keys to discovery
- Technology: Computer lab and Whiteboard technology to aid classroom learning
* Middle School Program:
The Page Private School’s Middle School program addresses the academic, social and physical growth and self-discovery of students as well as prepare them for success in high school. The middle school program is tailored to each individual students academic level. Dynamic core classes and electives encourage exploration, critical thinking and will encourage each student to reach their full potential. Our academic courses give each student an opportunity to sample a variety of interests.
- English: Middle school students study literature response and analysis, reading comprehension, vocabulary development and word analysis, speaking applications, spelling, grammar and mechanics, and writing, including descriptive, narrative, informative and expository.
- Mathematics: Basic operations, geometric figures and formulas, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making, decimals, fractions, graphs and statistics, number theories and patterns, probability and predictions, use of protractor, compass and calculator, integers and algebraic equations.
- Science: Topics include systems of living organisms, classification, earth science, matter, forces, energy and motion, atomic structure and the Periodic Table, waves, light and sound, oceanography, ecology, animal studies, the human body, heredity, and measurement.
- Social Studies: Covering geography, map skills, and the development of civilization students develop critical thinking and analytic skills as they discover the causes and effects of the complexities of human behavior through the centuries.
- Spanish: Spanish courses will develop basic listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in Spanish. Students will also be introduced to the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world through music, art and field trips.
- Computer Lab: Computer lab is to prepare students for technology in our world and to complement classroom learning. Students begin with research techniques followed by how to put together presentations.
These skills are then given practical application. Students will be exposed to computer terms and an understanding of the functions and operations of the computer.
- Art: The student's creativity is stimulated by introducing the elements, design, periods and styles of art, as well as key artists. Students will experience the advanced techniques of drawing and painting.
- Music: Students will listen to, analyze and describe a variety of musical pieces from different musical genres. There will be a focus on understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Costa Mesa, Orange County, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.