L&L Academy and Preschool:
L&L Academy and Preschool is located on Clark Street in Chicago in Cook County (Just a block away from Lincoln Park Zoo), and offers daycare and preschool programs for children aged between three and six years. Our goals are to nurture and guide each child’s development physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually that will continue to evolve over a lifetime. This is done in an environment where learning unfolds though stimulating play, exploration and curriculum.
Daycare / Preschool Programs (3 - 6 years):
L&L Academy and Preschool was created to help your child achieve a higher standard in education. Entering first grade is a stressful time and we want to prepare our students for this transition by exposing them to similar topics that will be covered the first year. Through familiarity, your child can focus on learning the new material rather than focusing on an adjustment period. In the meantime, L&L also wants to instill values that are beyond the education system: The importance of health. Right start in understanding how to take care of oneself should help your child make positive choices in life. Besides embedding a strong educational foundation in a fun setting, children will be introduced to “core values”.
Children are constantly encouraged to learn. We use every opportunity to reinforce what we have learned throughout the day. For example, children must sign in daily to practice their writing skills. Our walks to the park are a great opportunity to practice counting to 100 or repeating the poem of the week, or reading words like “Stop”, etc. We constantly encourage children to play educational games like Bongo, Zingo, Checkers, or Connect4 during “free play”.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- Arrival - 9:00: Free Play at available stations (educational games/ library / computer / art / pretend play / etc.)
- 9:00 - 9:05: Clean up
- 9:05 - 9:25: Morning Circle (discussion of weather / calendar / assignment of jobs / discussion of message of the day, practice of a poem of the week. Children will help “read” the message of the day by highlighting certain letters or words, depending on each child’s reading level)
- 9:25 - 9:35: Morning Snack
- 9:35 - 10:00: Second Circle & Everyday Math (children are challenged with a math problem on a daily basis, math questions are adjusted to each individual’s difficulty level)
- 10:00 - 10:30: Mandatory Centers (Math, Science, Art, Literacy, Library)
- 10:30 - 11:25: Gross Motor (outside activity if the weather is above 20 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 11:25 - 12:00: Class Meeting three days a week, Music twice a week (during class meeting children are encouraged to publicly speak, reason and come up with solutions if any problems arise. Music includes study of each genre and playing instruments)
- 12:00 - 12:25: Lunch (daily practice of good manners)
- 12:25 - 12:35: Bathroom/teeth brushing
- 12:35 - 12:50: Baby Yoga
- 12:50 - 1:00: Chapter Book reading (part of a nap time routine)
- 1:00 - 3:00: Rest Time (children are not forced to sleep, those that do not nap can read and do quiet activities)
- 3:00 - 3:30: Mandatory Centers (Math, Science, Art, Literacy, Library)
- 3:30 - 3:40: Afternoon Snack
- 3:40 - 4:25: Outside or Small Groups (includes practice of the poem of the week). Outside activities are active learning games that include reinforcement of learned material. When weather permits, children play tennis, soccer, and dance. Children also go to a nearby park for gross motor free play.
- 4:20 - Pick Up: Free Play at available stations (educational games / library / computer / art / pretend play / etc.)
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 2325 N. Clark St, Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.