L&L Academy and Preschool: Located on Clark Street in Chicago in Cook County (Just a block away from Lincoln Park Zoo), L&L Academy and Preschool offers daycare and preschool programs for children aged between three and six years. Our goals are to nurture and guide each child’s development physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually that will continue to evolve over a lifetime. This is done in an environment where learning unfolds though stimulating play, exploration and curriculum. Some parents may prefer the Montessori approach; we believe that, as professional teachers, it is our duty to help children discover their interests through guidance.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Daycare & Preschool Programs (For kids aged 3 - 6 years): - 2 day program (Tuesday and Thursday)
- 3 day program (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- 5 day program (Monday to Friday)
With fun, but carefully planned curriculum, we can help your child discover the wonders of reading, poetry, science, creative movement and much more.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Parliament Tutors | Private Tutoring, Test Prep & Admissions
Courses / Programs
Parliament Tutors is dedicated to bringing students the most customized learning experiences from the most highly qualified tutors. We have private tutors based throughout Chicago, Illinois, offering academic tutoring and test preparation for students of all ages and academic backgrounds trying to reach their highest potential grades and target scores. We cater for K-8, high school and college / university students.
While our private tutoring and test prep philosophy stresses the importance of independent study and practice, Parliament's Chicago tutors are equipped with the most effective learning strategies and highest level of knowledge in their fields. In addition to our private tutoring, we offer summer crash courses for various standardized exams.
- K-8 tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- High school tutoring for Math, Science, English, Social Studies & Foreign Languages
- College course help
- College Prep Tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT, SAT II & AP exams
- Postgraduate Prep Tutoring for GRE, GMAT, MCAT & LSAT exams
- TOEFL test preparation
- Language lessons including Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese and more
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.
The South Side School is an affordable independent elementary school with a Waldorf-inspired curriculum near Chicago's Loop in the vibrant urban environment of East Pilsen and we are happy to serve Lower West Side, Pilsen and South Side communities. We draw on an 90-year-old teaching tradition that engages the "whole child" - intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically - in time with the natural developmental stages of childhood. We are focused not simply on the college your child will attend, but rather the person your child will become: curious, compassionate, self-reliant.
We are a new elementary school in Chicago, whose curriculum is inspired by Waldorf education. The uniqueness in a Waldorf education can be found mainly in how and when the students are taught-not in what they are taught. First comes the experience of the subject and from this experience comes the understanding of the concept.
This genuine learning process, from perception, to feeling, to idea, is the basis for later abstract and intellectual learning. We teach our children in the deepest manner possible, allowing lessons to become fully incorporated into the individual.
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
* Our curriculum includes Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Chinese, Language Arts, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music, Movement, Handwork and Outdoor play.
* In the Waldorf tradition, we intend for our classroom teacher to remain with the class until the children reach 8th grade.
Creative Scholars Preschool is located in the heart of Chicago, Cook County, near Lincolnwood and Irving Park, with easy access to Freeway 90 and 94. At Creative Scholars Preschool, we strive to build a strong foundation for your child’s love of education. With a focus on early literacy development, we promote developmentally appropriate possibilities that enable us to discover the gifts each child possesses. We offer parents a central homely location and provide our children with a safe, engaging, collaborative and creative place to learn.
Our world is ever changing. At Creative Scholars, we have a responsibility to foster an atmosphere of caring, respect and understanding of one another and our world. We are committed to working together; parents, teachers, and child to ensure a high quality program for all of our students.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Lincoln Park Preschool (LPP) is a private, early childhood program / day care center located on W. Belden Avenue, at Belden and Lincoln Park West in Chicago, Cook County, IL. We have another school, Lincoln Park Preparatory School, located at Germania and Clark Street – just south of North Avenue in the city. Our early childhood programs (for children ages 2 - 6 years) primary focus is the growth and well being of the child. We provide this best by having a warm, open, nurturing atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Our school is a place where children can develop self-confidence and build a commitment to learning. They take part in discovery-based activities that are developmentally appropriate. We provide a healthy balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities.
Children are encouraged to build upon problem solving skills, as well as their creativity and socialization skills. Our teachers take into account the individuality of each child. Activities that are stimulating to the child’s imagination and creative development can then be provided.
LPP is NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited and state and city licensed.
Early Childhood Programs for children ages 2-6 years:
- Programs for children ages 2-5 years at Belden location.
- Programs for children age 2 years through to Kindergarten at Germania location.
- 2, 3, and 5 day schedules
- Hours 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Theme based learning activities with developmentally appropriate learning in math, science, language arts, dramatic play, music, gross & fine motor, art & sensory
- Foreign language immersion program – Language Stars Spanish instruction