Solid Rock Community School:
Solid Rock Community School (SRCS) is a not-for-profit college preparatory, private school for students in grades K-12 in Tarpon Springs in Pinellas County. As well as Pinellas County, our location is also convenient to Pasco and Hillsborough Counties. Our school features small class sizes and a low student-to-teacher ratio, allowing students to receive the attention they deserve.
Solid Rock views academics quite differently than most schools. We have two very unique concepts:
1. Skill-Level-Based Education - We at SRCS look at each student as an individual, recognizing they have strengths and weaknesses in all areas. Through a variety of assessments we will evaluate each new student to determine the most appropriate class placement for them. Skill level education leaves out the gaps, boredom, or frustration typically experienced by students who have been placed in inappropriate classes. This is ideal for gifted or learning challenged students.
2. Mastery-Based Education - Through regular assessments given at the end of six week session, we confirm each student is progressing at an acceptable pace. We provide multi-modal evaluations each session and a cumulative assessment every semester. Students struggling with concepts taught in class are invited to attend tutoring during review weeks or before or after school. This ensures that no student is left behind.
* Grades K-12 School Program / College Preparatory Program:
All course curriculum is selected because of its proven effectiveness in the classroom. We will always provide resources and curriculum that offer accurate and up-to-date information. In addition to the curriculum below, Solid Rock Community School also offers virtual classes and blended classes (classroom time+ virtual learning) as options for students who need specialized instruction in a course, increased flexibility, or high school credit recovery.
Subjects include: Math, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies
Sample of electives offered: General Art, Advanced Art, Arts and Crafts, Playground / Free Time, PE, Personal Fitness, Health, Foreign Language, Medical Classes, Music, Drivers Ed, Computers Skills and Study Skills.
* K-4 Special Needs and Autistic Program:
The Sunshine Program was specially designed for children with autism who are best served in a specialized classroom with specialized instructors. Other disabilities may also be included in this program. Our Sunshine teachers are trained in varying exceptionalities, disabilities, and autism. The Sunshine students spend their day working on academics and life skills receiving the attention they need and deserve.
* Gifted Program
* Virtual School Program:
Solid Rock Virtual School (SRVS) is a privately run virtual school program serving students in any location with internet access. SRVS is the right choice in flexibility for:
SRVS flexible and easy for:
- Homeschool & homebound students who are seeking an alternative method for required courses and electives
- High school credit recovery for all students
- Students requiring at-pace learning
- Students who need extra review or tutoring
- Families who need a schedule with increased flexibility
* Homeschool Program:
Solid Rock Community School offers many options for homeschool families. Community Day (Fridays) is open for homeschool participation. It is a great opportunity for your child to have social and academic experiences not typically available in the home. The day is structured and supervised, yet the club activities are extremely fun, hands-on, and social. Community Day participation encourages teamwork, problem solving, creativity, thinking outside the box, and peer relationships.
* Umbrella School:
A 600 school or umbrella school is generally a private school which has an option available for students who do not attend any or all classes on site at the school’s facility. It is the perfect choice for homeschool families who wish to have the support or guidance of a school and/or academic advisor, but wish to have control of their child’s academics. When a family is covered by an umbrella school, the umbrella school stands between the family and the state in which the family resides.
Our umbrella school offers the legal protection of a private school, curriculum support, academic advisory, and counseling and support services. In addition, we offer a variety of activities, parties, clubs and and social experiences to our “umbrella” families. Our umbrella school allows the child to receive a diploma from an accredited school.
Activities: Sports, Clubs and School Parties
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 1350 East Lake N. Tarpon Springs, 34688, Pinellas County, Florida , USA
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2024 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.