The Perkiomen School: The Perkiomen School (also known as Perk), located in the Greater Philadelphia area, Pennsylvania, is an accredited, coeducational, college preparatory, boarding and day school offering grades 6 to 12 (day), 7 to 12 (boarding), and a post graduate year. The Perkiomen School is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence within a caring and personalized setting (5 to 1 student teacher ratio).
Our curriculum challenges students to become inquisitive and independent learners. We provide opportunities for intellectual and creative exploration within a diverse and trusting faculty and student environment. Perkiomen is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The Perkiomen School is located in Pennsburg, Montgomery County in the Greater Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania. It is within walking distance of shops, restaurants, banks, and salons. The Lehigh Valley is to the north (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton), Philadelphia is 49 miles to our south, and New York City is only 104 miles east. Perkiomen is convenient to some of the nation’s finest cultural and educational institutions, great shopping and entertainment, and beautiful countryside with skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, and much more.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Ohio and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!"
- TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Established in 1746, Linden Hall is the oldest girls' boarding school in the United States. The school is located in the historic town of Lititz PA, within a few hours of Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and New York City.
As a college preparatory day and boarding school for grades 6-12 and a post graduate year, Linden Hall is dedicated to excellence in the education of young women.
Linden Hall’s mission is to provide what we believe is the best college preparatory experience in the nation. Through our signature 4C’s Promise, Linden Hall provides an experience that best prepares each student for success and leadership in college and the working world.
Linden Hall is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Located in Mercersburg PA, 70 miles southwest of Harrisburg and 90 minutes from Washington D.C., Mercersburg Academy is an independent, co-educational college-preparatory boarding school for Grades 9-12.
Mercersburg has been educating US and international students since 1893, and although much has changed over 116 years, the mission of the school has not. We remain committed to providing our students with the best education in the classroom and beyond. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Our talented faculty inspire our students to try new things and to learn about the importance of living in a diverse community. Mercersburg is a true boarding school—about 85 percent of our students live on campus. The residential experience at Mercersburg educates the whole student, both in and out of the classroom.
Boarding and Day Programs for Domestic & International Students (Grades 9-12)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with math, English, art history, field biology, world religions, foreign languages...
- Arts and Culture Program
- College Preparation Courses PSAT and SAT
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Honors Courses
- Athletics Program
- Writing Center and Learning Services Center
- English as Second Language (ESL) Program for international students
Located in Birmingham, Huntington County PA, the Grier School is a private boarding school for girls in Grades 7 through post-graduate year and admits girls regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.
In addition to a college preparatory curriculum with AP courses and SAT and ACT college prep courses we also provide a learning skills program, an enriching arts program, an extensive athletics program, a horseriding program, a healthy lifestyle program, etiquette class, summer school, TOEFL and ESL programs.
95% of Grier's students reside beyond a 100 mile radius of the school so numerous activities are organized each weekend to make it truly a full-time boarding school experience. Grier provides students wih a valuable education in a beautiful environment.
At Grier, the dormitory areas of the building are supervised by housemothers whose sole responsibility on campus is to oversee the life in the dorms. Housemothers are mature women who have raised families themselves.
Boarding Programs for Girls in Grades 7-12 (incl. postgraduate year option)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, history, modern languages, the arts and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Learning Skills Program
- Horseriding Program
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Etiquette Class
- Summer School
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Programs
Located in Newtown, Bucks County PA, just five miles north of Langhorne, George School is a co-educational boarding and day school for domestic and international students in Grades 9-12. George School is a great place to get ready for college.
Besides offering a wide variety of Advanced Placement and other interesting, challenging classes, we are one of only four U.S. boarding schools offering the International Baccalaureate Program.
We also offer English as a Second Language (ESL) to help international students adapt to an English-speaking system of education. Boarding facilities are available with separate dormitory sections for boys and girls. Each of our dorms has a personality all of its own.
There are lots of things to do on a typical George School weekend. You will have a chance to hang out with friends, work on a group project, or even get ready for an upcoming test. You will feel safe, nurtured and challenged as you encounter new ideas, new people, new ways of life.