Located in Birmingham, Huntington County PA, the Grier School is a private boarding school for girls in Grades 7 through post-graduate year and admits girls regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.
In addition to a college preparatory curriculum with AP courses and SAT and ACT college prep courses we also provide a learning skills program, an enriching arts program, an extensive athletics program, a horseriding program, a healthy lifestyle program, etiquette class, summer school, TOEFL and ESL programs.
95% of Grier's students reside beyond a 100 mile radius of the school so numerous activities are organized each weekend to make it truly a full-time boarding school experience. Grier provides students wih a valuable education in a beautiful environment.
At Grier, the dormitory areas of the building are supervised by housemothers whose sole responsibility on campus is to oversee the life in the dorms. Housemothers are mature women who have raised families themselves.
Boarding Programs for Girls in Grades 7-12 (incl. postgraduate year option)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, math, science, history, modern languages, the arts and athletics
- Advanced Placement Courses
- College Preparation Courses ACT and SAT
- Learning Skills Program
- Horseriding Program
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Etiquette Class
- Summer School
- TOEFL and English as a Second Language Programs
Erie First Christian Academy (EFCA) in Erie, PA, is a private, accredited day and boarding school that provides a full-time college preparatory education for young men and women from all over the world. We provide co-educational day programs for Pre-K-12th Grade students, and boarding programs for Grades 8-12.
Our program is designed to bring out the best in each student through immersion in a nurturing environment that combines structured guidance with self-reliance and personal development and discovery.
At EFCA, international students attend school with American community students, this year we had students from 14 different countries. Our graduates experience academic success at the college and university level along with a high level of scholarship incentives.
Erie First Christian Academy is accredited by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and MSA (Middle States Association). All EFCA teachers are fully certified.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys & girls) ages 13-18.
We welcome students from Pennsylvania, across the United States, & students from around the world (TWAI is authorized to issue 1-20's for international students).
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located on a beautiful, 350-acre campus is in Saltsburg PA, 30 miles east of Pittsburgh, The Kiski School is one of the oldest all-boys college preparatory boarding schools in the United States.
In a typical year, Kiski enrolls 200 students in Grades 9-12 plus a handful of post-graduate students. Our students come from many different US states and more than a dozen different countries.
There are 60 different courses that make up Kiski's classic, yet innovative liberal arts education, including history, literature, social and natural sciences, and fine arts. These courses mirror the curriculum in the nation's best universities.
One hundred percent of Kiski graduates go on to four-year colleges or universities. We also offer an outstanding, personalized college counseling service for each student.
Located in Mercersburg PA, 70 miles southwest of Harrisburg and 90 minutes from Washington D.C., Mercersburg Academy is an independent, co-educational college-preparatory boarding school for Grades 9-12.
Mercersburg has been educating US and international students since 1893, and although much has changed over 116 years, the mission of the school has not. We remain committed to providing our students with the best education in the classroom and beyond. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Our talented faculty inspire our students to try new things and to learn about the importance of living in a diverse community. Mercersburg is a true boarding school—about 85 percent of our students live on campus. The residential experience at Mercersburg educates the whole student, both in and out of the classroom.
Boarding and Day Programs for Domestic & International Students (Grades 9-12)
- College Preparatory Curriculum with math, English, art history, field biology, world religions, foreign languages...
- Arts and Culture Program
- College Preparation Courses PSAT and SAT
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Honors Courses
- Athletics Program
- Writing Center and Learning Services Center
- English as Second Language (ESL) Program for international students
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Ohio, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor