Perkiomen School: Perkiomen School’s rigorous academic program is implemented through an innovative educational model combining the best of traditional education with practical skills to thrive in a global community. We inspire our students to risk becoming their best, while providing the support of dedicated faculty, unique experiences, and access to advanced technology, both in and out of the classroom. With the freedom to explore their personal identities and interests, Perkiomen students develop the character, intellect, and courage needed to make their individual goals a reality.
Perkiomen School offers a superb college preparatory education—from a middle school experience that nurtures independent inquiry, to the latest instructional technology applied in innovative ways.
At Perkiomen, we believe that to learn and grow into responsible citizens of the world requires a certain kind of risk, a willingness to face new challenges. Take Mandarin Chinese, try out for a sport you have never played before, or make yourself at home in the Innovation Center. Of course, you will make a mistake or two. Don't be afraid to fail...just be sure you learn from the experience.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Located in Mercersburg PA, 70 miles southwest of Harrisburg and 90 minutes from Washington D.C., Mercersburg Academy is an independent, co-educational college-preparatory boarding school for Grades 9-12.
Mercersburg has been educating US and international students since 1893, and although much has changed over 116 years, the mission of the school has not. We remain committed to providing our students with the best education in the classroom and beyond. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Our talented faculty inspire our students to try new things and to learn about the importance of living in a diverse community. Mercersburg is a true boarding school—about 85 percent of our students live on campus. The residential experience at Mercersburg educates the whole student, both in and out of the classroom.
Boarding and Day Programs for Domestic & International Students (Grades 9-12)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with math, English, art history, field biology, world religions, foreign languages...
- Arts and Culture Program
- College Preparation Courses PSAT and SAT
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Honors Courses
- Athletics Program
- Writing Center and Learning Services Center
- English as Second Language (ESL) Program for international students
Established in 1746, Linden Hall is the oldest girls' boarding school in the United States. The school is located in the historic town of Lititz PA, within a few hours of Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and New York City.
As a college preparatory day and boarding school for grades 6-12 and a post graduate year, Linden Hall is dedicated to excellence in the education of young women.
Linden Hall’s mission is to provide what we believe is the best college preparatory experience in the nation. Through our signature 4C’s Promise, Linden Hall provides an experience that best prepares each student for success and leadership in college and the working world.
Linden Hall is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The Phelps School, Malvern, Pennsylvania - Philadelphia Area
Courses / Programs
The Phelps School is a private, nonsectarian boarding and day school for boys in grades six through 12. The School inhabits a beautiful 70-acre wooded campus in Pennsylvania’s historic Chester County, 25 miles outside of downtown Philadelphia.
With approximately 100 students and an average class size of seven, The Phelps School offers the ideal setting for boys who thrive in a small, nurturing and structured environment. The learning experience is personalized for each student, with offerings ranging from college-level Advanced Placement courses for academically gifted students to a comprehensive Academic Support Program for students with learning differences.
Beyond rigorous academics, students will find a robust athletics program, numerous extracurricular activities, and a strong support system comprising deeply caring faculty and peers. The Phelps School empowers each student to reach his highest potential, and is committed to preparing young
men for college and for life.
Boarding & Day School for Boys in Grades 6-12, with an optional Postgraduate year.
Core academic subjects with a variety of Advanced Placement courses include:
- World Language
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Social Studies
- Academic Support Program(ASP)
- Physical Education
- Athletics Program...
Located in Birmingham, Huntington County PA, the Grier School is a private boarding school for girls in Grades 7 through post-graduate year and admits girls regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.
In addition to a college preparatory curriculum with AP courses and SAT and ACT college prep courses we also provide a learning skills program, an enriching arts program, an extensive athletics program, a horseriding program, a healthy lifestyle program, etiquette class, summer school, TOEFL and ESL programs.
95% of Grier's students reside beyond a 100 mile radius of the school so numerous activities are organized each weekend to make it truly a full-time boarding school experience. Grier provides students wih a valuable education in a beautiful environment.
At Grier, the dormitory areas of the building are supervised by housemothers whose sole responsibility on campus is to oversee the life in the dorms. Housemothers are mature women who have raised families themselves.
Boarding Programs for Girls in Grades 7-12 (incl. postgraduate year option)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, history, modern languages, the arts and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Learning Skills Program
- Horseriding Program
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Etiquette Class
- Summer School
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Programs
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Ohio and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."